• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.128 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave it in this thread! :)

Sincerely,
The Forge of Empires Team

Announcement located HERE!

DeletedUser26965

Thought they were going to make some change to the contributor list to make it more obvious those are not actual contributors as some seem to have confused them for actual contributors, I mean I think it's fine but I can see how some may become confused at a glance anyway.

Regardless thank you for the improvements and bug fixes, was happy to see this one;
  • In some instances, the tooltips for the terrain in battles would no longer be displayed. They should always be there again now.

Agent327

Thought they were going to make some change to the contributor list to make it more obvious those are not actual contributors as some seem to have confused them for actual contributors, I mean I think it's fine but I can see how some may become confused at a glance anyway.

How can you contribute and not be a contributor?

DeletedUser

And what does it say?
It shows the rewards for all 5 spots, even if there are no contributors. For the spots without contributors, it has a generic avatar and the phrase "no contributor yet". Apparently, on beta there were some players confused by this, which is what @sloppyjoeslayer was referring to. Next time, you do all the work to figure something out and I'll be the lazy one. :D

RazorbackPirate

What is with the annoying mouse click noise every time I touch almost anything. Every button, every object, a stupid click, click, click. It also appears the only way to get rid of it is to turn off sound completely. Seriously? At least give us a turn off the annoying click button or setting.

I mostly play on the browser and this change is annoying as .... Please, please, please, remove this or make it a separate setting so we can turn it off.

I just tried the mobile app for Android and it's the same thing. An audible click everywhere no way to get rid of it except turn off sound completely. Two giant thumbs down for this change.

And since we're on the topic of the mobile app, what happened to the Collect Tavern Siver notification? It appears to have been removed. We all know when GE starts and stops, it's the same day and time every week. You keep the notification for that, but one that was actually useful, given the Daily Challenge and all, you take away? Please add it back.

Both of these. They weren't broke, so why did you "fix"?

Last edited:

DeletedUser35502

Sounds great, and short keys are good thing!
I remember seeing that hometown edit mode to help players re-plan their towns was going to beta.
Is it still in beta or it is delayed till later times?

Salsuero

Why is the shortcut key for the Continental Map... M... while the Message Center is... C... ??? Why would you not use M for Messages and C for Continents? Yours is a super weird choice when it makes so much more intuitive and logical sense the way I've suggested.

You could also have made the Event History... E... and the Guild Expedition... X... since we don't have a shortcut key to one of the most frequently-visited windows in the game.

DeletedUser33568

I'm currently using Win7 on an older Lenovo laptop and Chrome. Normally, I like to use my browser set at 75% zoom. However, with this change, any text under 100% zoom is completely blurry and not legible. This goes for global/guild chat, messaging, any window that is open, anywhere there is any text in a screen at all. Annoying. Please fix so that it is legible at various zooms.

DeletedUser33568

I'm currently using Win7 on an older Lenovo laptop and Chrome. Lag for GvG was so bad with HTML5 that I have switched back to Flash - HTML5 is completely useless for GvG as it is now.

DeletedUser31592

Why is the shortcut key for the Continental Map... M... while the Message Center is... C... ??? Why would you not use M for Messages and C for Continents? Yours is a super weird choice when it makes so much more intuitive and logical sense the way I've suggested.

You could also have made the Event History... E... and the Guild Expedition... X... since we don't have a shortcut key to one of the most frequently-visited windows in the game.

M and C make more sense as it is to me. The map is the map. And a lot of the people refer to the guild message as Guild Chat, so C works for chat.

Salsuero

M and C make more sense as it is to me. The map is the map. And a lot of the people refer to the guild message as Guild Chat, so C works for chat.

But it's not Guild Chat. And it's not the only map. So they aren't universally useful. Messaging is accurate. The Continental Map is accurate. I'd like to see this more accurately represented.

DeletedUser31592

But it's not Guild Chat. And it's not the only map. So they aren't universally useful. Messaging is accurate. The Continental Map is accurate. I'd like to see this more accurately represented.

Quiz random players and ask them what the C is for in C-Map and most of them will not know.
Ask them what they call the main guild message thread and they will tell you guild chat.

Whether or not it is proper, it is more commonly recognized as simply "The Map" and "Guild Chat".

DeletedUser

Quiz random players and ask them what the C is for in C-Map and most of them will not know.
Ask them what they call the main guild message thread and they will tell you guild chat.

Whether or not it is proper, it is more commonly recognized as simply "The Map" and "Guild Chat".
The 'C' stands for either 'Campaign', as it is referred to in the FoE Wiki, or 'Continent' (not 'Continental') as it is labeled on the browser tab and on the C-Map screen itself. I have seen people refer to the Message Center as 'chat' or 'guild chat', but neither is accurate. And the main guild message thread is only part of the Message Center, and a part that those without a guild don't even have. I will always go for a more accurate label than surrendering to the dumbing down of labelling for those too lazy to learn anything.

DeletedUser31592

I don't think it is dumbing anything down.

You have two things that both include the letters C and M. M makes the best sense for both of them, but only one can have it. They chose to use it for Map. I happen to think that is the smart choice.
I'm simply pointing out that for most people, C isn't going to seem incredibly strange for messages because many of them already think of it as Guild Chat.

Y'all should just be happy they didn't throw random letters in there- like control-v for paste. P was taken. Cut was assigned X. So someone randomly decided "hey! Let's assign V to paste since it is in-between X and C on the keyboard (cut and copy)" So the random control-V was born.

At least the C CAN make sense for the messages- due to the proper name "Message Center" and for the 'slang' term of Guild Chat.

Salsuero

it is more commonly recognized as simply "The Map" and "Guild Chat".

Says who, exactly? I've never heard of it as "Guild Chat".

I don't think it is dumbing anything down.

Ok, but it is WHOLLY inaccurate. The "Message Center" is NOT "Guild Chat". That's in the upper right box in the browser window. Always has been since I started playing the game. And getting people to say that by reinforcing it with a shortcut key isn't any more accurate. I would prefer we label things what they are, not what people inaccurately call them... and then people might actually call them what they are... or not. Who cares?! I stated my opinion, which is that they are mis-keyed according to what they are actually called. Hover over them in the browser if you wanna know what they're called. It's not a secret.

many of them already think of it as Guild Chat.

So? Stop teaching people something that's incorrect. That's the issue if people call it that. I've NEVER called it that.

Y'all should just be happy they didn't throw random letters in there- like control-v for paste. P was taken. Cut was assigned X. So someone randomly decided "hey! Let's assign V to paste since it is in-between X and C on the keyboard (cut and copy)" So the random control-V was born.

Uhm... again... so? That's not the case here. The two letters available are actually totally available. And they don't have to be misrepresented. Your point is totally invalid.

At least the C CAN make sense for the messages- due to the proper name "Message Center" and for the 'slang' term of Guild Chat.

I find it hilarious that you're arguing against accuracy and logic in favor of slang that I've never even encountered until now. Seriously... I've always called them messages and the continental map... never just... "the map" (there is more than one map in the game -- the GvG map, which is actually called -- the "Guild Continent Map"). Hell... the "M" isn't even capitalized in the "Continental map" tooltip!

Last edited: