• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.93 Feedback

bomber9530

lol according to their 'fair trade' fill in Lumber to Papercrete is 2:1 as well. I think it's just filling in 2:1 for no matter how many eras to assume what people normally do. I am very curious what their actual 'fair trade' ticker says on mobile and if it matches the calculators.

Works the same on mobile. (Doesnt match calculators. Just sticks with the 2:1 and 1:2 ratios.)

DeletedUser20367

I do wish they would have explained the change a bit better. I found it rather frustrating thinking I could no longer visit peoples cities, you can but you have to figure the avatar thing out first, I think a quick 'How to notice' was in order. I wonder how many non forum people haven't even found out about this great feature yet.

Agreed, one of the members in one of my Guilds also plays on Beta and he only just now found out that you could still visit by clicking on the second avatar. Inno isn't really very big on 'how to's', they seem to leave all that tedious documentation work to their unpaid support staff. Us. :D

DeletedUser20367

:( yeah setting up 5 trades costs 5x longer.

All I can say is that I'm glad I had the 'acquire 1 of each good up to CE' quest BEFORE this change. REALLY hope that they fix it so after the first trade it goes back to the position where you were at instead of resetting.

DeletedUser26965

"It turned out that there was a mistake in the changelog for 1.93.

The 29th Premium Expansion was already fixed in 1.91 so players who already placed it do not get a new one. Sorry for this mistake!"

Changelog 1.93

Robbenn

"From now on, clicking the Great Buildings icon on the social bar will open a new Great Buildings overview window that lists all Great Buildings of the respective player
From that window you can open level-up screen of any of the listed Great Buildings without visiting the player!
The Great Buildings link was also added to the context menu in the messaging system"

Is there a reason this feature was not implemented on the mobile version? I feel like the mobile version lacks seriously some very important features. Why can't we see who posted a trade? Why don't we have the option to collect all production in our city at once using diamonds(I don't actually do that I just use the icon to check if I missed something). I would mention the Treasure Hunt but that probably was intentionally made just for web version, so I can live with that. Why couldn't we put FP packs directly into a GB? I understand we'll get this with the introduction of the new GB level-up window, but still, we should've had that a long time ago. In the battle view, there is that bar at the bottom that shows the attacking order but that only shows the troop types, if there are multiple units of the same type, there's no way to tell where is a specific unit on the field. A simple tap and hold on the icon which highlights the unit on the field would be enough. Now this? I just can't see why would you pay less attention to the mobile version. Probably more than 90% of the total player base is using the mobile version, some of them exclusively.

DeletedUser14150

Would like the good name Wires changed back to Wire. It just isn't right with everything else named singularly. You don't have Coffees, Papers, Tars.... Just feels wrong.

DeletedUser14150

FP Swaps: When clicking on the portrait of a person in a swap thread, I suppose the Great Buildings link is a good idea, but, the background is too dark when you select a great building and you can't see your total forge points. So, you can't tell how many FPs you're adding from the FP bar. Since clicking to add a point at a time doesn't always take if you click too fast, you may or may not be giving 20 FP. You might give 18, you might give 21, or similar.
This definitely needs to be addressed. With GE giving 100 FP at times, getting rid of FPs shouldn't be more difficult. This is a ton of extra work trying to not make FP mistakes. For lower age persons where every FP is precious, it is terrible. So, making the background much much brighter is very important when navigating through threads-portraits-great buildings-chosen great building.

Separately, the goods drop down was a nice idea, but not advantageous if it doesn't hold the age you were last trading. So, we'll adjust to it, but if I'm living in Contemporary, but trading in HMA, it would be nice if the list stayed in HMA until another age is chosen or until the trade window is closed.

Another thing. I mentioned this in the forum replies in another world, please change Wires back to Wire. It isn't right. You don't have Coffees or Tars, right?

DeletedUser10089

Thank the game gods hallelujah lol.
  • From now on, clicking the Great Buildings icon on the social bar will open a new Great Buildings overview window that lists all Great Buildings of the respective player:
    newgboverview.png

From that window you can open level-up screen of any of the listed Great Buildings without visiting the player!
    The Great Buildings link was also added to the context menu in the messaging system:
    newgbitem.png

It replaces the "Visit" link. You can of course still visit players - this is now achieved by clicking on the player avatar in the context menu.
    Please note: this feature will not be available directly after update. It will be activated within a few hours.
this is totally useless and one of the worst changes I have seen for ages, which says a lot here. You cant load extra FP's when in that picture but have to leave and scroll to the player you want to donate and visit the city that way in order to be able to place more than max 10 FPs - stupid change

DeletedUser8152

this is totally useless and one of the worst changes I have seen for ages, which says a lot here. You cant load extra FP's when in that picture but have to leave and scroll to the player you want to donate and visit the city that way in order to be able to place more than max 10 FPs - stupid change
It works fine for me. Just click the "Open" button. If you want to add more FP from packages, click the little + on the donate screen.

Maybe you want to buy FP with coin? It looks like you do have to back out from there. I think you had a similar problem before. At any rate you can still just visit their city from the context menu by clicking on their avatar, then it is just like it used to be.

---
Regarding the coin issue, I just made a proposal about it here:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...rom-the-gb-donation-screen.16226/#post-127672

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27938

I like most of the updates, having enjoyed them on Beta, but, yes but,
The change to trading made it worse,
Removing the gift button, eh, I would have liked to seen it go active. I have older stuff from previous ages I will never use, that would be nice to be able to have gifted to age appropriate guild members starting out and trying to build their city.
I really like the GB button change and the way that when you leave the contribute button it goes back to the previous menu instead of like most windows you close, like event history, that when you click OK they dump you back to your city instead of going back to the Town Hall window. It would be nice if any window you open backs up to the previous window when OK is clicked or it is closed and maybe adding a Exit button to drop you all the back to your city.
Speaking of Event History, I like those changes too, but would like to see the "Visit Tavern" button from "Friend Events" act the way the Aid button does and the Tavern chair icon, being that it would only be orange if you can visit your friends tavern and grey if the tavern is full or you are still there.
Although, a good way to alleviate a lot of the problems with getting around could be solved by combining the Guild Expedition and Guild continent map buttons onto one "Guild" button that pops up a sub menu like global does, and in the newly created opening putting a "Owner" or "Player" button, that also pops up a sub menu like Global does and that menu could have 4 buttons that are player configurable through a check box menu giving them the ability to choose the shortcuts they use most to get around. I would love to be able to click it and go right to Event History instead of having to click Town Hall and wait for it to open and then click News to get to the Event History button, or a button to take me directly to the "Your Current Offers" window.

But great job on the other changes, and I can't wait for the GB contribution window change to go live too!

THX

DeletedUser27938

The new GB window is great. Ya know, i think I would like to see the same list for my GBs.
In the friends bar click the GB icon next to your avatar. It will bring up the same window with all your GBs.

iamtheemperor

"From now on, clicking the Great Buildings icon on the social bar will open a new Great Buildings overview window that lists all Great Buildings of the respective player
The Great Buildings link was also added to the context menu in the messaging system"

Is there a reason this feature was not implemented on the mobile version? .

And note that there's no GB icon as in the browser version.

Perhaps you need to update again or something. The feature is there for me with my Android tablet.

DeletedUser10816

"The game was sometimes freezing when paging through the ages on the GvG Map. This should not happen again."....

Yeah, but it still does...And i was so hoping that Inno's finally gonna fix something which causes MAJOR inconvenience rather than making some unimportant unnecessary cosmetic changes..I was hoping that this fix would bring me back to GvG...but no
And you wonder why there's a boom of players quitting the game..

DeletedUser27889

Would like the good name Wires changed back to Wire. It just isn't right with everything else named singularly. You don't have Coffees, Papers, Tars.... Just feels wrong.
Didn't notice that until you said somehting, and Rope is now Ropes... They just added random 'S's to things and left it out of the announcement like the trade stuff.

Why bother announcing changes if half the changes are left unannounced?

SourChipmunk

Along with most others, my only complaint is with the Market, and how the list resets to current goods rather than staying where you left off. All the other updates are fantastic, as always Devs!

Cracking up at the goods, though. Why did the names change and aren't synchronized between the current goods window and the dropdowns? Why did they change at all?

Bricks
Ropes
Wires
Nutrition Research" (yeah, with a quote!)

Dried Herb
Machine Part
Flavorant
Luxury Material
Renewable Resource
Semiconductor
Industrial Filter
Electromagnet
Plastic
Robot
Smart Material
Preservative
Superconductor
Nanoparticle
Nanowire
Paper battery
Bioplastic

The AF goods also display a lower-case 2nd word, which they never did before. Very odd.

BruteForceAttack

Along with most others, my only complaint is with the Market, and how the list resets to current goods rather than staying where you left off. All the other updates are fantastic, as always Devs!

Cracking up at the goods, though. Why did the names change and aren't synchronized between the current goods window and the dropdowns? Why did they change at all?

Bricks
Ropes
Wires
Nutrition Research" (yeah, with a quote!)

Dried Herb
Machine Part
Flavorant
Luxury Material
Renewable Resource
Semiconductor
Industrial Filter
Electromagnet
Plastic
Robot
Smart Material
Preservative
Superconductor
Nanoparticle
Nanowire
Paper battery
Bioplastic

The AF goods also display a lower-case 2nd word, which they never did before. Very odd.

You should work for Inno QA dept as they seem not to do proper testing :)