• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Championship in gbg has to go

Frostblade

A scenario that would be balanced in a free-for-all scenario becomes unbalanced the moment the strongest Guilds decide to work together, because that creates a far stronger defense
Yeah, even if guilds are more or less equal in strength they can always team up against each other to push over whom ever they want.
So even if there is multi-world champions (which only makes recruiting members from other guilds impossible), it would still not work since they could team up across worlds as well and push over competition.

One has to be genius to find a solution to these problems.

Nerfing is the cure... from the standpoint of INNO.
Not sure what you mean but if you spent money to get some golden league building in an event then inno can't really nerf it because you paid for it.
they would need to refund you for the amount of stats that was cut off from building.

Ebeondi Asi

Not sure what you mean but if you spent money to get some golden league building in an event then inno can't really nerf it because you paid for it.
they would need to refund you for the amount of stats that was cut off from building.
Inno cut a boost from the Castle early on (but after many had paid for it) no response. claimed the boost was an 'error' and tough if players did not like it. so no way would your claim the would 'pay back' ever actually happen.

jaymoney23456

Not in every case , we are paired with 2 of the strongest guilds in Q and we decided that farming was not for us and it was time to make GBG a battlegrounds like it was meant to be. The other two are still trying to farm but with great difficulty lol.
battling in GbG is a joke-you either team up with another guild and have an easy win or you get teamed up on and have no chance to overcome that -this is what occurs 99% of the time if guilds actually fight in GbG-I have only ever seen one match where there was any real competetion in a GbG war since battlegrounds started -so to say the battlegrounds are meant to be a battle is total nonsense since the mechanic of it makes that pretty much impossible

jaymoney23456

Indeed. Too bad there's no cross-world option. 'Cause if a pool is too small to refine it into a (fun) challenge, then the only way to increase the pool of opponents is to draw from other pools of opponents.

If you believe you have a chance at winning, then it's fun to fight a stronger opponent. It's not fun if the gap is too big

Of course a big part of the problem is Guilds are going to team up and you really can't prevent that without introducing mechanics that would probably be less enjoyable to play with

A scenario that would be balanced in a free-for-all scenario becomes unbalanced the moment the strongest Guilds decide to work together, because that creates a far stronger defense
Fighting in FOE in general and in GBG in particular does not lend itself to fighting a guild stronger than yourself-the way to do well in GbG is to have lots of players who can devote significant time to clicking over and over again and usually the stronger guild has more of them than the weaker guild-FOE isn't like actual fighting games where you can use different strategies to actually get ahead -whoever plays the longest or spends the most has higher attack and then they can do more in GbG than those that don't
some also game the system and use scripts though that is more of an issue in GvG than GbG

Frostblade

whoever plays the longest or spends the most has higher attack and then they can do more in GbG than those that don't
And dichotomy is that players who can't afford enough time on game can always spend money to catch up with F2P folks.
At least that's the philosophy of game companies when asked about it,
truth however is that P2W players will do much more than what's minimally needed to catch up.

Lafawnduh

The best way to do the match ups is to give each guild room for 80 members and then let them build their guild up so it is strong enough. That is how those of us that just play for fun built the top guilds.
How's this for matchups? The guild with 10 tiles has 8 members - they're stacked in the space eras and my little guild of 20+has some heavy hitters and still can't get off the porch. the 3rd to last guild is 3/4 full and is having the same issue. FIX the matches. We yo-yo back and forth between diamond and platinum literally almost every season because we get the SAME GUILDS when we pop back up to diamond. Without fail, it's like before when matches were broken. No different. g greed.jpg

Pericles the Lion

How's this for matchups? The guild with 10 tiles has 8 members - they're stacked in the space eras and my little guild of 20+has some heavy hitters and still can't get off the porch. the 3rd to last guild is 3/4 full and is having the same issue. FIX the matches. We yo-yo back and forth between diamond and platinum literally almost every season because we get the SAME GUILDS when we pop back up to diamond. Without fail, it's like before when matches were broken. No different. View attachment 21139
Actually, this looks like a pretty good matchup. But, as always, there are guilds that choose not to participate. Since all guilds can now build on their HQ sector there is no excuse for not being able to "get off the porch". Especially if they have sone "heavy hitters". Maybe, just maybe, if guilds actually tried to do better INNO would be more attentive to concerns about unfair matchups.

