• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.62 - Feedback

DeletedUser18851

Here's another amazing aspect of the new mail system -- you can't send out mass messages. I have a mailing list for all my friends and when I try to send a message, the window just locks up and no message is sent.

Kudos, Inno. Great improvement.

EDIT: I realize why! You can no longer copy/paste a list of names into the recipient field, all you can do is add them ONE by ONE. You can add all guild members with a click, why not all friends, or all neighbors?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18851

Kids hate change, that's all this is. The hyperbolic kneejerk reactions by the players elsewhere on the forums that're basically saying they're going to throw a tantrum until Inno does exactly what they say is proof enough.

Typical misinformed response. People like change. Good change. Bad change is bad. Good change is good. See the difference?

DeletedUser11609

I'm just able to acknowledge an improvement to the game's systems when I see one, rather than constantly complaining about nothing being good enough. The game has problems, sure, but this new messaging system isn't even close to any of them especially with these latest updates. The old system was terrible, I'm personally glad it's gone, and this is coming from someone in a large guild that sends out multiple messages daily.

Kids hate change, that's all this is. The hyperbolic kneejerk reactions by the players elsewhere on the forums that're basically saying they're going to throw a tantrum until Inno does exactly what they say is proof enough.

So you assume that everyone else is a child, because their opinion doesn't match yours? Most of the people complaining about this joke of a message system are likely older than you. So I'd save your kiddy insults for your friends.
You claim it's an improvement, but you don't seem to back it up with any facts.
It's no better, and in many ways worse. Even after the last patch, every conversation is still filled with "...left the conversation", seems really useful.....
The readability is still terrible for us older players who's eye's aren't as good as they used to be, and they don't seem interested in doing anything about it.

Finally, considering the overwhelming negative reaction, your stance that everyone else is wrong, and you're right is hilarious, and somewhat embarrassing...:blink:

I see that Inno is now deleting negative posts in an effort to support you...well played..

DeletedUser18851

Oh another great feature of the new mail system: The mail button flashes when you don't have new mail, and doesn't flash when you do have new mail. Typical bassackwards performance.

DeletedUser10517

I'm just able to acknowledge an improvement to the game's systems when I see one, rather than constantly complaining about nothing being good enough. The game has problems, sure, but this new messaging system isn't even close to any of them especially with these latest updates. The old system was terrible, I'm personally glad it's gone, and this is coming from someone in a large guild that sends out multiple messages daily.

I am not a "kid". I can say with almost certainty that Im older than you are.......and Im quite happy to have change......when the change is needed, warranted and useful.

The old system was not perfect.....many people asked for the things that werent perfect about it to be addressed.
What we get back is a completely different, completely disfunctional, mess.

You might like it. As I said on a previous thread, as a single player just idling away at the game, the system probably doesnt matter much to you.

As a guild leader, and someone who organises the guild via messaging, I can tell you the system is diabolical and it has resulted in a complete shutdown of communication in my guild.

Only today, in response to a message I made about the messaging system, someone mentioned how sorry they were for not being on much but the system is dreadful.....and the thought of it is spoiling their enjoyment of the game....and if the game stops being 'fun', then they will stop coming on as much.
It was met by a flurry of posts in agreement.

There are so many things 'wrong' with the system.....and most of those were ignored by the Beta Testers....which makes Inno's arrogance so much more unbearable.

I am not and will not be buying more diamonds until something changes........the 100% extra offer yesterday did not entice......because, quite frankly, a company who is so arrogant and who treats its customers so poorly doesnt deserve a penny.

You have a lone voice...... you are in the minority....so please, stop insulting other people for having an opinion!

DeletedUser17558

It looks like I constantly get mail, but it is just the notification flashing whenever I come back home. I have a few guildmates who are losing interest in the game and this is just accelerating their departure. I know all of us will move on eventually, but why speed up that process with flawed "fixes"?

DeletedUser15303

Messaging changes look as though they will be big improvements. Better late than never so well done and looking forward to seeing them in action.

Well....too bad they weren't big improvements...and then the improvements weren't real improvements either. At least, I'm saving money.

- - - Updated - - -

I held off commenting until after the release.

WOW. I mean WOW.
It took over two weeks and you managed to do the following:
1) X left the conversation does not warrant a new message.
2) Made the font larger... Well mostly... On the web version yes. On Android, the only larger font is on the 'X left the conversation'
Thank goodness, cause I was really wanting to read that and not the messages.
3) Add one more sub menu to the burger. Which closes the message. Strangely that X on the right seems to do that already with 1 less click.

Hope you did not hurt yourself doing all these wonderful changes. When does that intern get back?

