• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disgruntled Veteran

This thread is meant to discuss potential improvements while the "idea section" is closed. Feel free to add opinions and suggestions towards improvements.

1. Editor mode - add recycling bin tab, give access to inventory

2. Remove overlays by double tapping the screen, double tap screen again to bring overlays back. (especially on mobile)

3. Guild Expeditions - Having a great building (built in your city) that contributes to your guild will automatically unlock GE levels. 1 GB unlocks level 2, 2GB unlocks level 3, 3GB unlocks level 4, 4GB unlocks level 5 (great buildings must contribute to the guild to unlock GE levels)

Last edited:

Disgruntled Veteran

Well, if that's how you'd like to approach this, then maybe it's your comprehension that's a bit off. I have no confusion about great buildings. To make my suggestion a little clearer for you, I do not mean any great building could be used to unlock GE levels. I was implying GB's such as(but not limited to):

Atomium, The Arc, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Deal Castle, A.I. Core, Observatory, Hydra, Pegasus, and Centaurus are all GB that contribute to your guild. Having these GB could easily be used as automatic unlocks for GE levels. If you do not have any of these great buildings GE would be exactly the same. Donate, then ask for the next level to be unlocked. If you do have one of these GB constructed in your city then the next level would be open automatically. I don't see what's hard about this

Sharmon the Impaler

Well, if that's how you'd like to approach this, then maybe it's your comprehension that's a bit off. I have no confusion about great buildings. To make my suggestion a little clearer for you, I do not mean any great building could be used to unlock GE levels. I was implying GB's such as(but not limited to):

Atomium, The Arc, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Deal Castle, A.I. Core, Observatory, Hydra, Pegasus, and Centaurus are all GB that contribute to your guild. Having these GB could easily be used as automatic unlocks for GE levels. If you do not have any of these great buildings GE would be exactly the same. Donate, then ask for the next level to be unlocked. If you do have one of these GB constructed in your city then the next level would be open automatically. I don't see what's hard about this
It unlocks when a person with GE permissions unlocks the levels , why would you want it different ?

Dominator - X

I don't want to discourage critical thinking nor future suggestions. However, I submit that your proposal is dead on arrival. Not well thought out. It does it solve any problems, add anything productive to the game nor supplement anything.

Further, how does the SBC, DC, Peg and Cent contribute to the guild?

Dominator - X

Being in a guild that barely ever unlocks GE levels. We have all put up with as it's a good community, it's just not managed very well.
You have concocted a plan to have INNO change the way GB's influence GE due to the fact that you inhabit a guild that does not understand how to manage people?

Better solution number 1: Find a better guild or start your own.

Disgruntled Veteran

I don't want to discourage critical thinking nor future suggestions. However, I submit that your proposal is dead on arrival. Not well thought out. It does it solve any problems, add anything productive to the game nor supplement anything.

Further, how does the SBC, DC, Peg and Cent contribute to the guild?
OK, I get it. It's DOA and noone will accept it. Maybe I just can't convey what I'm trying to say. Yes, I should just look for another guild, I get that. But regardless of that situation I still believe the idea adds value. If you have GB's that contribute to the guild treasury or guild pool everyday then those daily donations should go towards unlocking the GE levels. No longer having to make request then wait for the GE levels to be unlocked would be a perk, and one less responsibility for those in charge of the guild. To go a step further inno could make increasing requirements with each era. As you progress through the game the GB's will need to be at higher levels to unlock the GE levels. Implementing this would simply add another reason to have these GB's as well as give better access to completing the GE levels.

And yes, I stand corrected. Cent does not contribute. The others do, if not to the treasury, then to the guild pool.

Emberguard

3. Guild Expeditions - Having a great building (built in your city) that contributes to your guild will automatically unlock GE levels. 1 GB unlocks level 2, 2GB unlocks level 3, 3GB unlocks level 4, 4GB unlocks level 5 (great buildings must contribute to the guild to unlock GE levels)
I agree with ebe, this would make no sense as a Great Building without further explanation

Great Buildings usually have a ability that scales with level. So if you're using the Great Building to unlock Lvl 1, how does that work in relation to Great Building level?
  • Is it a % chance to succeed per collection, that then increases with each level, reaching 100% chance at lvl 180?
  • Is it providing targeted Guild Goods production based on the Ages within your Guild (instead of your own Age)?
    • though this still wouldn't actually unlock the levels either, so maybe not this one

To go a step further inno could make increasing requirements with each era. As you progress through the game the GB's will need to be at higher levels to unlock the GE levels. Implementing this would simply add another reason to have these GB's as well as give better access to completing the GE levels.
That's already the mechanic for unlocking Guild Expedition levels

If you have GB's that contribute to the guild treasury or guild pool everyday then those daily donations should go towards unlocking the GE levels.
Technically that would be a lot of programming for little to no difference in how the buildings contribute currently

Great Buildings contribute based on your own Age. Guild Expedition costs are based on the Ages present in the Guild

So the only difference between now and basing production on what's required is if you have inactive members that aren't even logging in (or don't have a treasury Great Building in the first place). This of course also doesn't address the problem of what would be the default production once you have the levels unlocked / all goods required already stocked?