Ebeondi Asi

Actually, this looks like a pretty good matchup. But, as always, there are guilds that choose not to participate. Since all guilds can now build on their HQ sector there is no excuse for not being able to "get off the porch". Especially if they have sone "heavy hitters". Maybe, just maybe, if guilds actually tried to do better INNO would be more attentive to concerns about unfair matchups.
The excuse is the building costs too much. When players do not want to make any effort... they always have an excuse handy why they actually can't. They would... if only it was easy to do etc...

Lafawnduh

When you have a full guild who can fill a tile in about 2 min? Tell the story somewhere else. Attitudes like yours are one of the reasons I"m spending less and less time in this game.

I guess I’m in the minority, but I really enjoy the new GBG. Before, the same people would just farm fights and unless you were setting timers, it was tough to get any in. Now, even being in the guild that won the first championship on our server, there are still fights to be had relatively frequently because attrition matters. It also makes me feel like all the attack stats I’ve worked for actually might matter.

JJ597

What is considered a "fair" matchup in GBG? In one of the worlds I play in, a Diamond league GBG, the GBG leading guild, has over 70 members, 50% more guild members than my guild and also has 88% of its members with over 100 million points, 8 are over 1 billion, where my guild has 40% over 100 million points and only 1 member over 1 billion.

captain987

What is considered a "fair" matchup in GBG? In one of the worlds I play in, a Diamond league GBG, the GBG leading guild, has over 70 members, 50% more guild members than my guild and also has 88% of its members with over 100 million points, 8 are over 1 billion, where my guild has 40% over 100 million points and only 1 member over 1 billion.
Not arguing with you, but points don't really matter. In my guild (won first championship), our two highest contributors are in ME and PE, with barely 200M combined points.

Lafawnduh

You're spending "less and less": time in the game. This explains a lot.
On for opening - peeps also on for opening. Small guilds do not have the speed the behemoths have - or their *ahem* exterior tools.

here's a thought - a check box for a guild leader - "competitive" or "social" and split the matches that way.

Pericles the Lion

On for opening - peeps also on for opening. Small guilds do not have the speed the behemoths have - or their *ahem* exterior tools.

here's a thought - a check box for a guild leader - "competitive" or "social" and split the matches that way.
There's no doubt that a guild with only 20 players on for GBG opening is at a disadvantage when facing a guild with 50. If you want to be competitive at the diamond level your guild needs to become larger or you should join a more competitive guild. Barring this, accept that cycling between diamond and platinum is a good strategy given the relative strength of your guild.

JJ597

Not arguing with you, but points don't really matter. In my guild (won first championship), our two highest contributors are in ME and PE, with barely 200M combined points.
If points don't matter, then what do I use for comparison, in addition to number of guild members?

Pericles the Lion

If points don't matter, then what do I use for comparison, in addition to number of guild members?
The most important factor is the number of fighters on the field when sectors open but, afaik, there is no way to determine this (except for your own guild).

It's absolutely ridiculous when people come to the forums and complain that there stuck in there HQ when they have 5-20 members and claiming the enemy uses "bots". First get a 50-80 member guild then you'll realize that 90% of "bots" are in fact a lot a fast humans. I'm not saying bots don't exist I'm saying not everything is a bot.

planetofthehumans2

It's absolutely ridiculous when people come to the forums and complain that there stuck in there HQ when they have 5-20 members and claiming the enemy uses "bots". First get a 50-80 member guild then you'll realize that 90% of "bots" are in fact a lot a fast humans. I'm not saying bots don't exist I'm saying not everything is a bot.
It is a problem these guilds are getting matched together. Needs more requirements for diamond.

jaymoney23456

Its harder to tell how many bots if any a guild is using in GbG compared to GvG where its fairly easy to see and bots overall have less impact on GbG. However, many players have seen pretty good proof that bots can impact GbG also such as when a mid size guild somehow takes a sector in 15 seconds or so that needs over 200 hits to take after they had already spent a decent amt of attrition for the day. There is also one guild that always manages to be fastest at GbG start even though there are a few other strong guilds on the world that should be able to beat them at least some of the time. Either they have a lot of players who have nothing else ever to do at GbG start or they have some bots helping them out. If this wasn't the case then they would not win at start every single time against the other power guilds on the server.