The best part of the new message system is I can leave messages now; however, I will have to go back to the page I was on as when I leave a message I go back to message 1.

Unlike the others here, I will not even ask for you to improve it. You will hurt yourselves. I hope in the next three weeks maybe you can change the background color.
Don't put too much into this thou. The requests here are very difficult and time consuming.

PS: Also like how you have hidden ALL the complaints previously. And yes, they are editing the forums...

Completely agree with this. Man, I hate being bumped back to page 1 after deleting one message from "edit 1" mistake-era...and still have pages of "left convo" messages to delete...

As for the "compliments" that are on this page...they can't be believed. What utter nonsense.

DeletedUser10517

Since the update, 2 new things with the messaging have started to happen.

Yes, thankfully the 'so and so has left the conversation' doesnt bump messages back to page one..........but we are still seeing it on each message.

Now....its gone from no blinking envelope back to blinking all the time.

Now, when I reply to a message, it appears back on Page 1 with a number 1 on it, suggesting there is a new message to read. There isnt....I just wrote it. So why is there a Number 1 stuck on it?

So if I leave the PC, come back, and not remember which threads I have replied to.......I have to open them all to see which ones have ACTUAL new messages on them...........

What a waste of time!

What the Devs dont seem to realise is that for every person on the forums who is complaining, there are many many MANY more on the actual game complaining.....who dont even know these forums exist or who dont come here.

The whole system is an absolute joke!

DeletedUser9195

Update 1.62

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.62. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

I notice no difference in this update. The message system is now just as impossible as it was with update 1.61. The chaotic scroll of emails makes it near impossible to communicate in game. I can not ascertain whether a message is public or private, it is difficult to find out who is the one sending the message, and I do not understand why the "XXXXX left the conversation" still persists.
The only 2 things I like about this new message system is that I can click on the person's icon and visit their city directly, and the contrast that makes it easy to see/read the message.

Can we not go back to the message system that we had before 1.61? You had a decent message system, why muck it up like this??

DeletedUser10415

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.62. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

I am disappointed in update 1.62, as it didn't include a rollback to the previous message system. A system which was flawed, but functional. Quite unlike your new message system, which is way beyond flawed and entirely useless. It essentially turned FoE into a single-player game. FoE isn't sufficiently engaging as a single-player game, so the new unmessaging system has ruined the game for me. I truly am only here still in hopes that the messaging will be returned to the functionality it had before these atrocious changes that have been made to it, but I'm not going to stay around forever. Eventually, I'll quit entirely and then comment on every review of the game there is online....

DeletedUser23748

The new improvements to the messaging system are nice. Good advancement, but still lacking.

One problem my guild is having now. Since the new update we have created main threads in which to communicate. Large main threads like "Trades" "GvG" "FP Donations", etc. All conversation about these things happen there, instead of new messages for everything (which were getting out of hand with "leave message" and other such problems). Now we are running into the problem of not being able to add people to the message threads... so any time a new guild mate joins, we have to re-create these messages and send them out to everyone... and then everyone had to leave the old messages. Or if someone accidentally leaves a message, they need to be re-created and sent out as a new message.

If would be nice to at lease have guild leaders be able to control the group info by adding people to messages after they have been made.

DeletedUser2355

Now it is not working at all...lol Has not worked all day in A world. Good going Inno, keep up the good work (not). Just a poorly thought out and horribly implemented message system.

DeletedUser23706

yes but it is not registered as a new message or put the top of your list, it works

Appears to have fixed the biggest problem of people leaving conversations resulting in new messages. I'm now warming up to the new messaging and enjoying being able to message from Android and IoS....

- - - Updated - - -

The new improvements to the messaging system are nice. Good advancement, but still lacking.

One problem my guild is having now. Since the new update we have created main threads in which to communicate. Large main threads like "Trades" "GvG" "FP Donations", etc. All conversation about these things happen there, instead of new messages for everything (which were getting out of hand with "leave message" and other such problems). Now we are running into the problem of not being able to add people to the message threads... so any time a new guild mate joins, we have to re-create these messages and send them out to everyone... and then everyone had to leave the old messages. Or if someone accidentally leaves a message, they need to be re-created and sent out as a new message.

If would be nice to at lease have guild leaders be able to control the group info by adding people to messages after they have been made.

Very good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

DeletedUser10131

I am disappointed in update 1.62, as it didn't include a rollback to the previous message system. A system which was flawed, but functional. Quite unlike your new message system, which is way beyond flawed and entirely useless. It essentially turned FoE into a single-player game. FoE isn't sufficiently engaging as a single-player game, so the new unmessaging system has ruined the game for me. I truly am only here still in hopes that the messaging will be returned to the functionality it had before these atrocious changes that have been made to it, but I'm not going to stay around forever. Eventually, I'll quit entirely and then comment on every review of the game there is online....

