• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.41 - Feedback

DeletedUser7289

I have fought GvG, and gone through 300 units in taking multiple sectors, so I suppose if you're fighting in all the different ages you might need 2,000 troops. I've never had enough goods available to think about it. Guess I was wrong.

DeletedUser8152

My feeling is that 2000 is probably big enough, but its not like way more than you would ever need. So I think people will reach the limit and need to take it into account in their plans, which is currently very hard with how the army screen works.

DeletedUser6023

What is the point of this?? What happens if you already have more than 2500 troops when they implement this change... they just randomly take away some of them?

DeletedUser6023

I don't understand why there would ever be a cap in the first place... They create a GB that gives you units everyday and then make it useless for anyone that has been able to amass a large army with it?? I have no clue how many troops I have right now. My guild is active in GvG from HMA to CE and I have collected troops to attack/defend in all these ages. There is no way to even count all of them in order to know where I would be in terms of unit counts when this gets implemented. Will there be a "total units" counter?
I have heard that people are having trouble loading their army management because of all the troops, so instead of working on a fix for army management, they just put in a cap... and then work on putting bunnies in my city instead??

DeletedUser

If you really want a total of your troops you could just measure the length of the scrolling bar and the length of the total bar. Then divide the total bar by the scrolling bar and multiply it by the number of troops that fit in the scrolling bar.

DeletedUser2145

I don't understand why there would ever be a cap in the first place... They create a GB that gives you units everyday and then make it useless for anyone that has been able to amass a large army with it?? I have no clue how many troops I have right now. My guild is active in GvG from HMA to CE and I have collected troops to attack/defend in all these ages. There is no way to even count all of them in order to know where I would be in terms of unit counts when this gets implemented. Will there be a "total units" counter?
I have heard that people are having trouble loading their army management because of all the troops, so instead of working on a fix for army management, they just put in a cap... and then work on putting bunnies in my city instead??

I'm thinking their intent was for folks to USE those units they get from the GB, not to stockpile them. :p The cap is introduced mainly because of what you've heard, because A) when players have units in the hundreds the army management window is extremely laggy (I've experienced this myself on one world and it makes participation in pvp, gvg, and the continent map horribly painful); B) at a certain point players could no longer login to the game, their loading screen would be stuck because of the number of units they were holding.

No one is saying they aren't looking at possible army management improvements, but they NEEDED that limit in order to ensure players aren't locked out of the game. I myself am not in favor of a unit limit but I can understand the reasoning behind adding it. As to why the limit was added instead of making changes to the army management --- because something was needed -now- to prevent folks from getting the issue as opposed to introducing a "fix" after folks couldn't login for days or weeks (or months).

The unit stacking idea sounds nice and I'm in support of it (at least the one we submitted to the devs a while ago) but there are also difficulties with it. Not for us, but for the devs. Currently units are not grouped internally based on their type, they're each assigned an ID and therefore work as individual entities. This does not meant that something of that type cannot be implemented, but it means it can't be implemented any time soon --- they would have to completely redo the way the units and army management work. Something like that takes time, and since players were already reaching a number of units where they can no longer login to the game, they couldn't wait on an improvement.

Not saying the unit limit is good, but there's a valid reason why it was added. I personally hope it's a temporary solution, until improvements to the units/army management window are done, at which point the limit can be removed again.

DeletedUser6023

Well I do USE these troops all the time... and am pretty good at not letting them die so they add up. Like I said, I am active in GvG from HMA to CE... there is no way that I can have barracks from each of these ages so I had stockpiled them from Alcatraz. When I get low on one thing or another, I rebuild that barracks and stock up a few more.
I guess I should start killing off some Rogues then eh? My main concern is that if I have over 2500 when the update goes in, random units will just get deleted from my army. Also, if I have the max 2500 and win a unit from the treasure hunt or an event... will I get a different prize or will I just get nothing...

lemonwedgie

Which I do, since I think this whole "aid"-button is for the lazy and the desinterested.
I M/P by hand. Thank you.

I am far from a lazy and disinterested player - been playing for 2.5yrs and leading a guild for 2 of those years. The Aid button works for me.

DeletedUser2145

You don't lose any units, you simply can't obtain more. Meaning unless you're paying diamonds to heal/revive those units, you'll eventually fall below 2500/2000 and can collect units again.

If you have 2500 and win a unit from the treasure hunt you can let us know what happens. :)

DeletedUser11609

You don't lose any units, you simply can't obtain more. Meaning unless you're paying diamonds to heal/revive those units, you'll eventually fall below 2500/2000 and can collect units again.

