• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Auto Aid

Algona

EDIT 7/10: Hiya folks! No, I did not originate this thread. No I do not know what happened to the first dozen? 20>? posts. The thread was moved by a Mod from Proposals to here because it was not formatted properly. Apparently the posts preceding mine were lost in the move.

First time I;ve seen posts lost during a thread move. Sire hope that sorta loss of posts does not start happeneing on a regular basis.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12063

Get this straight. My city has nothing to do with examples of players having the highest score in their world and having to make changes later, because of a decline in aiding. It worked fine for them and then stopped working due to changes in aiding.

I don't know how someone can be playing this game and not know there has been a change in aiding. I've heard it discussed on chat.

You should know I monitor my friends list, because you were removed from one of them for poor aiding. I remove players who miss three days, not including today, from my friends list, if they aren't absent for a reason and are still collecting their city.

It should be obvious that a player in a good guild, near it's maximum membership, and having a full friends list would have to have a huge amount of things to aid to notice changes. With nearly 300 contacts and a city with few things to aid, how would a player notice a change?

DeletedUser

Get this straight. My city has nothing to do with examples of players having the highest score in their world and having to make changes later, because of a decline in aiding.
Sorry, I only see your comments here. Where are all these people, and why aren't they here supporting your proposal? A proposal which, by the way, would have only an indirect (and questionable at that) effect on amount of aiding.
I don't know how someone can be playing this game and not know there has been a change in aiding. I've heard it discussed on chat.
Well, if you've heard it discussed on chat, it must be true. By the way, with all your heavy questing, how do you find time for chat?
You should know I monitor my friends list, because you were removed from one of them for poor aiding.
Yeah, probably one of worlds I don't play anymore. I would do the same. Interesting thing is, I can go back to some of those cities after weeks away, and I will still have people that haven't unfriended me.
It should be obvious that a player in a good guild, near it's maximum membership, and having a full friends list would have to have a huge amount of things to aid to notice changes. With nearly 300 contacts and a city with few things to aid, how would a player notice a change?
I don't know. On my 3 active worlds I have a max of 81 friends, and in the 2 where I'm in a guild the highest membership is 9. So, well under 200 contacts on all 3. And on at least one, I have a significant number of motivatable special buildings. Yet I don't notice a problem with aiding. And on the one with the most friends/guildmates, I only aid like the top 3 neighbors and attack/plunder the rest, so you would think if there were a serious problem with aiding, I would have noticed it.

DeletedUser

To get back on track, your proposal is for the ultimate easy button, an automatic aiding feature. All of this about an "aiding problem" is just a distraction from the real issue, which is that this proposal takes away any effort from aiding. Just set it and forget it. I can see why you are in favor of it, being a Heavy Quester on multiple worlds, it would make your life way easier. But for those of us that are here to actually play the game, and not just sit here and click through recurring quests all day, this is an unnecessary corruption of the game.

DeletedUser21322

2 things,
1. Please place this in the proper proposal format.
2. I have seen this idea before. If someone would please nominate it for voting we can then bring it up to the developers attention.

DeletedUser12063

Stephen Longshanks keeps bringing me into the conversation and he doesn't seem to know much about the subject of questing, so I'll set it straight.

My cities don't lack resources as you keep saying I need the aiding. Quests are done primarily to make forge point packs, so they make plenty of all quest rewards, whether they are aided or not. They are all Chateau boosted by at least 150% and have high level resource boosting GBs.

Having the means to make forge points in Forge of Empires is playing the game and not sitting back. It takes more work doing quests than just about anything else in the game and it was put there by design. Shrines of Knowledge are small and cities with many of them are the types of cities that would see an aiding problem. I don't try for more than 50 and many cities have much more than that. I don't want a city full of them, because I want room for other things.

Later, I'll set up another tab and copy their format. The proposal is very simple. They can partition off about a third of the left side of the aid feature on the lists and include an A for auto and M for manual. If someone wants to aid a contact each day, they can set it to auto, otherwise, it will always be set on the default manual. Unless something better is proposed, I'd say set the time of aiding to the time of setting it on auto, or setting it on auto and aiding.

DeletedUser

Stephen Longshanks keeps bringing me into the conversation and he doesn't seem to know much about the subject of questing, so I'll set it straight
Umm...this is your proposal, how am I bringing you back into the conversation? I simply reply to your postings. And I do know a few things about questing, thank you very much. For example:
Quests are done primarily to make forge point packs, so they make plenty of all quest rewards, whether they are aided or not. They are all Chateau boosted by at least 150% and have high level resource boosting GBs.
While the second sentence here is true, the first one is not. Heavy questing is about FPs, Goods and Medals primarily, with the bonus of getting occasional Diamonds as well as having coins, supplies and BPs thrown in. And, in fact, Cosmic Raven's guide to this subject refers to getting all your supply production buildings aided, so that they won't be plundered.
Having the means to make forge points in Forge of Empires is playing the game and not sitting back. It takes more work doing quests than just about anything else in the game and it was put there by design. Shrines of Knowledge are small and cities with many of them are the types of cities that would see an aiding problem.
Sitting back is not how I would characterize a Heavy Quester, but it is a non-standard approach to the game. The recurring quests were hardly put there with the intention of being the sole focus of the game, as they are with Heavy Questers. I seriously doubt that the developers had in mind a group of players endlessly clicking through them, with a city filled mainly with supply buildings. And on that same note, it seems you're the one with incomplete knowledge of the Heavy Questing strategy, as it calls for you to be in a larger guild, not a solo one like you seem to be.