I agree I can't stand to even open the messages. Hardly anyone uses it anymore in my guild. Almost no response from need help threads, or GB leveling threads. If Inno point was to mess up the game then they succeeded.

DeletedUser10517

Im with you on this Glarg.

Im sticking with it on a hopes that they will roll back the old system...........

qaccy

So you assume that everyone else is a child, because their opinion doesn't match yours? Most of the people complaining about this joke of a message system are likely older than you. So I'd save your kiddy insults for your friends.
You claim it's an improvement, but you don't seem to back it up with any facts.
It's no better, and in many ways worse. Even after the last patch, every conversation is still filled with "...left the conversation", seems really useful.....
The readability is still terrible for us older players who's eye's aren't as good as they used to be, and they don't seem interested in doing anything about it.

Finally, considering the overwhelming negative reaction, your stance that everyone else is wrong, and you're right is hilarious, and somewhat embarrassing...:blink:

I see that Inno is now deleting negative posts in an effort to support you...well played..

You want some facts about how the new system is better? Here ya go:

1) Leaving threads is now possible, it wasn't with the old one. If I'm deleting a message, it's because I don't want to see it anymore. With the old system, I had to go back and re-delete any group message every time someone replied to it. An annoyance that is now gone. None of this wishy-washy 'I want the message out of my inbox but I still want to see replies to it' nonsense.
2) With the old system, messages just up and disappeared for no reason. I could reply to one thread, and suddenly I'd have two of the same message on page 1 of my inbox, and anything that got bumped down to another page disappeared until some unknown condition made it reappear. Yet another annoyance that's now gone.
3) Five messages per page now instead of four. A small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.
4) Being able to see who's leaving a message is a great administrative tool for monitoring who's keeping up with messaging. I will concede that this action no longer posting a new message to the inbox nor updating a thread is an improvement, but I'm not going to decry the feature entirely.

You might like it. As I said on a previous thread, as a single player just idling away at the game, the system probably doesnt matter much to you.

As a guild leader, and someone who organises the guild via messaging, I can tell you the system is diabolical and it has resulted in a complete shutdown of communication in my guild.

Only today, in response to a message I made about the messaging system, someone mentioned how sorry they were for not being on much but the system is dreadful.....and the thought of it is spoiling their enjoyment of the game....and if the game stops being 'fun', then they will stop coming on as much.
It was met by a flurry of posts in agreement.

There are so many things 'wrong' with the system.....and most of those were ignored by the Beta Testers....which makes Inno's arrogance so much more unbearable.

I am not and will not be buying more diamonds until something changes........the 100% extra offer yesterday did not entice......because, quite frankly, a company who is so arrogant and who treats its customers so poorly doesnt deserve a penny.

You have a lone voice...... you are in the minority....so please, stop insulting other people for having an opinion!

I'm a leader of my guild just as you are, with similar messaging responsibilities so no, I'm not 'a single player just idling away at the game'. Funny that I also mentioned this earlier but you seemed to ignore that part...the rest of your post is akin to the 'tantrum' my post mentions.

My guild still actively sends out messages, none of them have quit over the changes, and for the sake of disclosure we only had three out of 78 members voice any displeasure about the new system. And no, before you try to assume otherwise we're not having people quit, either - our guild currently only has two members who are 'yellow' and two 'red' that have been on extended leave since before the new system was even released. So at least, in terms of my guild, I'm not seeing any change in day-to-day activities other than the simple fact that the new messaging system is an improvement over the old one.

DeletedUser10517

You want some facts about how the new system is better? Here ya go:

1) Leaving threads is now possible, it wasn't with the old one. If I'm deleting a message, it's because I don't want to see it anymore. With the old system, I had to go back and re-delete any group message every time someone replied to it. An annoyance that is now gone. None of this wishy-washy 'I want the message out of my inbox but I still want to see replies to it' nonsense.
2) With the old system, messages just up and disappeared for no reason. I could reply to one thread, and suddenly I'd have two of the same message on page 1 of my inbox, and anything that got bumped down to another page disappeared until some unknown condition made it reappear. Yet another annoyance that's now gone.
3) Five messages per page now instead of four. A small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.
4) Being able to see who's leaving a message is a great administrative tool for monitoring who's keeping up with messaging. I will concede that this action no longer posting a new message to the inbox nor updating a thread is an improvement, but I'm not going to decry the feature entirely.

I'm a leader of my guild just as you are, with similar messaging responsibilities so no, I'm not 'a single player just idling away at the game'. Funny that I also mentioned this earlier but you seemed to ignore that part...the rest of your post is akin to the 'tantrum' my post mentions.

