• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.162 feedback

DeletedUser25252

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!
If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook! :)
Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Lannister the Rich

Swiping to abort two quests in quick succession resulted in only one new one showing up until you closed and reopened the quest overview on the app. Now, it will correctly show two quests.
yaaaaaaaaaasssssssss

Henuses

Should GBG be available to those in IA on Beta via mobile?

Since things like wording on quests and such are not a 'bug' and thus I assume don't get reported on that forum section, where should it be put to make sure it gets noticed.

Thank you for taking care of the little things, all updated and the announcements of such!

Henuses

UBERhelp1

Should GBG be available to those in IA on Beta via mobile?

Since things like wording on quests and such are not a 'bug' and thus I assume don't get reported on that forum section, where should it be put to make sure it gets noticed.

Thank you for taking care of the little things, all updated and the announcements of such!

Henuses
GBG questions would be better suited to the Beta forum.

DeletedUser18799

I see no place where this might fit in
Today I was charged sales tax when I bought a diamond package. No warning at all and I am curious how they can get away with this

RazorbackPirate

I see no place where this might fit in
Today I was charged sales tax when I bought a diamond package. No warning at all and I am curious how they can get away with this
In most states in the US, all online purchases are subject to sales tax. If you're in one of those states, Inno is obligated to charge you sales tax in order to comply with your state's laws. Depending on the last time you purchased a diamond package, your state may have enacted a law that now make your online purchases subject to sales tax.

I'm sure you can check your state's website to see what your state's sales and use taxes are and if, by law, online purchases are now subject to them. If they are and you still have issues with it, direct your ire to your state officials. Also, other companies choosing to violate the law does not relieve Inno from their compliance obligation.

Out of curiosity, which state do you live in?

Last edited:

DeletedUser18799

In most states in the US, all online purchases are subject to sales tax. If you're in one of those states, Inno is obligated to charge you sales tax in order to comply with your state's laws. Depending on the last time you purchased a diamond package, your state may have enacted a law that now make your online purchases subject to sales tax.

I'm sure you can check your state's website to see what your state's sales and use taxes are and if, by law, online purchases are now subject to them. If they are and you still have issues with it, direct your ire to your state officials. Also, other companies choosing to violate the law does not relieve Inno from their compliance obligation.

Out of curiosity, which state do you live in?
I live in Arizona. This just appears to me to be another attempt by inno to make more profit. They just reduced the amount of diamonds in the most popular packages, which should have been enough to include the tax in the price of the packages. Lol, I have never been charged tax for purchases on any game site, ever. Also I was charged 7.2% and the tax here is 5.6%

Graviton

I live in Arizona. This just appears to me to be another attempt by inno to make more profit. They just reduced the amount of diamonds in the most popular packages, which should have been enough to include the tax in the price of the packages. Lol, I have never been charged tax for purchases on any game site, ever. Also I was charged 7.9% and the tax here is 5.6%

It appears that AZ only began collecting sales tax on internet purchases this week.

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/...y-state-tax-outofstate-sellers-by-end-of-2019

Blame this on greedy legislators, not Inno.

RazorbackPirate

I live in Arizona. This just appears to me to be another attempt by inno to make more profit. They just reduced the amount of diamonds in the most popular packages, which should have been enough to include the tax in the price of the packages. Lol, I have never been charged tax for purchases on any game site, ever. Also I was charged 7.2% and the tax here is 5.6%
Charging sales tax and not paying it out is illegal. I doubt Inno has any desire to break the law to make additional profit. I also see no reason why Inno should eat the cost of Arizona's taxes. To do so would be foolish.

From the Arizona State website:
5.6% is the smallest possible tax rate (Phoenix, Arizona)
5.85%, 6.1%, 6.3%, 6.35%, 6.6%, 6.712%, 6.9%, 7.2%, 7.6%, 7.8%, 7.85%, 8.05%, 8.1%, 8.3%, 8.35%, 8.412%, 8.5%, 8.55%, 8.6%, 8.7%, 8.8%, 8.85%, 8.9%, 8.951%, 9.1%, 9.18%, 9.181%, 9.2%, 9.212%, 9.3%, 9.35%, 9.6%, 9.8%, 9.85%, 9.9%, 10%, 10.1%, 10.2%, 10.35%, 10.4%, 10.6%, 10.712%, 10.9% are all the other possible sales tax rates of Arizona cities.
11.2% is the highest possible tax rate (Superior, Arizona)

