• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blueprints...

DeletedUser28181

So, I've read some guides that tell me to change guilds often and AID them to get Blueprints at some ridiculously dumb rate of 2% per chance. Fine, I've done that. Slow going. But, I'm still only in Bronze Age.

Other guides say you only get two GBs during the Bronze age, 3 during Iron. Maybe this was true long ago, but it certainly isn't now, as I'm sitting with 9 - 10 different GBs with only 1 or 2 blueprints each. Talk about taking forever and a day!

Is this the way? What is the point of GBs that will never be built until I've spent months in the game, progressing much quicker through the ages than building GBs to help me out during the age I need them?

Is there any easier way (other than spending millions of dollars) to acquire blueprints?

DeletedUser8152

Honestly, if you don't do anything special and just aid your guild/friends regularly, you should expect to get your first GB in EMA or HMA. That is perfectly fine. Its a slow game, that's all there is to it. That is what I did.

If you do the guild hopping thing you'll get BPs faster, but as you note they will be from many ages. The age of the BP you get is the same as the age of the building you aid, so if you aid a high-age player you'll probably get a high age BP.

If you don't like that and aren't patient, then spending money for diamonds isn't crazy. It's not millions of dollars... if you do some aiding to get six BPs it shouldn't take too long, and then $10 gets you the rest. I'd say the best thing to spend diamonds on is expansions, but I'd put BP (especially the last one or two) next.

Algona

You can focus your chance of getting BPs in two ways.

First instead of using the AId button, manually mo/po buildings/decos of the Age of the GB you are hunting BPs.

Second, donate FPs to specific GBs that you want BPs. If you finish high enough in the donations you will get BPs of that GB when that GB levels.

You can also get a fair number of BPs in GE.

Hunting BPs is an exercise in patience.

A strong recommendation... Slow down your advance through tech, instead put some FPs towards BP hunting. You will get to a point where you will want and need certain GBs.

DeletedUser28181

You can focus your chance of getting BPs in two ways.

First instead of using the AId button, manually mo/po buildings/decos of the Age of the GB you are hunting BPs.

Second, donate FPs to specific GBs that you want BPs. If you finish high enough in the donations you will get BPs of that GB when that GB levels.

You can also get a fair number of BPs in GE.

Hunting BPs is an exercise in patience.

A strong recommendation... Slow down your advance through tech, instead put some FPs towards BP hunting. You will get to a point where you will want and need certain GBs.

As far as slowing down, that's what I've done. I'm completely maxed out in Bronze Age just waiting to make the jump to Iron, but wanted to grab a GB or two. I was unaware of the aiding GBs from different ages giving you a BP from that building, no wonder I have so many different BPs for so many different GBs! Manually mo/po should have been the way I started it!

I think I'll make the jump to Iron Age so I can get GEs AND contribute to others GBs. That should help.

Thanks!

DeletedUser8152

Yes, that is a good reason to move to Iron Age.

A reason to wait is if you want to try another trick: at the end of the age, you get a set of repeating quests that give random rewards. One possible reward (maybe 1/6 chance?) is a blueprint. In bronze age, the quests are pretty easy: you can do the "produce 2 helmets" many times per day if you build a lot of blacksmiths. And the BP rewards from those quests are random prints from your age or lower. So bronze age is special because you can only get zeus and babel prints. Running a setup like that is really the only reason to stay in bronze age. Whether it is worth the forfeiting a lot of FP because you have nothing to spend them on, I don't know.

BruteForceAttack

Yes, that is a good reason to move to Iron Age.

A reason to wait is if you want to try another trick: at the end of the age, you get a set of repeating quests that give random rewards. One possible reward (maybe 1/6 chance?) is a blueprint. In bronze age, the quests are pretty easy: you can do the "produce 2 helmets" many times per day if you build a lot of blacksmiths. And the BP rewards from those quests are random prints from your age or lower. So bronze age is special because you can only get zeus and babel prints. Running a setup like that is really the only reason to stay in bronze age. Whether it is worth the forfeiting a lot of FP because you have nothing to spend them on, I don't know.

here is some more info: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...uiring-great-buildings-fast.12484/#post-97837

Edit: this link is better: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...dings-in-less-than-a-month.13426/#post-104409

Algona

D'OH! Completely forgot about recurring quests!

Consider the recurring quests before you age up, jaelis and BruteForceAttack are right. Diamonds, FPs, Medals, Goods, and BPs are possible rewards.

DeletedUser25273

The method of hanging back in Bronze to do the Repeating Quests is only really practical if you are able to get a GB before you max out your tech tree, otherwise you will need to just throw away the FP, and the quests aren't worth that normally. This does tend to mean doing a lot of guild hopping to find a guild with low age players to motivate/polish to get the BPs, and working hard on the repeating quests to earn the BP from them. You can also earn some in GE.

If you do fill you tech tree, and don't have a Great Building of your own, you now need to research Architecture, which opens up the ability to invest in others GB to earn rewards. You are then able to stay in Iron age as long as you want, as you have a place to put your FP, by investing in others GB, and likely will be able to earn your own Great Building.

You actually can hold off going to Iron Age a little bit, by putting the FP into the first 3 techs of Iron Age, but not unlocking them.This will by you a day or so.