My guild still actively sends out messages, none of them have quit over the changes, and for the sake of disclosure we only had three out of 78 members voice any displeasure about the new system. And no, before you try to assume otherwise we're not having people quit, either - our guild currently only has two members who are 'yellow' and two 'red' that have been on extended leave since before the new system was even released. So at least, in terms of my guild, I'm not seeing any change in day-to-day activities other than the simple fact that the new messaging system is an improvement over the old one.

You have highlighted a couple of things that can be said are 'improvements'....
5 messages per page instead of 4......slight improvement.
messages NOT disappearing is an improvement.

Thats it!!

Nothing else about it is an improvement.....and all the negative aspects about it are far worse than all the negative aspects in the old system.

This does NOT mean the system as a whole is an Improvement. SOME aspects are, but the majority are WORSE to deal with.

I question your messaging involvement in the guild.....you said you were "glad to be out of those annoying chains"....so you dont restart those messages as a leader or have to keep track of them.
Do you run any GB Clubs that involve multiple messages daily? And have to be restarted often?
Do you have to read through messages every morning to deal with all guild questions?
Do you have to message members about various guild issues every day?
Do you have to keep track of different issues with the same member, which cant be done separately anymore?
The list goes on.........

YOU think because of a couple of changes YOU like, that the system is great......and we have all said.....thats great for you!!

But what YOURE then doing is calling everyone else names who has anything negative to say about it...........you are ridiculing and insulting people for having a different opinion.

Neither have you made comment on any of the negatives many many other people have noted........not once.

You are in the minority......why not leave those who are in the Majority to get on with it?

DeletedUser8152

You are in the minority......why not leave those who are in the Majority to get on with it?
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they don't have the right to express, and even argue for, their opinion. I'm certain that no one is going to get confused here about who is in the minority and who is in the majority. That doesn't mean minority views aren't worth expressing.

qaccy

You have highlighted a couple of things that can be said are 'improvements'....
5 messages per page instead of 4......slight improvement.
messages NOT disappearing is an improvement.

Thats it!!

Nothing else about it is an improvement.....and all the negative aspects about it are far worse than all the negative aspects in the old system.

This does NOT mean the system as a whole is an Improvement. SOME aspects are, but the majority are WORSE to deal with.

I question your messaging involvement in the guild.....you said you were "glad to be out of those annoying chains"....so you dont restart those messages as a leader or have to keep track of them.
Do you run any GB Clubs that involve multiple messages daily? And have to be restarted often?
Do you have to read through messages every morning to deal with all guild questions?
Do you have to message members about various guild issues every day?
Do you have to keep track of different issues with the same member, which cant be done separately anymore?
The list goes on.........

YOU think because of a couple of changes YOU like, that the system is great......and we have all said.....thats great for you!!

But what YOURE then doing is calling everyone else names who has anything negative to say about it...........you are ridiculing and insulting people for having a different opinion.

Neither have you made comment on any of the negatives many many other people have noted........not once.

So I summarized the improvements of the new system, which sums up the majority of the system as a whole, and your response is that 'nothing else about it' is good? What else is there? The only leg one has to stand on right now is that the mailing list can't be updated without re-sending the message, which is another improvement coming down the pipeline. As for your other points:

1) Why would a GB Club thread need to be restarted often? Do your clubs have a high member turnover? Perhaps an evaluation of that needs to be done before claiming the messenger system is to blame.
2) Yes, but perhaps not as much as other guilds because we have resources on our guild forum and also use guild chat frequently for more real-time discussions. Perhaps those avenues could also be explored for your guild as a supplement to messaging?
3) I'm not quite sure what these 'guild issues' would be, other than we have GvG threads and the like to keep people informed about such things.
4) Why not? 1:1 messaging still works fine. Using the context of the new system, one can assume that even without a subject tag a 1:1 mail must be something important and worth reading. And if said thread is updated, it means there's something new to address.

All of the other 'arguments' most of the naysayers are using can be attributed to disliking any sort of change or addition to the game. People are even complaining already about the (finally) upcoming second Tomorrow Era GB for 'not being good enough'. Would you like more proof that people just like to complain for the sake of complaining?

DeletedUser8044

so and so leaving a conversation was only ONE issue.

What about all the other AWFUL AWFUL issues this new system has???

20 line breaks, for example, is far too few...........many guilds need more than this to effectively do Guild Clubs.
It is an absolute PAIN having to break messages up into 4 or 5 separate messages for one club update........and doing this every day is a nightmare!!

I agree with this issue. Although not daily, I send out weekly updates to the guild and have to group everything into paragraphs because of the line break issue. Makes for very difficult reading.