• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

AceGoober

Does anyone know when the next Diamond sale including Floriens is going to be?

I've got $20 to spare so might as well support the developers. Still disappointed with the moving the goal posts, per se, of this event. Huge delta between Silver and Gold League. Was in Bronze but thankfully finished Quest # 44 and got back into Silver by a slim margin. What a joke.

Emberguard

Does anyone know when the next Diamond sale including Floriens is going to be?

I've got $20 to spare so might as well support the developers. Still disappointed with the moving the goal posts, per se, of this event. Huge delta between Silver and Gold League. Was in Bronze but thankfully finished Quest # 44 and got back into Silver by a slim margin. What a joke.
The goalposts are specifically based on player expenditure

If the top players within the top 1% players are spending 200k+ florins but the top 5% are only spending no more then 20k florins then you're going to have a decent gap between the two depending on how much the bottom of the 1% are spending

This is especially true if they go "X players participating = Y number of players in 1%" and then put the absolute bottom players expenditure that made it as displaying 1%

Now they might be calculating it differently. But that would be one way of determining 1%. The other way would be look at all the expenditure, graph it then work out a bell curve and use the average of expenditure to determine which league you're in.

UBERhelp1

Idk, but the event should be complete-able without diamonds. I have around 6k florins in the bank just waiting for either a fountain/fountain upgrade or a mask vendor upgrade. Then I just have to wait for the end of the event, spending florins on whatever I want.

DeletedUser36624

I've got $20 to spare so might as well support the deveopers. Still disappointed with the moving the goal posts, per se, of this event. Huge delta between Silver and Gold League. Was in Bronze but thankfully finished Quest # 44 and got back into Silver by a slim margin. What a joke.

There are no moving goal posts. Gold has been the top 1%, silver the top 5%, bronze the top 20%, etc. since the start of the event. The huge delta between silver and gold is because the whales are pumping tons of revenue into Inno, which lets the rest of us play as free as we want to. Go whales!

DeletedUser36624

Idk, but the event should be complete-able without diamonds. I have around 6k florins in the bank just waiting for either a fountain/fountain upgrade or a mask vendor upgrade. Then I just have to wait for the end of the event, spending florins on whatever I want.
You will most likely get the piece you need, but there is around an 8% chance that with 6K florins, you will not get any specials.

-Athena-

I thought I read somewhere that the hoods aren't changing again until the event is over. Is that true? The Bowl event or whatever it was called was set up in the same way as far as hoods go and hoods changed during that. No biggie either way....Just getting really tired of looking at the same ugly muggs - I am teasing :p But I imagine some people aren't very happy about it.
Just was curious as to why no change...

As to the event itself....just not diggin' it. Barely doing it. If I remember to look at my ticket bar I use them. If I have florins I use them. But really nothing I'm longing for. Odds suck. Set pieces weary. And I'm still recuperating from the last event. Need longer breaks in between.

RazorbackPirate

There are no moving goal posts. Gold has been the top 1%, silver the top 5%, bronze the top 20%, etc. since the start of the event. The huge delta between silver and gold is because the whales are pumping tons of revenue into Inno, which lets the rest of us play as free as we want to. Go whales!
Anyone want to hazard a guess what this little setup might have cost?

Piazza Glorioso.jpg

You will most likely get the piece you need, but there is around an 8% chance that with 6K florins, you will not get any specials.
In other words, you have a 92% chance of getting the piece you need with 6k Florins, although the average per piece is 2,500 Florins. That 6k of Florins ought to get you 2 pieces if you're close to average, 3 if you're lucky, 1 if you're really unlucky, and zero only if you end up being that extreme outlier that shows up more on the spreadsheet than in reality.

In other words, yes, there is a statistical possibility that you can toss a coin 50 times in a row and have it land on heads every single time. Actually making it do so in reality will take at least a week or more, if not a lifetime.

Don't let the use of a double negative discourage you. They're intentionally designed to do so.
I thought I read somewhere that the hoods aren't changing again until the event is over. Is that true?
Maybe the original announcement? As such I suspect it's true.
As to the event itself....just not diggin' it. Barely doing it. If I remember to look at my ticket bar I use them. If I have florins I use them. But really nothing I'm longing for. Odds suck. Set pieces weary. And I'm still recuperating from the last event. Need longer breaks in between.
Oh poor you. All that work not leaving you enough time to click Auto-Battle? Understandable though. Unlike most others, this event takes a high degree of planning, skill, patience, diligence, and self-restraint, in order to not just succeed, but excel. That's a whole lot different than frantically clicking buttons as fast as you can.

DeletedUser36624

In other words, you have a 92% chance of getting the piece you need with 6k Florins, although the average per piece is 2,500 Florins. That 6k of Florins ought to get you 2 pieces if you're close to average, 3 if you're lucky, 1 if you're really unlucky, and zero only if you end up being that extreme outlier that shows up more on the spreadsheet than in reality.

In other words, yes, there is a statistical possibility that you can toss a coin 50 times in a row and have it land on heads every single time. Actually making it do so in reality will take at least a week or more, if not a lifetime.

Are you hankering for another trip to the burn ward? 8% is not extreme outlier territory. It's not any where near remotely the same as getting a coin to land on heads 50 times in a row.

- KQ -

I thought I read somewhere that the hoods aren't changing again until the event is over. Is that true? The Bowl event or whatever it was called was set up in the same way as far as hoods go and hoods changed during that. No biggie either way....Just getting really tired of looking at the same ugly muggs - I am teasing :p But I imagine some people aren't very happy about it.
Just was curious as to why no change...

No, the neighborhoods aren't changing until after the event. I also agree about a break between events, but people spend diamonds on the events and that's how INNO makes their money.

DeletedUser

I thought I read somewhere that the hoods aren't changing again until the event is over. Is that true?
Yes, this is true. During most events that have a neighborhood component they forgo the biweekly shuffle. Why they didn't in that one, I don't know.
As to the event itself....just not diggin' it. Barely doing it. If I remember to look at my ticket bar I use them. If I have florins I use them. But really nothing I'm longing for. Odds suck. Set pieces weary.
I completely agree with you.

Emberguard

I don't think it was the Forge Bowl. It might have been the Summer Event. The one with the wheel. They usually freeze the hoods during that one, I think, and the last time they didn't.
Difference between wheel and carnival is there's no pot. Can't remember if the summer event rotated neighbours or not, but proportionally there'd have been far less to lose given the wheel could be reset at any time by any neighbour. You can't manually reset pots in Carnival

DeletedUser

Difference between wheel and carnival is there's no pot. Can't remember if the summer event rotated neighbours or not, but proportionally there'd have been far less to lose given the wheel could be reset at any time by any neighbour. You can't manually reset pots in Carnival
The last Summer Event, the wheel didn't have a pot, but in previous years there was a counter that added up the spins of the wheel. Each time the number of spins by all neighbors hit a certain number, everyone in the hood got medals. So the previous Summer Events had frozen hoods, but the last one didn't.

Emberguard

Ok, that would have been awesome. Mind you then you'd want to be in a hood with a diamond spender. But it'd have been awesome

DeletedUser38138

The soldiers are light units, and the legionnaires heavies, and heavies get bonuses against light units, which is why you're having so much difficulty with them. The stone throwers are artillery units and they get bonuses against heavies. Pay attention to the matchups and what is getting bonuses against what.

If you were still in BA all the units would also be BA, and it would be pretty easy to deal with.

Thanks all for your responses. I have failed at every attempt. I am waiting til I finish IA to complete the quest.