If you have 2500 and win a unit from the treasure hunt you can let us know what happens. :)

That would be great, if Inno actually provided some rudimentary data to it's players, like current number of troops? :D

DeletedUser2145

That would be great, if Inno actually provided some rudimentary data to it's players, like current number of troops? :D

You'll know because you won't be able to collect a unit from anywhere - military buildings, Traz, quests, etc. So no actual data needed for that. :)

DeletedUser8152

But it would be nice perhaps to know when you are approaching that limit, so you can take steps to adjust what you're doing.

DeletedUser9732

No one is saying they aren't looking at possible army management improvements, but they NEEDED that limit in order to ensure players aren't locked out of the game. I myself am not in favor of a unit limit but I can understand the reasoning behind adding it. As to why the limit was added instead of making changes to the army management --- because something was needed -now- to prevent folks from getting the issue as opposed to introducing a "fix" after folks couldn't login for days or weeks (or months).

The unit stacking idea sounds nice and I'm in support of it (at least the one we submitted to the devs a while ago) but there are also difficulties with it. Not for us, but for the devs. Currently units are not grouped internally based on their type, they're each assigned an ID and therefore work as individual entities. This does not meant that something of that type cannot be implemented, but it means it can't be implemented any time soon --- they would have to completely redo the way the units and army management work. Something like that takes time, and since players were already reaching a number of units where they can no longer login to the game, they couldn't wait on an improvement.

Not saying the unit limit is good, but there's a valid reason why it was added. I personally hope it's a temporary solution, until improvements to the units/army management window are done, at which point the limit can be removed again.

I really hope you're right. It is a poor, band-aid solution, and the army management really needs an overhaul. That being said, it has been a topic of discussion for quite a while now (For instance, the proposal for the overhaul went to voting in May). If they took so long to even apply a band-aid, how long until we get a legitimate solution?

jaelis said:
But it would be nice perhaps to know when you are approaching that limit, so you can take steps to adjust what you're doing.

That would be great. A total troop counter can't be that hard to add, they obviously already have the data if they're capping it.

There was an issue where Aid feature was causing endless loading when there was nothing to polish/motivate.
Do we know if this will also prevent you from being able to Aid when nothing is available?

DeletedUser2145

That being said, it has been a topic of discussion for quite a while now (For instance, the proposal for the overhaul went to voting in May). If they took so long to even apply a band-aid, how long until we get a legitimate solution?

A band-aid has never been part of the discussion though, nor was it required till recently. Really not a lot of folks hold 2k+ units as they'd like to think. The unable to login thing started recently, like an update (or two at most) ago so people have been using their units and only in certain recent instances did this issue arise.

Do we know if this will also prevent you from being able to Aid when nothing is available?

I don't think so, I haven't seen a new game addition in that aspect.

DeletedUser9732

A band-aid has never been part of the discussion though, nor was it required till recently. Really not a lot of folks hold 2k+ units as they'd like to think. The unable to login thing started recently, like an update (or two at most) ago so people have been using their units and only in certain recent instances did this issue arise.

Right, because they've delayed a real fix/upgrade so long that the need for a band-aid developed, even if it isn't a wide spread issue yet. Before it wasn't exactly critical, now it is causing problems beyond convenience. That is troubling.

Personally, I'm not particularly concerned about the cap yet. In my one city with an Alcatraz I know I've got hundreds of units, but I've got a ways to go before 2k. But I do already have army management issues, like playing my least favorite game, find-the-attached-unit.

I don't think so, I haven't seen a new game addition in that aspect.

That's unfortunate.

DeletedUser2145

Right, because they've delayed a real fix/upgrade so long that the need for a band-aid developed, even if it isn't a wide spread issue yet.

Everything gets outdated eventually, both game features and graphics have at one point or another been improved for various game elements. Nothing's been delayed it simply wasn't an issue so it wasn't given a priority. They could have stopped or postponed other projects such as special events to work on that, but they likely decided it wasn't a necessity.

From all my game worlds I'm experiencing lag only in a single world's army management window. I have Alcatraz in two worlds but it's causing me an issue only on one world where I've gathered a large number of units. So it's sort of difficult to get yourself in a position when you're having 2k+ units (even if you're getting 8 units a day to reach 2000 you'd need 250 days AND assuming you do not lose any units --- we all know we've built Alcatraz because we use those units and as much as you like keeping an eye on them you'll eventually lose units or use them for siege/defense in GvG). I think what led to this is that last part, people used a lot of units for sieges.

There was literally no need for a cap or an improvement till recently (would it have been nice and was it proposed/discussed? yes. But those proposals/discussions weren't because of game issues, but due to inconveniences).

DeletedUser3221

I see the change to cap is now crossed out on the changelog, does this mean it's not being implemented this time?

DeletedUser2145

I see the change to cap is now crossed out on the changelog, does this mean it's not being implemented this time?

Apparently so. Due to negative feedback they've opted out of it and will be using a different temporary solution. It won't have an impact on gameplay so it's not listed on the changelog (it will be internal, allowing more memory to be used so that players don't have issues with login).