• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival Event 2019 Progress

DeletedUser13838

Once I got my level 2 set I wasn't able to get a sing;e piece despite many tries. I thought I'd be able to get a level 1 set but no shot now.

DeletedUser31397

Are they really going to make the last 10 special prizes of the event all set specific prizes? Well looks like I might have to go for the 7% one up kit chests lol...

RazorbackPirate

Here are my Final results in 2 worlds.

Florins spent - 43,750
Special Prizes from chests - 16
Florins per prize - 2,734
League - Silver, by a lot. (hopefully enough to stay, but you never know)

I put this down this morning after collection. A complete level 1 set, and a complete level 2 set, replacing 2 Terrace Farms now back in inventory.

upload_2019-3-12_14-52-31.png

In addition to the two sets above, I also got a Masquerade Ball and a Gondola Dock Market, having missed out on both last year. They'll stay in inventory for now, hoping they'll maybe get a stats upgrade next year, similar to the upgrade Mad Scientist's Lab got for this year's Halloween event. If not, they'll likely appear in later stages of the game when overall production per square isn't quite so critical and I can build some stuff just 'cause it looks nice.

The RNG started out in my favor, then about halfway thorough, it started hating on me big time, leaving my average Florins per prize several hundred Florins over the expected average. If I finish in Silver, I'll have 2 selection kits which will most likely also sit in inventory for now, but I may use one to upgrade the second Mask Vendor, I've yet to decide.

With the tickets left to generate, I might squeak out another chest, but on W, this event is essentially over.

Florins spent - 37,110
Special Prizes from chests - 17
Florins per prize - 2,182
League - Silver, by 10,000 Florins (hopefully, enough to keep me there)
Selection Kits - 3

I put this down this morning after collection. A complete level 1 set, and a complete level 2 set, replacing 2 Terrace Farms now back in inventory.

upload_2019-3-12_15-56-23.png

Being careful about the pieces collected, if I finish in Silver, the 3 selection kits will allow me to complete another Level 1 Piazza.

upload_2019-3-12_13-47-24.png

The RNG ran close to average for most of the event, then broke in my favor late in the event. I'm hoping I can stay in Silver League, I'd love to be able to pull off that 3rd complete set.

I've got 15 tickets, just waiting for enough Florins to play the games. I'm hoping to get enough Florins to pop the Historian's chest one more time, but it's up to the RNG gods now. So, for all intents and purposes, this event is done for me on R world as well.

Across both worlds:

Total Florins spent - 80,860
Total Special Prizes from chests - 33
Average Florins per prize - 2,450 (2,500 expected)

Right now, Silver League in both worlds, but you never know. Diamonds keep, but Florins don't. At some point all the Florins still floating out there will have to get spent. W, I should be fine, R realistically, I'm on the edge only 10,000 Florins above Bronze.

Between both cities, I did spend about 4,000 free diamonds that I earned from GE over the last couple months. I used them as needed to buy extra tickets to grab the pots that had molti fiorini.

Carnival takes a different approach to succeed compared to other events, but I'm glad to see my patient approach paid off. Although I wouldn't be upset if Inno changes the mechanics for next year's Carnival event, I also won't be upset if the mechanics stay exactly the same. Either way, I do love the Carnival theme and the Venetian themed buildings. In whatever form, I hope we see the Carnival Event again next year.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26532

My Final Results:

Total Florins spent - 28540
Set Buildings Acquired - 6
Upgrades Acquired - 5
Total Event Prizes: 11
Average Florins per prize - 2595

Diamonds spent for extra tickets - ~300 (all from GE)

Three spare selection kits at the end of the event.

A well balanced event that ensured that all free players had a reasonable shot at acquiring the buildings with average-ish luck.

Super Catanian

Just finished the event. Will be in the Bronze League, ending me with two selection kits in both of my cities.
In my main city, I will have a full Level 2 Set, except for the Clock Tower, which will be at Level 1.
In my second city, the same thing, except the Fountain will also be at Level 1 as well.

DeletedUser36020

Here are my Final results in 2 worlds.

Florins spent - 43,750
Special Prizes from chests - 16
Florins per prize - 2,734
League - Silver, by a lot. (hopefully enough to stay, but you never know)

View attachment 12045

In addition to the two sets above, I also got a Masquerade Ball and a Gondola Dock Market, having missed out on both last year. They'll stay in inventory for now, hoping they'll maybe get a stats upgrade next year, similar to the upgrade Mad Scientist's Lab got for this year's Halloween event. If not, they'll likely appear in later stages of the game when overall production per square isn't quite so critical and I can build some stuff just 'cause it looks nice.

The RNG started out in my favor, then about halfway thorough, it started hating on me big time, leaving my average Florins per prize several hundred Florins over the expected average. If I finish in Silver, I'll have 2 selection kits which will most likely also sit in inventory for now, but I may use one to upgrade the second Mask Vendor, I've yet to decide.

With the tickets left to generate, I might squeak out another chest, but on W, this event is essentially over.

Florins spent - 37,110
Special Prizes from chests - 17
Florins per prize - 2,182
League - Silver, by 10,000 Florins (hopefully, enough to keep me there)
Selection Kits - 3

View attachment 12047

Being careful about the pieces collected, if I finish in Silver, the 3 selection kits will allow me to complete another Level 1 Piazza.

