• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change the attrition reset time of GbG to 10:00 instead of 12:00

Good Idea?

• Total voters
Idea:
Change the attrition reset time of GbG to 10:00 instead of 12:00

Reason:
Being a US server most people are in bed by 12. And just like GvG there is a reason it does not reset at 12 either.

Details:
Simply change the attrition Reset time to 10:00pm instead of 12:00

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
Balanced for US server

Abuse Prevention:
Non

Summary: This would be much better balanced for most people in US vs other guilds out side of US or West side of US will take more advantage of. As it currently is, it is unbalanced time wise.

Nicholas002

+1
most US players probably in EST,

I agree, US server times should make the most sense for US residents, and should not give an advantage to non-US residents.

Agent327

Reset time for every language server is 24.00. Not likely that will change, just cause the US server asks for it.

UBERhelp1

TL; DR, -1.

47% of US citizens live in the EST/EDT time zone. Also, plenty of people play on the US servers from other countries worldwide. As Agent said, the reset is at 24:00 EST/EDT.

Also, what do you do about the stupid DST? Move the reset? Not even all states observe DST.

All in all, there's no reason to change it. It is fine how it is. And who cares if it is unbalanced? If a guild spends all their attrition early in the day, you have the rest of the day to take back those sectors and gain more VP since they can't fight back until reset!

Ericness

I voted no. Even though I'm usually in bed for reset, I feel like the current time just makes the most sense. Besides, it's not like some people won't be happy with any other time either and the current method is arguably less arbitrary than any other.

Agent327

How do you know all the other servers aren't asking INNO to switch the time as well? maybe EN could stay the same, 'cause they have a range of time zones, but how hard would it be implement this change on the one-country servers?

It's an educated guess. Language is one part of it, timezones the other.

EN actually is an international server, so that one is the only one that can have the same problem.

+1 though I wonder if it would be closer to the daily event time instead. I’m in EN world with CST time zone. Any time change would be interesting.

Agent327

On second thought, this would be DNS.

It will be a (significant) change to the battle system and also sort of a removal of a feature, even if it is replaced with another one.

I'll leave it open for discussion, but am moving it.

Nicholas002

On second thought, this would be DNS.

It will be a (significant) change to the battle system and also sort of a removal of a feature, even if it is replaced with another one.

I'll leave it open for discussion, but am moving it.
IMHO, this is nit-picking.
I really don't think this is what INNO means when they say "change to the battle system" and it certainly is not the removal of a feature.

This would be a very simple quality of life change (similar to allowing you to choose when your DCs start), which would likely be convenient for a lot of players.
That being said, I really don't care, since I am online at 24:00 anyway... I just don't think the majority of players are.

Triopoly Champion

The way it is now, everyone has to deal with the same reset time. I don't see a problem with it staying as it is.
Move yourself to the Pacific Time zone maybe the best idea. I always play FoE during the midnight because the servers are way faster, so my units don't get stuck.

Nicholas002

Move yourself to the Pacific Time zone maybe the best idea. I always play FoE during the midnight because the servers are way faster, so my units don't get stuck.
Ah thank you! Why didn’t I think of that before?

I will move this very day!
*packing up my stuff *