• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change Log 1.29 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please leave your comments and suggestions here about Version 1.29.

~DA

DeletedUser10076

I am not completely sold that turning in a bp set THEN paying fps to lvl the gbs was the way to go.

I think locking buying bps after you build a gbs then turning in a set for a lvl voucher would have been the better.

But looking at the gvg map I see two maybe three more ages in the foggy area. So I guess that means we're all going to be lvling up our gbs when we reach the end of the tech tree?

DeletedUser11633

Having to give up contributing to Great Buildings

I may not be like other players. I like having Great Buildings and supporting other players Great Buildings. I am in HMA and you will now be forcing me to go into a higher age, which I am not interested in doing at this time. Most, if not all, of my Forge Points go into these Great Buildings of other players. Because I will not have the "architecture" to support other players Great Buildings, my forge points will be lost unless I go further in Age.

A player should be allowed to play the game, as it was produced. With the change to my ability to contribute to other players Great Buildings, what is the use of me having a friends list? What is the use of me having lower level guild members if they are not the proper age to support my Great Buildings? I do not use Forge Points on MY OWN Great Buildings. If I did, I feel it would not be worth having this game as a multi player game.

You are taking away my ability to play the game the way I want, as long as it is within the rules.

Pockets

DeletedUser8152

Pokkets, all they are saying is that you can't contribute to GBs until you are in Iron Age. If you are in HMA, it won't matter in any way.

I'm sure the real reason for this is to limit the effect of dummy accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

architecture is one of the first techs in the Iron Age.

It doesn't take long to reach Iron Age. I think its about right to discourage alt account use, and long enough for noobs to decide if they want to play or not.

DeletedUser

I am not completely sold that turning in a bp set THEN paying fps to lvl the gbs was the way to go.

I think locking buying bps after you build a gbs then turning in a set for a lvl voucher would have been the better

I prefer this way often its the last blueprint that takes forever, spending the fps acts as a bit of a leveler for runs of bad luck.

It will be possible that Great Buildings can produce more than 10 Forge Points which would be impossible to collect. Therefore more than 10 Forge Points can be collected now if the player has 10 or less Forge Points available.

What happens to the "extra" forge points? are they lost?

otherwise looks good.

DeletedUser4074

What happens to the "extra" forge points? are they lost?

Your forge point bar can go over 10, but if it is you can't gain forge points in any way (collecting/time/buying) until you spend enough to bring it under 10.

DeletedUser11633

Thank you Jaelis and Walrusking001. I suppose I over-reacted without thinking. I did not take into account that "architecture" was something necessary to learn in our Research Tree. I appreciate your candid responses and gives me added confidence that FoE will still be a fun game to play :)

DeletedUser

Pokkets, all they are saying is that you can't contribute to GBs until you are in Iron Age. If you are in HMA, it won't matter in any way.

I'm sure the real reason for this is to limit the effect of dummy accounts.

Thank you for explaining properly. I TOTALLY miss read what they meant. +1 for you.

DeletedUser

• It will be possible that Great Buildings can produce more than 10 Forge Points which would be impossible to collect. Therefore more than 10 Forge Points can be collected now if the player has 10 or less Forge Points available.
  • Also when using Forge Points from inventory, no loss of Forge Points will occur anymore. If the player already has more than 10 Forge Points collected he can not collect more.

Thank you very much for this update feature. :)

On several occasions I have lost FP when I forgot to use some FP before collecting on Wishing Well/Hagia Sophia and had 9 FP on Bar.

DeletedUser9845

So, who specifically gets the level-up vouchers for the offensive GB's? Is it everyone who currently has them in their city, as the wording suggests, or is it only the people who had them built prior to the change from 5% to 3%?

DeletedUser10969

Also, can they be used for any level at any time? For example, could I wait till my Zeus is level 9, then use the voucher to pop it up to level 10 immediately? Or must it be used for the current level.

Also, will it become possible to do the standard 2:1 trades for duplicate blueprints within a duplicate set for a particular building? As it is, I have a number of them almost complete, and I'm sure there are tons of dupes I could trade in there to complete them.

DeletedUser2382

I think locking buying bps after you build a gbs then turning in a set for a lvl voucher would have been the better.

But looking at the gvg map I see two maybe three more ages in the foggy area. So I guess that means we're all going to be lvling up our gbs when we reach the end of the tech tree?

heh, I was really hoping too, woulda been great to see diamond players lose hair as I destroy them because I have many multiple sets of everything. But thats probably wishful thinking on our part, and it comes as no surprise that a premium option to obtain bps will exist. Obviously there's a biz to run here and someones gotta front the bill.

DeletedUser

^ That I completely support.

DeletedUser10947

I am looking forward to this update, although I wish I would have known it was coming a little sooner. If I had, I wouldn't have started donating to Great Buildings before I have the "architecture" technology. Oh well, I'm almost there, so I will probably have it by the time the update comes, anyway.
I don't really like this update. Reason is instead of the progression of 3% per level in Zeus/Aachen/CDM, you only get 1% per level.
You can see all the level 11 of current GBs here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?9119-Great-Buildings-Encyclopedia

[imaginary-strikethrough-that-this-bulletin-board-doesn't-have]go here if you actually want to stay on the same forum (the other one is the European server(s))[/imaginary-strikethrough-that-this-bulletin-board-doesn't-have]
[UR L]http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4238-Great-Buildings-Encyclopedia[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't really like this update. Reason is instead of the progression of 3% per level in Zeus/Aachen/CDM, you only get 1% per level.
You can see all the level 11 of current GBs here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?9119-Great-Buildings-Encyclopedia

Wowwwwww

Blew my friggin mind, that is a rediculous small amount of benefits for needing an entire new set of BP's and more FP on top of it.

My GB's will stay level 10, this is just an epic waste.

ITown

Actually, it's worse. The attack GBs gain 1% once every TWO levels, at least on beta.

qaccy

Wowwwwww

Blew my friggin mind, that is a rediculous small amount of benefits for needing an entire new set of BP's and more FP on top of it.

My GB's will stay level 10, this is just an epic waste.

How is it a waste? What else are you going to do with those extra BPs? Stare at them in your inventory? Something's better than nothing.