A different spin on the idea would be to have a building compare all Ages the Guild has members for, and produce goods for whichever Age has the lowest stock in the Treasury. Or even better, have it produce Goods for the 5 lowest stocked Treasury Goods across different Ages you have members for (so it's not restricted to just a single Age per collection). This would then give utility to not just Guild Expedition but also Guild Battlegrounds (and may make it easier to recruit new players into a Guild). It would also solve the problem of what to produce once the Guild Expedition levels have all goods required to unlock (or the levels are unlocked)

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

This thread is meant to discuss potential improvements while the "idea section" is closed. Feel free to add opinions and suggestions towards improvements.

Sorry, this makes no sense. It seems that you are suggesting that 1-player guild where the player has 4 guild goods GBs (OBS/ATOM/AIC/ARC/HYDRA) will get GE L5 automatically opened. What about a guild with many members where only a few have 4? When it comes to unlocking levels of GE, the current mechanic seems to be working very well.

Angry.Blanket

Changing a basic game mechanic to fix a player/guild shortcoming would set a bad precedent. Just no.
Most every player requested change falls in this category, It is always to make it easier for the player " QOL" and remove the need to use a strategy to accomplish some task that is deemed to hard.
Guild management and budgeting etc. are a critical part of the game,

CDmark

ok, SUGGESTION
Make the pop ups for the rewards from buildings like nutcrackers (mass aid fragments), Chocolate factories (Ketebo - nutcracker fragments), etc on/off in your profile. This way, those that do not want to see them, set to off. These pop ups tend to be annoying and a waste of time for me to see. I can see them in inventory.

Disgruntled Veteran

Most every player requested change falls in this category, It is always to make it easier for the player " QOL" and remove the need to use a strategy to accomplish some task that is deemed to hard.
Guild management and budgeting etc. are a critical part of the game,
Apparently it's just me that sees the benefit this could provide.

First can we acknowledge that the following GB's (but not limited to) do in fact contribute to the guild, either to the treasury or guild pool?
"Atomium, The Arc, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Deal Castle, A.I. Core, Observatory, Hydra, Pegasus"

Next this suggestion is not to remove or change anything that already exist. This suggestion is only to add a feature to this set of GB's.

The only strategy in question is the prompt at the end of each GE level requiring donations to the guild treasury, then having to ask for the next level to be unlocked. Not much strategy to this, just requirements that could be met by constructing and leveling up these GB's. However, if you either do not have any of these GB's or they're not at the require level to unlock the next GE level, you'd still get the prompt to donate to the treasury then ask for access to the next level.

This suggestion, if implemented properly would give incentive to construct these GB's sooner, then level them up faster. Which in turn gives more daily donations within each players current level to their respective guilds.

Disgruntled Veteran

What? Recycling bin. What does this mean? Every guild member already has access to it, it is only Founder/Leaders who can use it to open Levels.
OK, to clarify what I meant with this one.

While you're in the editor mode there's the tabs on the right side of the screen separating the different categories of buildings, GB's, roads, etc. After reorganizing the city, players may end up with excess building(s), decorations, or sections of road. Adding another tab that's a recycling bin would make it easier to reorganize the city and make room at the same time.

What I meant by give access to the inventory is simply to allow players to access their personal inventory without having to exit editor mode. This would allow players to use items such as "store buildings" or place new buildings /structures.

PJS299

While you're in the editor mode there's the tabs on the right side of the screen separating the different categories of buildings, GB's, roads, etc. After reorganizing the city, players may end up with excess building(s), decorations, or sections of road. Adding another tab that's a recycling bin would make it easier to reorganize the city and make room at the same time.
This still doesn't really explain your thinking...
What would this "recycling bin" do?

Pericles the Lion

This still doesn't really explain your thinking...
What would this "recycling bin" do?
I think that he's referring to the "Reconstruction" feature. He's suggesting that, if after redesigning the city, there are extra "parts" that are not needed that these extraneous items can be sent to "recycle" instead of having to be put back into the city (as they currently must be) before accepting the changes. On the surface, it's a nice idea (when I redesign my cities I usually end up with a bunch of unneeded roads that I have to find a dumping spot for so that I can later sell them). I suppose that roads sent to "recycle" could be automatically sold when the changes are accepted. Buildings could be returned to inventory. Again, not a bad idea but it seems like a lot of programming for not a lot of benefit.