Back to the subject at hand, though, i.e. the proposal. Not a good idea. Having an automatic aiding feature is bad for the game. It would actually be detrimental to those who need the aid, because they would never know if the people on their friend list were returning aid. To know that, you have to aid from Event History and then go through your friends list. Which means you would have to turn off the auto setting on each player, then go through Event History, then you friends list, then turn the auto setting back on. If simply aiding is too much work, where would you find time for that whole process?

DeletedUser2355

I would like to see the OP put into the proper format. I am not sure but I suspect the suggestion is a setting that allows you to toggle auto aid for each player on ones friends list, neighbors or guild mates. This sounds different from other approaches to dealing with the current tedious and annoying method of motivating and polishing.

Aside from the GvG lag fiasco (Recognized by Inno as a "known Issue") the way one has to click mindlessly everyday in this game results in many players leaving the game. As guild founder I cannot tell you how many fine, long time players have decided to leave the game as they grow tired of this aspect of the game.

Many suggestions have been posted and voted on to ameliorate this issue. All have been voted on in the affirmative. The aid button was introduced but it did not go far enough specially since now there is the taverns to contend with.

I would like to suggest to the game developers, if they don't already know, mindless clicking is not "fun". It is time consuming and annoying. Allow players a choice. Manual aid motivate/polish and an automated method. This could be one click for all, a toggle button or what I suggested a long time ago. Let players click and drag across the history pages. Any of these will go a long way to free up players of this game to get back to enjoying the game and not feel like they are working.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

I would like to see the OP put into the proper format. I am not sure but I suspect the suggestion is a setting that allows you to toggle auto aid for each player on ones friends list, neighbors or guild mates. This sounds different from other approaches to dealing with the current tedious and annoying method of motivating and polishing.

Aside from the GvG lag fiasco the way one has to click mindlessly everyday in this game results in many players leaving the game. As guild founder I cannot tell you how many fine, long time players have decided to leave the game as they grow tired of this aspect of the game.

Many suggestions have been posted and voted on to ameliorate this issue. All have been voted on in the affirmative. The aid button was introduced but it did not go far enough specially since now there is the taverns to contend with.

I would like to suggest to the game developers, if they don't already know, mindless clicking is not "fun". It is time consuming and annoying. Allow players a choice. Manual aid motivate/polish and an automated method. This could be one click for all, a toggle button or what I suggested a long time ago. Let players click and drag across the history pages. Any of these will go a long way to free up players of this game to get back to enjoying the game and not feel like they are working.
I'm for an Aid All button but completely automated? Like you never have to do anything? Not sure I would go for that though I suppose an Aid All button is pretty much the same in a way just have to remember to click it. (Just a side note but I don't think there's a GvG lag issue, I think that it's just a memory leak from opening/closing so many windows So this is why you have lag....)

DeletedUser

the way one has to click mindlessly everyday in this game results in many players leaving the game.
I would like to suggest to the game developers, if they don't already know, mindless clicking is not "fun". It is time consuming and annoying.
I quoted these 2 posts to point out the irony here. The player who posted this proposal is a Heavy Quester, with cities on more than 1 world. This means his whole experience of playing is endless, mindless clicking. Fulfilling a recurring quest, then aborting all the others until the one he wants comes around again, then repeating until he runs out of supply buildings to collect from. And he has a lot of supply buildings. So this proposal isn't about "endless clicking" it's to free him up for more of the endless clicking that he thinks is more important than aiding. He probably wants to free up some time so he can open up cities on more worlds, so he can do more of his Heavy Quest clicking. Hypocrisy at its finest.

DeletedUser2355

I quoted these 2 posts to point out the irony here. The player who posted this proposal is a Heavy Quester, with cities on more than 1 world. This means his whole experience of playing is endless, mindless clicking. Fulfilling a recurring quest, then aborting all the others until the one he wants comes around again, then repeating until he runs out of supply buildings to collect from. And he has a lot of supply buildings. So this proposal isn't about "endless clicking" it's to free him up for more of the endless clicking that he thinks is more important than aiding. He probably wants to free up some time so he can open up cities on more worlds, so he can do more of his Heavy Quest clicking. Hypocrisy at its finest.
I just want to point out I do not know the person who has launched this personal attack on me, he sure thinks he knows me though...lol You have made many assumptions, all factually incorrect.

Now for some facts:
The player who casually comes on here and characterizes my opinion as hypocritical.

World A

-He is in a one man guild. . As he is not in a real guild he does not have to aid guild mates.
-Has no production buildings to speak of.
-No barracks
-No goods production buildings

World B
Same as A world C, D, E... need I say more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just want to point out I do not know the person who has launched this personal attack on me, he sure thinks he knows me though...lol You have made many assumptions, all factually incorrect.
My post was not a personal attack on you, I was using your statements to point out the hypocrisy of the person that started this thread with his "auto aid" proposal. I apologize for not making it clearer.

Sharif

I'd vote no on this. Auto aid'ing and getting coins/bp/etc for no action unbalances the game. The coins/bp/plunder/etc are rewards for your actions. If you take no action, you get no reward. Besides, Inno added all those "helpful" motivation kits to help augment your lack of useful "friends"

DeletedUser21322

This now has been moved to forge hall. If you would like it back on the proposal page, please place it in the proper format.

DeletedUser2355

Where is the OP? It seems to be missing or left behind when this was transferred to forge hall. This is a problem as it takes all communications out of context also I have issues with forge hall I do not participate in idle chat on these forums (forge hall).

DeletedUser26965

Where is the OP? It seems to be missing or left behind when this was transferred to forge hall. This is a problem as it takes all communications out of context also I have issues with forge hall I do not participate in idle chat on these forums (forge hall).
I haven't seen this happen before, typically when a proposal gets moved to forge hall, which happens often as I'm sure you're aware, all the convo goes with it, something got broke with this transfer it seems.