• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.62 - Feedback

DeletedUser11427

1. Still unable to list "subject' for message to single person
2. If you leave a thread, your still unable to see new posts to that thread
3. No Delete button
4. Old system worked
5. Communication in all guilds still suffering...This needs a fix

DeletedUser6172

Get your act together Inno. I'm not the only one saying this. You better start listening and putting forth some visible effort.

• Even if you were writing the paychecks, this would be a lousy managerial approach.
  • A football coach who used a similar approach would suddenly find himself coaching 8th graders.

DeletedUser18851

• Even if you were writing the paychecks, this would be a lousy managerial approach.
  • A football coach who used a similar approach would suddenly find himself coaching 8th graders.

They've had plenty of constructive criticism, and they've ignored plenty of it. They need to understand that people are angry. And what have you got against 8th graders?

Volodya

So it doesn't bounce back for anyone else but it does for you? That is weird.
It's bouncing back for me, if I understand you correctly. Anytime someone leaves the conversation, that message, no matter how old it it, moves to the top of the message list. I'm unwilling to do that to others so I never leave a conversation, but someday, assuming Inno cares enough to fix this, I'm gonna have a miserable task cleaning up my inbox.

lemonwedgie

I kind of understand about the delete button... the system now doesn't use individual messages that you have your own copy of, they are now more like shared documents all recipients can see. So deleting that document wouldn't make sense, it would delete it for everyone.

But clearly what people want is a way to hide a conversation so they don't have to see it unless something new is posted. Honestly I don't really see that as important myself, I don't hear people clamoring for a way to hide facebook posts to keep their wall empty. But I also don't see why it would be hard to implement, and if it makes people happier, why not do it?

I think the old delete button was just fine, did not need *fixing* ... also, sometimes an old thread just might need bumping ... so those who did delete it, will have it pop up again if necessary.

DeletedUser10019

You simply ruined everything, and there's nothing "really" fixed except that storm of "stupidjerk left the message" spams, which wasn't there at all. You just walked into a house, took a dump on the carpet, tore the curtains off, broke the windows, smash the TV and dining table, and now you're telling us stuff is fixed because you taped newspaper pages on the windowframe? No guys. NO! That's not how it works?
Where's the delete message thing? Leaving a message is a BAD idea. Deleting worked fine, why did you mess with it at first place? Swallow your stupid pride, admit your mistake and bring back the old "working" system.
Where's the outbox? Average player gets 50 times more messages than he sends. How the f**k am I supposed to find the last message I sent? I noticed a new detail, something new happened, and I want to notify my friend about it. WHERE IS IT? How should I find that message? You want me to click through 47 pages of irrelevant messages? Thank you Inno. That's what I call customer satisfaction.
EVERY F**KING PLAYER COMPLAINS Inno. You turned what was once a good game into a ridiculous boring house.

Dear developers: I hope people capable of solving your problems ignore you, too. I hope Karma works back to your way and ruins a perfectly running set you have. I hope you pay for all the suffering you have caused. I believe in Karma.

DeletedUser17462

Awesome, leave notices don't bug us with notifications anymore. They still clog the friggin threads!

amg777

I don't hear people clamoring for a way to hide facebook posts to keep their wall empty.

You may be correct about posts on facebook walls. But in my opinion, this observation hits on the fundamental issue with the new message system. Inno is trying to turn it into a facebook wall or chat tool, rather than an email message system, as further shown by the fact they are referring to messages as "conversations". Whether this will be a good change or not remains to be seen. Personally I have had experience with other sites that went this way; I stopped using them because I am not a fan of this type of messaging, but others seem to prefer it.

DeletedUser10131

Well congrats Inno I don't bother using messages anymore. Done spending money on this game since you obviously not going to listen to the complaints. Time to find a new game

qaccy

Thanks for the updates! The new messaging system is even better than it was before. :D

Too many people here completely ignoring the improvements and demanding 'more more more'. Spoiled brats~

DeletedUser11609

Thanks for the updates! The new messaging system is even better than it was before. :D

Too many people here completely ignoring the improvements and demanding 'more more more'. Spoiled brats~

How much are they paying you to be their mouthpiece? :rolleyes:

Volodya

Even better than before... if you disregard the whole almost unusable aspect of the new system.

DeletedUser17347

I held off commenting until after the release.

WOW. I mean WOW.
It took over two weeks and you managed to do the following:
1) X left the conversation does not warrant a new message.
2) Made the font larger... Well mostly... On the web version yes. On Android, the only larger font is on the 'X left the conversation'
Thank goodness, cause I was really wanting to read that and not the messages.
3) Add one more sub menu to the burger. Which closes the message. Strangely that X on the right seems to do that already with 1 less click.

Hope you did not hurt yourself doing all these wonderful changes. When does that intern get back?

The best part of the new message system is I can leave messages now; however, I will have to go back to the page I was on as when I leave a message I go back to message 1.

Unlike the others here, I will not even ask for you to improve it. You will hurt yourselves. I hope in the next three weeks maybe you can change the background color.
Don't put too much into this thou. The requests here are very difficult and time consuming.

PS: Also like how you have hidden ALL the complaints previously. And yes, they are editing the forums...

DeletedUser6172

The slightly large font also changes in the way the messaging system handles characters per tab.
Those of us who use cut and paste for tabular data will need to make a few formatting adjustments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

I don't think they are editing the forums enough, and those threads that have been moved/closed/and/or deleted we at the very least borderline.

DeletedUser23340

Appreciate the improvements in the update. Thank you Inno. "X Left...." was causing a great deal of discord in a couple of my worlds. One thing I would like you to look at:
- fix the player ribbon so that it stays where you left it when switching between neighborhood, guild and friends. Mine is snapping to the first player whenever I switch between the ribbons. A bit annoying.
Over all - so far, so good. Keep up the good work (& the tweaking)!

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

How much are they paying you to be their mouthpiece? :rolleyes:

I'm just able to acknowledge an improvement to the game's systems when I see one, rather than constantly complaining about nothing being good enough. The game has problems, sure, but this new messaging system isn't even close to any of them especially with these latest updates. The old system was terrible, I'm personally glad it's gone, and this is coming from someone in a large guild that sends out multiple messages daily.

Kids hate change, that's all this is. The hyperbolic kneejerk reactions by the players elsewhere on the forums that're basically saying they're going to throw a tantrum until Inno does exactly what they say is proof enough.