View attachment 12043

The RNG ran close to average for most of the event, then broke in my favor late in the event. I'm hoping I can stay in Silver League, I'd love to be able to pull off that 3rd complete set.

I've got 15 tickets, just waiting for enough Florins to play the games. I'm hoping to get enough Florins to pop the Historian's chest one more time, but it's up to the RNG gods now. So, for all intents and purposes, this event is done for me on R world as well.

Across both worlds:

Total Florins spent - 80,860
Total Special Prizes from chests - 33
Average Florins per prize - 2,450 (2,500 expected)

Right now, Silver League in both worlds, but you never know. Diamonds keep, but Florins don't. At some point all the Florins still floating out there will have to get spent. W, I should be fine, R realistically, I'm on the edge only 10,000 Florins above Bronze.

Between both cities, I did spend about 4,000 free diamonds that I earned from GE over the last couple months. I used them as needed to buy extra tickets to grab the pots that had molti fiorini.

Carnival takes a different approach to succeed compared to other events, but I'm glad to see my patient approach paid off. Although I wouldn't be upset if Inno changes the mechanics for next year's Carnival event, I also won't be upset if the mechanics stay exactly the same. Either way, I do love the Carnival theme and the Venetian themed buildings. In whatever form, I hope we see the Carnival Event again next year.
You sir inspired me in the other thread to chase a second level 1 set. It paid off. I have a full level 2, a full level one and 2 selection kits. Will upgrade mask and homes most likely on the second one. Thanks for the inspiration. I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Total florins spent: Just under 24k. In bronze.
Total prizes won: 15.
Its too late for math but my average seems much lower per prize. Guess i was lucky :)

Algona

Barely got through this Event with the Set. Finally fell out of Silver, 26K Flproins spent. I always opened the most efficient chest. My average cost per Prize was over 5K Florins.

Last prize the Mask Vendor, already had one. Getting rid of my last thousand Florins and of course first chest Mask Vendor, second chest, Mask Vendor.

Sigh. Whatever.

Edit: But wait, the joke gets better!

SERIOUSLY?

I go to my main where I'm not even trying for the set, I'm just durdling away the Event. Before tonite I had 1 Mask, 1 Fountain. Got 2500 Florins left, so open whatever Chests for random prizes.

So of course the first chest I open is a Mask Vendor. So I pop over here to Edit this post.

Why are you doing this to me?

Sure, this is a great joke, but I think you're taking it too far.

Or maybe not far enough?

Spend the last 2K Florins on ten or so chests and open four more Mask Vendors.

Terrific. One Fountain and 6 flipping Mask Vendors.

Whoever my benefactor at INNO is, thank you for a wonderful practical joke to finish the Event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36624

Ended up with 36K florins. Had about 5K florins at the end waiting for something I might want to go for, so had to blow it all at the end, and of course, got four mask vendors. With a +1 boost, they all make 2 goods each nestled up up against the side of my main Piazza set. 1x1 space, need no road, no motivation, can't be plundered, and they age up automatically. What a deal!

Emberguard

Once I got my level 2 set I wasn't able to get a sing;e piece despite many tries. I thought I'd be able to get a level 1 set but no shot now.
Is that supposed to be written in reverse? Just confused as to how you'd have no chance for a lvl 1 set if you already have a full lvl 2 set?

Terrific. One Fountain and 6 flipping Mask Vendors.
Well.... That means you can produce 12 current age refined goods in a 4x12 no-roads needed piece ;D

Godly Luke

Results: 55/55 Questline
4 Fountains (didn't try for)
1 Mask Vendor (5th quest)
Didn't really want the set, not that type of player.

DeletedUser13838

Is that supposed to be written in reverse? Just confused as to how you'd have no chance for a lvl 1 set if you already have a full lvl 2 set?
Once i had the level 2 set I placed it in my city. I tried to get another level 1 set but fell 1 piece short. hopefully they'll be in the DC rotation.

DeletedUser33179

Once i had the level 2 set I placed it in my city. I tried to get another level 1 set but fell 1 piece short. hopefully they'll be in the DC rotation.

If the piece your missing isn't the 1x1 masked vendor, you can still get the full bonuses for the other 4pieces if you arrange them alongside the full set - sharing that piece as part of both sets. Can sometimes be a bit awkward to fill around it & have road connections for neccesary buildings, but is doable.

DeletedUser13838

If the piece your missing isn't the 1x1 masked vendor, you can still get the full bonuses for the other 4pieces if you arrange them alongside the full set - sharing that piece as part of both sets. Can sometimes be a bit awkward to fill around it & have road connections for neccesary buildings, but is doable.
Thanks. I do have an extra mask but I have 2 selection kits I was counting as pieces. What I was hoping is that if they show up in DC id have a better chance to get the last piece of the set. I'll play around with the design though and see what I can do.

DeletedUser38090

Here are my results:
unknown.png

Won 3 SoK's, 2 renaissance villas, and enough piazza set pieces to produce 13 FP a day. So I've increased my FP production up to additional 16 FP a day with collections.

Super Catanian

Ended up in the Gold League!! And I have the Mask Statue to prove it.
JK that's from the last Carnival Event, since I had been the top hoodie once. And, yes, I may have used a Reno Kit for this joke...

Attachments

• 2019-03-15 (2).png
    2019-03-15 (2).png
    973.1 KB · Views: 10