The average combined rate of every zip code in Arizona is 7.696%

Looks like you live in an area that adds their own sales tax on top of the state sales tax. As I said, you need to direct your ire to your state and local officials. Inno is merely complying with the law. You can't fault them for that.
It appears that AZ only began collecting sales tax on internet purchases this week.
This makes sense. All states and the federal government started their new fiscal year on Oct. 1st. It's quite common for tax changes to go into effect on that date.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41393

A tax on intellectual property (not real but perceived) is just down right silly. The "fault" lies with the lack of understanding that players are already paying an inordinate amount for diamond packages, that dissipate quickly and in the end have very little to show for the money that was spent. Of course the government is going to demand their cut. It is in any businesses interest to mitigate the cost by assuming some of the tax burden (rather than shift blame to the government and walk away). Perhaps offer more diamonds per sale or take on half of the tax liability. These ARE the factors in InnoGames direct control. This is common practice for most businesses today. For me, yeah, blame the government if that is the script. I for one, will be sure deduct that tax (full amount) from my FoE "budget". Even steven!

Graviton

A tax on intellectual property (not real but perceived) is just down right silly.

It's a tax on the transaction, not on IP.

The "fault" lies with the lack of understanding that players are already paying an inordinate amount for diamond packages, that dissipate quickly and in the end have very little to show for the money that was spent. Of course the government is going to demand their cut. It is in any businesses interest to mitigate the cost by assuming some of the tax burden (rather than shift blame to the government and walk away).

Not in the real world. I see no reason for the business to simply absorb increased (and arbitrary) taxes they are forced to pay to the state. If the company is supposed to shrug and pay more I don't know why you think it's silly for consumers to do the same thing.

For me, yeah, blame the government if that is the script.

Well that's who has taxing authority, so that's where the blame lies.

DeletedUser41393

It's not the price of the tax but instead the cost of the product. IF a tax is levied on the transaction, it is a cost to play the "Free" game. NOW it concerns InnoGames. As you should have read the last line to my previous post, InnoGames will now pay the full price of the Taxation. So even though I will get less (of something that is not real), InnoGames itself, will see a decrease in revenue by the full liability of the Tax (no one has a limitless FoE budget). I however, will remain untouched. So I'm guessing none of us like the tax that governments levy. It's how we all do, what we can, to keep a product "Appealing" and profitable from that partnership as players and programmers (entertainers).

DeletedUser41393

I'm not paying the government, I'm paying InnoGames and then Innogames pays the government, making them in this case, the legal tax payer. We just merely get the bill. This bill is 100% being shifted to the player (AKA: complete shifting)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37581

I'm not paying the government, I'm paying InnoGames and then Innogames pays the government, making them in this case, the legal tax payer. We just merely get the bill. This bill is 100% being shifted to the player (AKA: complete shifting). InnoGames is taking no responsibility for their share of paying the tax on their profit of its consumers. Again, all of this on something that is not tangible. InnoGames sets the price of the tax that is shifted, diamonds, quantity of diamonds per dollar. Of course there are many ways to ease or make this tax more equitable in the long run for players & business owners alike. Especially when the consideration is intellectual in nature. Inno knows this, their just looking at "Impact Data", and will make compensatory adjustments as needed. You'll see.
And when you go to any store (e.g. WalMart), that store pays the government the taxes that you pay them. That does not make the store the "legal tax payer". You are making up entirely false arguments here. Inno is no different from any other store you pay taxes to.

Graviton

I'm not paying the government, I'm paying InnoGames and then Innogames pays the government, making them in this case, the legal tax payer. We just merely get the bill. This bill is 100% being shifted to the player (AKA: complete shifting).

Yes, that's how it works in every industry everywhere.

InnoGames is taking no responsibility for their share of paying the tax on their profit of its consumers.

What? They'll certainly be made responsible if they don't pay it. We players won't be. They have no obligation to absorb the tax, I don't know where you're getting that.

Again, all of this on something that is not tangible.

Oh but it's very tangible: you're being taxed on the transaction. That's how taxes usually work, it's the movement of money that is taxed. You receive income, it's taxed. You spend that income, it's taxed. The money itself is not being taxed twice, it's being taxed each time it is transacted. The object of the transaction is mostly irrelevant.

InnoGames sets the price of the tax that is shifted, diamonds, quantity of diamonds per dollar. Of course there are many ways to ease or make this tax more equitable in the long run for players & business owners alike. Especially when the consideration is intellectual in nature. Inno knows this, their just looking at "Impact Data", and will make compensatory adjustments as needed. You'll see.

They might very well do that. But they are under no moral obligation to players to do so. If they do reduce diamond prices it will be because, as you said, their data tells them that there fewer people buying them.