• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Castle System Additional Levels Feedback thread

WinnerGR

Honestly this update doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't think I ever will get to these new levels and the castle system is more of just an 'in the background' feature for me so I am never aiming to level up - it just happens. However for those who do manage the feat this is for them not for me.

Dimondus

Without buying diamonds, it's possible to collect about 800 castle points daily (a bit more with success in the Antiques Dealer). Unless INNO adds additional routes to castle points a level 20 Castle is about a 17-year trek. The Brood-X cicadas will return before F2P players max out the Castle. :)
Nice one! :D

Ebeondi Asi

I would mention in real life others have homes next to golf courses, expensive BMWs and Porsches. Because you drive a Ford and have to rent, you are out complaining how you will never be able to afford a new Porsche or that house next to the golf course? Maybe start petitions to block anyone from having those because you can't afford them?

Anyway that is the exact same problem with whining about the higher level of Castle. The real complaint is. because you can't get the Castle level 20, no one should be allowed to. (or make it easier so I can get there without spending money) The Castle is the first item to really offer players who pay an advantage. And the whining from the free to play folks is rather odd.
I have no problem with the players who play for free. Good for you! but when Inno offers something for payers, i expect the same respect back. not the endless whine. (which really is the same whine of those complaining about how 'unfair' GbG is. ("someones else is getting something and I feel left out" whine whine whine LOL
And I expect it to take me years to get to 20 too. I'm not exactly a moneybags, but I am happy for those who can get there the same day Castle level 20 opens.

Last edited:

Agaselle

It is like the road to victory , soon are additional pieces needed to add to the castle to get those fighting bonusses ,
will they look like small tents around the neighboring lawns.............//gaselle

The changes to the Castle system sound Great at first Blush but the Reality is that Inno has given us nothing in the Near-Term. They have added all these wonderful Rewards that you won't be able to take Advantage of until 2023 if you're Lucky.

Inno could have just added these Rewards to the existing Levels which would have been a Major improvement. As an Example, the Expansions could have been 1 Expansion for each 5 Levels but NO, they stick them out there on the Back End of a System that already was going to take a very long time to complete.

When I was a Child, I got a Bicycle for my 7th Birthday that I wasn't allowed to Ride until my 8th Birthday. I could look at it every day can you imagine how Happy that made me? NOT

Ironrooster

The new rewards have immediate benefit for those who spend lots of diamonds. Eventually, the rest of us will get them, though, as you say, it will take years.

RazorbackPirate

The reason 5 more levels were added is that many diamond buyers have already maxed out their Castle and Inno needed to give them an incentive to keep spending. The rest of us will see those levels in about 17 years.

UBERhelp1

Think of it this way. Sure, it will take a long time to get there. But at least there's something there. How about waiting until your 8th birthday and having no bike?

Joeyjojojo

So additional castle levels, when there's a good chance I'll never even see level 15? I don't generally mind if Inno wants to release "features" that are really only for big money spenders so long as they aren't game breaking (someone has to foot the bill for the rest of us). I mean, sure, the rewards are good, I guess, but it's either a lot of $$ or a lot of time and the large majority of players won't see them.

Related: I think there should be other ways to get CP (personally I think 1 CP per aid, with some daily limit...320 or less) but even if that happens I don't think I'll ever see my castle to lv20.

The new rewards have immediate benefit for those who spend lots of diamonds. Eventually, the rest of us will get them, though, as you say, it will take years.
AGREED

Think of it this way. Sure, it will take a long time to get there. But at least there's something there. How about waiting until your 8th birthday and having no bike?
It was STOLEN before my next B-Day

I would mention in real life others have homes next to golf courses, expensive BMWs and Porsches. Because you drive a Ford and have to rent, you are out complaining how you will never be able to afford a new Porsche or that house next to the golf course? Maybe start petitions to block anyone from having those because you can't afford them?

Anyway that is the exact same problem with whining about the higher level of Castle. The real complaint is. because you can't get the Castle level 20, no one should be allowed to. (or make it easier so I can get there without spending money) The Castle is the first item to really offer players who pay an advantage. And the whining from the free to play folks is rather odd.
I have no problem with the players who play for free. Good for you! but when Inno offers something for payers, i expect the same respect back. not the endless whine. (which really is the same whine of those complaining about how 'unfair' GbG is. ("someones else is getting something and I feel left out" whine whine whine LOL
And I expect it to take me years to get to 20 too. I'm not exactly a moneybags, but I am happy for those who can get there the same day Castle level 20 opens.
I have purchased Diamonds here and there. Pointing out how absurd it is to add 5 Levels to a feature that already would take over a year under normal play is not whining. If as you suggest the system was set up for Diamond Buyers, it should have been stated as such. BTW: Your analogy is off the Mark. The Castle System was given to everyone so I didn't have to Buy it. It would have been better to compare accessories I could not afford.

Inno presented the changes as if they were a Benefit to All and based on what you have said, they really were not. Putting something out as an improvement that is not reachable by the average player within a reasonable period of time is a FARCE.

Feb 21st? I should be at level 8 in about a week. So, I should reach level 17 by Feb 22nd... 2024ish?

That said, keep adding levels. And: It should be hard.
I'm working on 8 also

Tranir

I think that the thing that really bugs me about this update is that barring any additional ways to gain Castle points it is the first truly pay-walled feature in the game that I can think of.

There have been things to do (like place in top event league) that may have been tough to do for free, but weren't impossible if a player had saved up a bunch of free diamonds. This one can't be bought with diamonds or anything else except cold hard cash. 2 to 4 years for the original Castle levels was doable, 12 to 17 years (depending upon which numbers you agree with) is way longer than this game has been out, and I really doubt it'll survive 12 to 17 more.

No matter how much someone has complained that the game requires buying diamonds to play it we've always been able to say that everything in the game can be done by players without spending any money. We will now no longer be able to say that, and I think it sets a terrible precedent.

It also makes me wonder what will be pay-walled next...

Agreed. Although I am by no means a big player I have never spent a dime and with several sabbaticals over the years have managed just fine without purchasing Diamonds.

NocturnoCulto

How about they give us an expansion earlier on! Why does it have to be after so many levels! I did the math and for those who don't buy diamonds it will take over 10 years to get to level 20! And I mean call me crazy but if that's not a push to spend money as all things are! I mean I am still just stupified how with all the "priorities going towards events now!" They up and destroy the soccer event by removing the chances of win lose and the rock paper scissors aspect! I'm not the only one who keeps noticing the trend in how they aren't focusing priorities on events, as the only priority about things that aren't a way to squeeze money out of players of course they bail on! That's why Space Ages have become the same skeleton with new skins! And all attention is on how to get the most money! But thank you so much! As if this were fair then the expansions would be idk, but how about making them evenly spaced out? I appreciate it! Thank you! Have a nice Greed!