• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Artic future era, enjoyable, worst era ever

JJ597

Player(s)? have said Artic Future is the worst era. I'm in it and don't think it's better/worse than any other era.

JJ597

I'd say probably 5k GBG fights.
I only reached 1,000 GBG fights once. For me, so time consuming, I don't expect to reach ever again. Just noticed, your additional info re cities in J and EN. How are those added to your postings?

Ebeondi Asi

Generally Oceanic is called the worst.
Arctic is a slight problem for adding on the Colony.
Lot of players are insulting Titan but I find it to be OK. Troops not great, but good enough once you get boost up.

Big-Bendz

All space ages suck. Although Jupiter moon has good fighters. But getting what you need to move on is horrid and once you leave an age you can't get those age specific goods easily but they are required for future ages. So Mars Ore, etc, I suggest having 15000-20000 before moving out of that age. I'm in space age on 2 worlds and my 3rd world I probably won't go past future age which was one of the best.

jaymoney23456

All space ages suck. Although Jupiter moon has good fighters. But getting what you need to move on is horrid and once you leave an age you can't get those age specific goods easily but they are required for future ages. So Mars Ore, etc, I suggest having 15000-20000 before moving out of that age. I'm in space age on 2 worlds and my 3rd world I probably won't go past future age which was one of the best.
SAAB is an awesome age SAM is decent SAV is good-jupiter moon gets to be tough fighting-would stay away from Titan-won't go there except to pass through if next age after it is good

jaymoney23456

Lot of players are insulting Titan but I find it to be OK. Troops not great, but good enough once you get boost up.
Have to change out troops every few fights in Titan regardless of attack boost-sounds like a very crappy age to me lol

Johnny B. Goode

Player(s)? have said Artic Future is the worst era. I'm in it and don't think it's better/worse than any other era.
To me, AF is like Tomorrow Era. It seems worse than it is because it's worse than the previous era. EMA struck me that way, too. However, those three combined are not as bad as OF, which combines the worst attributes of those three and adds an immensely long tech tree to the mix.

xivarmy

Why so negative? ;)

I have actually camped OF on purpose before. It's not horrible if you want to be there. Though I certainly hated it when it was the last age and I couldn't get out! But different game back then - GBG was not around as aspirational content and while goods selling was kinda "endgame" for me, OF goods were hard to trade for even a bag of pucks at the time.

Positives:
- Capable flyer if you just want to auto 8xflyers vs the world. No worse than doing so in SAM imo. Definitely cleaner than SAT.
- Widest variety of units to play with if you get bored. You don't *have to* use units other than the flyer, but you can benefit from doing so if it floats your fancy.
- Being in it and using the terminal sooner rather than later means you can be out of it sooner if you prefer.

Negatives:
- That capable flyer is near the end of the tree. You might need to use other things for a while. Many sources of random units seem incapable of providing the "2nd" unit of each type. Thankfully 8 eels, available early, are about as good as 8 gliders if you want to 1-army it.
- If you *don't* want to be there, it is without question objectively the slowest age to get through and painfully expensive if you want to spend diamonds to skip it - there's no efficient way to rush orichalcum by diamonds. If you have thousands of FP to burn (and i emphasize *burn*) you *can* rush orichalcum by powerlevel-raze-repeat on the space carrier.

xivarmy

It's a matter of taste primarily. AF does have its positives but also sizeable negatives.

Negatives:
- Special Ores suck. But it's not the worst era for that (OF is). But if you're happy there this is minor.
- Fighting is bloody if you're a mass autobattler. Plasma cannons punish your previous-era hovers fairly effectively at even "fair" attrition. And there are no clean autobattle setups using current era troops.

Positives:
- Attrition ceiling is high if you can stand the losses. Battle Fortress can fight far above your boost if you provide them strong AO support owing to their innately strong defense (always take at least 4 hits to die - so if you can keep killing things in 3-4, advantage you!). While not the *best* age for fighting to stupidly-high attrition (ages with mechanical cheese strats take that), it is well above average.
- Gotta start it sometime if you want to get through it (same goes for OF). If you approach it as a challenge, it can be fun :)

Emberguard

I really liked Arctic and Oceanic Future as far as Ages go

The map however is the bit that takes time to get through and can make it annoying if you're waiting on it.

Would I have enjoyed it as much if I had been playing it in the various parts as they got released? Maybe not. But in its finished form I really liked both Ages

To me the worst thing about AF is the crappy troops you get. It's causing a problem for me in the PvP arena, as my ranking has fallen about 80 spots. I'm getting stronger opponents but still having to fight them with the same FE troops (or the AF troops which are no better and arguably not as good), so even as I continue to grow my boosts I can't get as many PvP arena points as I could in FE.