• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival Event 2019 Progress

DeletedUser36624

Well, just tried for the clock tower, and got squat. I even had 3 fighter's chests to choose. Now at about 6500 florins spent opening chests and no specials.

Super Catanian

Well, just tried for the clock tower, and got squat. I even had 3 fighter's chests to choose. Now at about 6500 florins spent opening chests and no specials.
Tough luck. Earlier today, the pot was about 300 for the boat race. I had 16 tickets, because I had just done a Quest. I got it, and then got 100 more from the cup and ball game.

DeletedUser36624

I got very lucky in the Winter Event and got 15 Sleigh Builders. I would rather have those than a full level 2 Piazza set so I am definitely counting my blessings where I got them, but it's still very annoying to work so hard to steal all those florins from my hoodies and get nothing for it.

DeletedUser31540

This event would be great if it just had a mainstay of all other events — a daily special

Another crap prize every 6 hours is not doing it for me lol ... not going for the set pieces - only thing ive seen remotely worthwhile is watchfire upgrade so far ...

Werent there supposed to be runestone upgrades this event?

DeletedUser29726

This event would be great if it just had a mainstay of all other events — a daily special

Another crap prize every 6 hours is not doing it for me lol ... not going for the set pieces - only thing ive seen remotely worthwhile is watchfire upgrade so far ...

Werent there supposed to be runestone upgrades this event?

That seems unlikely. They're probably going to keep settlement rewards to settlements. SoKs/hideouts/champ retreats/hall of fames are your likely options if you're not going for the set.

Super Catanian

That seems unlikely. They're probably going to keep settlement rewards to settlements. SoKs/hideouts/champ retreats/hall of fames are your likely options if you're not going for the set.
Wishing wells and their shrink kits were also daily specials. Are rogue hideouts going to be a DS?

DeletedUser29726

Wishing wells and their shrink kits were also daily specials. Are rogue hideouts going to be a DS?

Maybe probably. Sometimes some of the event regulars do skip an event - wiki doesn't seem to have a prize list from beta so I guess you'll have to wait and see if that's what you really want.

DeletedUser29208

Okay, I can simply and unequivocally say this - of all the events I've played in the two years since I started playing FoE, this event truly blows. I just spent an entire cache of Florins on the chests and didn't get the level 1 clock tower that I need for the set. To date, I only have the centerpiece (at level 2) and the fountain and two upgrade kits for base buildings I don't yet have. I AM, however, in silver league (and will, almost assuredly, finish there) so, assuming I finish all the event quests, I would get the three selection kits I'd need to get my three missing buildings and be able to upgrade two of the four to level two, meaning that two of the four would be stuck at level one. The rewards in the chests are mostly crap buildings that I will never build in my city as I tend to be battle-based, rather than production based. Cultural buildings and decorations are a waste of space IMO and I don't use many of the potions. At one point, I opened up a 400 Florin chest and got a Store Building (I already have 40 of them in storage). I realize that everything in the game is 'luck of the draw', but did the percentages for the special building rewards really have to be so skewed against the players and did the game producers really have to lace the chests with incredibly worthless junk? It's really making me rethink my investment of time and money I've spent on this game.

DeletedUser31540

I remembet reading somewhere that runestone upgrades or fragments were gonna be in the event

I was actually disappointed on hearing the news cause i wanted settlement rewards to only be obtainable from settlements ... the more i thought about it the more i realized that inno would make a lotttt of money offering them as a special so i became okay with it .... now they arent here and im dissapointed again lol

DeletedUser31540

Okay, I can simply and unequivocally say this - of all the events I've played in the two years since I started playing FoE, this event truly blows. I just spent an entire cache of Florins on the chests and didn't get the level 1 clock tower that I need for the set. To date, I only have the centerpiece (at level 2) and the fountain and two upgrade kits for base buildings I don't yet have. I AM, however, in silver league (and will, almost assuredly, finish there) so, assuming I finish all the event quests, I would get the three selection kits I'd need to get my three missing buildings and be able to upgrade two of the four to level two, meaning that two of the four would be stuck at level one. The rewards in the chests are mostly crap buildings that I will never build in my city as I tend to be battle-based, rather than production based. Cultural buildings and decorations are a waste of space IMO and I don't use many of the potions. At one point, I opened up a 400 Florin chest and got a Store Building (I already have 40 of them in storage). I realize that everything in the game is 'luck of the draw', but did the percentages for the special building rewards really have to be so skewed against the players and did the game producers really have to lace the chests with incredibly worthless junk? It's really making me rethink my investment of time and money I've spent on this game.

Ya bro bad investment of your time and money — all of us would be better off not playing this game

We play to blow steam, time, and for some of us money as well .... what was the point of your post again ???

Dissatisfaction is rampant and not particularly interesting

Super Catanian

Sure. To summarize my game progress, have played a bazillion games, had a ton of florins, wasted the florins on useless prizes and now I have no florins and limited useful rewards. I LOVE this game!
Aaaaaaaaand there are still several days left. Don't lose hope just yet!

DeletedUser31540

Sure. To summarize my game progress, have played a bazillion games, had a ton of florins, wasted the florins on useless prizes and now I have no florins and limited useful rewards. I LOVE this game!

I am getting pleasure from your misery ! Does that make me evil ?

But seriously — i dont have sympthathy for those suffering from buyers remorse — the non-premium prizes are always garbage ... it seems to me that you wanted the upgraded set - ponied up the money to get it done and now regret your decision

I honestly felt the same way the 1st and only time i decided to give inno money — going for a 2nd ship this summer ... that dang 2nd ship ended up costing me 70$ lol!!! I was pissed for sure - but i was angry at myself not inno. Angry that i allowed myself to be taken advantage of

Not angry at the company whose job it is to make money off of those who allow themselves to be exploited

Last edited by a moderator: