• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Championship in gbg has to go

Disgruntled Veteran

If it takes your guild a minute to take the first sector then you are slow. Do the math. It takes 200 encounters to flip the first sector on the Waterfall map (220 on the Volcano map). Any hitter worthy of the name can auto-battle one fight every 2 seconds. A top guild in Diamond league will have 50 players on for the opening round. 200 battles, 50 hitters, 4 battles per hitter. The first sector will fall in under 10 seconds. In the first minute a top guild will be nearing the center of the map.

I’d like to see his guilds participation stats, I’m betting there’s a great amount of players not contributing to GE or GBG. I see it in my guild from time to time. Puts more strain on the rest that are competitive.

Sharmon the Impaler

Keep making up nosnensical stories about how fast your guild supposedly is. That will work well for you lol
There are many people watching the numbers and it is done publicly , join a guild that fights and you will get much better that 45 seconds to close. Some guilds actually try to win and don't just come on here and whine that it's too hard,

jaymoney23456

There are many people watching the numbers and it is done publicly , join a guild that fights and you will get much better that 45 seconds to close. Some guilds actually try to win and don't just come on here and whine that it's too hard,
I am already in a guild that fights and that is how I know your claim is nonsensical

jaymoney23456

If it takes your guild a minute to take the first sector then you are slow. Do the math. It takes 200 encounters to flip the first sector on the Waterfall map (220 on the Volcano map). Any hitter worthy of the name can auto-battle one fight every 2 seconds. A top guild in Diamond league will have 50 players on for the opening round. 200 battles, 50 hitters, 4 battles per hitter. The first sector will fall in under 10 seconds. In the first minute a top guild will be nearing the center of the map.

Before you claim that I am making this up here's my Level 2 Tower of Champions. I also have 3000 frags of the Royal ToC in inventory with another 3K coming this season.

View attachment 21143
I have the lv 2 tower of champions as does my entire guild. You can sit here and huff and puff about what you claim is slow and you just prove you are full of hot air. Also, the amount of lag at gbg start is rediculous. So, no one is getting many fast fights at GbG start and they haven't for quite a while. But hey, maybe if you repeat your claim often enough you can get the gullible to agree with you. Also, anyone can find a picture of a tower of champions to attach to a post. That proves nothing about whether or not you actually have one. For example, if I didn't have one in my city I could visit another player's city and then take a screenshot of that and post it.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

There is a difference between not liking what is being done to GbG and not being good at it. You can come here all high and mighty and claim anyone who doesn't like the new GbG is just whining but many simply don't like the changes. Btw, my guild won 5 matches last GbG and 2nd overall in the rankings. I guess we got that by accident since we must not have been trying at all.

Big-Bendz

So the crazy top guilds take all of the sectors and have 1st. If nobody fights them, then they lose out on many more battles to get more stuff. Personally, I don't get it. Seems like they would want to let others fight back to some degree and then go ahead and take back some of those places. And if they're that powerful, it's not like they would get pointed out by others, so seems kinda weird to me. I've played those fights and I just don't put in ANY effort to fight back and save my fighters for more even contests. Anyway just my 2 cents regarding the super powered guilds taking over the whole map.....seems they're giving up a whole lot of fights keeping the whole map.

planetofthehumans2

What really needs to happen is this new GbG needs to be thrown in the trash heap and go back to the old GbG. In the old GbG I would not feel sorry for small guilds since they could easily find another guild to merge with if recruitment was too hard and then they could particpate in endless fights with good rewards. Now big guild or small GbG increasingly is a chore that is far less enjoyable than the old GbG. Costs are an issue for most guilds big or small at some point and using vp for anything other than determining the winner of a map is stupid and even on the maps its too easy to manipulate the results by just endlessly spending diamonds to get more vp than another guild (who wins should not be determined on who has the most cash to throw at the game). That is not even a game anymore really.
The same problem remains that these small guilds who do great up until platinum get moved up to diamond where they just sit the entire time, waiting to get bumped down. How hard would it be to just let guilds accept to move up or not. What major problem would guilds staying in bronze league be, the rewards are much less so they'd probably move up to plat. Diamond should be the best of the best, and the championship should be tourney style so all guilds get matched together.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am already in a guild that fights and that is how I know your claim is nonsensical
The math is multiplication pure and simple. If you have 20 fighters all hitting the same target at 1 fight per second , which is not crazy fast then 20 X 10 seconds = 200 fights in ten seconds or a 320 fight sector in 15 seconds , it's confirmed by the math whether you believe it or not.

Pericles the Lion

I have the lv 2 tower of champions as does my entire guild. You can sit here and huff and puff about what you claim is slow and you just prove you are full of hot air. Also, the amount of lag at gbg start is rediculous. So, no one is getting many fast fights at GbG start and they haven't for quite a while. But hey, maybe if you repeat your claim often enough you can get the gullible to agree with you. Also, anyone can find a picture of a tower of champions to attach to a post. That proves nothing about whether or not you actually have one. For example, if I didn't have one in my city I could visit another player's city and then take a screenshot of that and post it.
You are correct, I could have visited another player's city and captured a picture of their Tower. The thought never occurred to me. The thing is I don't value your opinion enough to risk getting caught in a lie by another player who plays on the same worlds that I do. Not that I would lie anyway.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

In reading your posts it's clear that you are quite fond of the word "nonsensical". Just because you cannot find sense in something doesn't mean that others are baffled. I'm not fluent in Mandarin Chinese, for me the language is "nonsensical". However, about a billion people would disagree.

CDmark

Question
How can I get the actual score. I am in a battle for 1st, we went 1M then a few hours later they went 1M. Any way to see the actual numbers.

Disgruntled Veteran

The math is multiplication pure and simple. If you have 20 fighters all hitting the same target at 1 fight per second , which is not crazy fast then 20 X 10 seconds = 200 fights in ten seconds or a 320 fight sector in 15 seconds , it's confirmed by the math whether you believe it or not.

He doesn’t comprehend facts, only presents his feelings/opinions as evidence even though he’s the common denominator/odd man out within this topic.

I again state he should post a screenshot of his guilds player participation for GBG. I’m betting all the info we need to see what’s really going on is right there. Coming here and indirectly complaining that other guilds trying harder is unfair :D

Lafawnduh

Or they have about 50 to 55 of their members available for the opening round (which is what my guild does every season).
Must have missed on the screen shot - one of those pinning us is only 8 ppl and opening day they actually had a respectable number of tiles to match with the 70+ person guilds - however those 8 ridiculously strong. Power Creep anyone?

Pericles the Lion

Must have missed on the screen shot - one of those pinning us is only 8 ppl and opening day they actually had a respectable number of tiles to match with the 70+ person guilds - however those 8 ridiculously strong. Power Creep anyone?
What is your point? Your 20 player guild has what you describe as "heavy hitters" but is getting HQd by a guild with only 8 members. This is your guild' problem to fix, not INNO's.

Dursland

Are they 8 PE players or something? Because GBG performance in SAT is actually worse.

If they're in SAT they'll have big stats but limited attrition.

If they're in PE they'll be able to hit higher attrition numbers but will have limited cities.

Either way you can beat them. Like Pericles said that's a you problem, not an inno problem.

85gt

Funny, in our world we have 7-8 weak guilds in the top 10. Its messed up when all the weak guilds get easy seasons

Angelique LaRose

Those top guilds that overpower all others several times over will soon run out of fun because there won't be any real challenge any more.

Yes, from what I hear, the very first reason GbG championship was introduced is to provide challenge to those strongest players who complained about lack of challenge.
The challenge gained by championship is only temporary to get the tower, soon enough when they get the tower they'll seek more challenge to continue to have fun, but due to down spiraling and perhaps irreversible effect of championship I'm not sure what challenge will inno offer them.

It's fun to fight equals or stronger ones but it's certainly not fun to fight much weaker than you.
I agree,

wakener

Seems to me that the guild you refer to has a winning formula. They raised their standards and are holding members accountable. Members that won't, or can't, meet the standards are being replaced by new members. Apparently, their strategy is not discouraging top players from applying for membership. I suppose that it sucks for the members that didn't make the cut but it kinda sounds like RL, eh?
I know that's why I come to an escapist fantasy game: For something that's just like real life and absolutely not for fun!

wakener

I am not a fan of the new GBG myself. However, it is what it is and if a person wants to continue playing and competing, they have to play within the bounds INNO places. So, the point is, we can complain about it and hope INNO comforts us or we can do something to better our self and thrive despite our objections or dissatisfaction.
I respectfully disagree, as you are leaving out another option: We can leave. What happens then? Inno scratches their collective head and asks why people are leaving. Well . . . here's this forum, and somebody comes on to say that (and here is the bottom line) the game is less fun for them for this reason. They are registering what they think about what they see as a game-breaker that makes the experience less enjoyable, only to essentially be told by some people what a crybaby they are, and that they need to git gud. Certainly that's their critics prerogative, but ultimately, what does it serve to shame someone for giving feedback? Were I Inno, I'd want to know how many people feel this way and where this is happening before, say, people potentially start leaving over it.