1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.153

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Jun 6, 2019.

1. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

This most resent settlement of mine has been a total clown show. My goods production was highly skewed to two goods, with less than 40 horns and 20 wool needed to unlock things other than expansions. I was on vacation to boot. I should have waited until I was home before starting. With the changes to complete my settlement in midstream, I'm just going to be happy to be done.

Algona likes this.
  2. sscooby2u

sscooby2u Staff

As you said, I could care less about the settlements at this point and Inno has just reinforced my behavior. Maybe I misworded it though in saying that "I" was being penalized....Inno just penalized themselves though in changing the "exploit" - all the players using the settlement "not as Inno intended" were spending more time in game because of it....Inno is a business and I'm sure one of their objectives is to keep eyes on the game and players engaged, they've just effectively done the opposite for me (likely others). No skin off my nose, I'd say counterproductive to Inno's business model though.

3. sscooby2u

sscooby2u Staff

Yes, because it's a completely different environment from the live servers you need to sign up strictly for the Beta server - instead of trying to log in just hit sign up (or whatever the language is). Doesn't cost anything and if you're interested in new additions to the game you'll get the chance to preview them...neat feature.

4. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Why do so many people feel that they know better than a very successful business how that business should be running things?

Algona, KungQu and Stephen Longshanks like this.
  5. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

Because Inno asked for Feedback. I'm sure some of the businesses that went bankrupt were successful at some point of time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    dedley the great and Emberguard like this.
  6. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Saying that Inno's business model stinks isn't feedback. Look back through the forum - after almost every change, people have come out of the woodwork and claimed that the game is doomed, that Inno is going to bankrupt themselves, etc.

7. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

I don't know how you figure that. To do the 5 quests for the 25 FP took less than 2 minutes initially and less than 30 seconds eight hours later. Build 3 Shacks. Build 10 Runes. After one minute build one Axe Smith and set to 8 hour production. Eight hours later, collect Axe Smith, develop Shrines, delete Axe Smith, build 2 Shrines. Collect 5 FP quest and 20 FP quest. Delete settlement. Wait 24 hours and rinse and repeat. And if you pay 50 Diamonds, you could do it all in less than 2 minutes. (50 Diamonds for 25 FP is 1/25th the normal price.)

8. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

And yet Inno is not complaining about the feedback and asks for more...anyways move along

9. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

You are basing your entire premise that every other player is like you. They're not. I know of more players that will finally buckle under and do the full settlements especially after the fantastic buff the Yggdrasil just got. Best part for Inno, those players will play settlements the way Inno intended, eventually getting a fully upgraded Yggdrasil and moving on to Feudal Japan, then Egypt for the fantastic buildings those are sure to offer.

Love all you prognosticators who come here forecasting doom and gloom on Inno because you don't like their decision. Yet they not only continue to thrive, but grow.

You decided you were going to use the exploit, I chose to play through. You took the shortsighted approach taking a job building shacks and shrines to earn your forge points. I took a long term approach preferring to build a Mead Hall franchise that would give me resources beyond just FPs even after I stopped building new Mead Halls. Inno just eliminated your job and boosted my return on investment. Doh!

Both of us have been playing settlements since they appeared. Seems you're the one who just penalized themselves, not Inno. Now it's Inno's fault you won't get the rewards others have earned, and because it's Inno's fault, certainly not yours, you'll come here all butt hurt to proclaim your mistake and dig into your position.

Meanwhile, with 2 more runs left to go, the Vikings now give me 12+ FPs a day and 20+ goods daily, plus a 24% attack bonus, without doing a thing. Even more when I'm done and don't ever have to touch the Vikings ever again, free to start building whatever franchise the Japanese have to offer. How's that 'not doing the Vikings, waste of time' thing working out for you?

We both got from the Vikings exactly what we set out to get from them. I'm not the one with complaints.

10. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's irritating, but it's probably to avoid the trash cities people were cranking out just to complete things. But then that's partially a result of the time limits on things too, many people just wanted to finish things off rather than care if it looked good, what difference did that make when the whole thing gets deleted at the touch of a button a few moments later? I personally didn't care if the Viking town was a slum while I met the requirements myself.

And I agree with Inno's decision to move back the 20 FP reward. Kind of sucks if you were exploiting it, but the key word there is "exploit" I'm pretty sure Inno didn't really intend it to be a quick and easy way of making FP.

Emberguard, Graviton and 22prentwil like this.
  11. Frdk the Great

Frdk the Great New Member

A law suit is perhaps a bit of a reach but I agree that players who spent resources and/or cash for Virgo should be refunded.

12. 22prentwil

22prentwil Active Member

Why would Inno do this? It was CLEARLY stated in the message center when Space Age Mars was released that Virgo would not be usable in PvP. Like, VERY clearly. On its own line, it was not even fine print. It is those players own fault for not fully reading the message. Give me a break. Inno is not refunding anyone and shouldn’t either.

13. Konrad the mediocre

Konrad the mediocre Well-Known Member

Name one industry where that doesn't happen.

14. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Active Member

Crematoriums?

Emberguard and 22prentwil like this.
  15. Frdk the Great

Frdk the Great New Member

The in-game description mentioned no impending change when we built Virgo. Players should not need to search outside the game for answers.

16. 22prentwil

22prentwil Active Member

It did. In the message center. You just didn’t read it.

Algona and Stephen Longshanks like this.
  17. glurge

glurge Member

Well, on the Viking settlements, I still failed on 2 worlds where the changes caught me at an untimely moment where I would have otherwise completed in the first time allotment. With the added frag bonuses in the changes I still come out way ahead, except for losing face among the ridicule of my Viking hosts and the incessant blubbering laughter of the ice seals.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  18. glurge

glurge Member

... haunting my dreams...

19. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

I think those that didn't spent resources and/or cash for Virgo should be rewarded for paying attention.

20. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

xD haha. Wouldn’t saving FPs / goods be reward in itself for those that would only use it for PvP?