• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Colosseum or Cathedral of Aachen

DeletedUser32186

Really torn between Colosseum
For medals or Aachen for coins.

Seems like medals for expans ions is best long term idea but am constant needing coins. Thoughts?

DeletedUser31225

Lord Sydney, do you know how to open Global Ranking window? You have click on your global rank, top left corner, second link from the left assuming you play on bigger devices.

You can check ranking of Guilds, Players, Medals and Great Buildings. You can see for yourself how many times Collosseum & Aachen are listed there in Great Buildings tab in first 100 pages. Then you can decide for yourself. Best of luck :)

global-ranking.png

DeletedUser31498

Interesting. Given population needs, I always had WAY more coins than supplies, to the point where I don't value coins at all. Which Era are you in? Consensus is that colosseum should never be built, though I don't necessarily agree.

Freshmeboy

Lord Sydney...building a colossal waste of space for medals is a mistake...friends don't let friends drive drunk, pee on electric fences or build the coliseum...You can gather more medals by contributing to other players GBs via swap or snipe than that wreck from the Bronze age will ever produce. Save your fps and land for better things and....good luck

DeletedUser32186

I play on iPad and don’t have the GB and medal rankings.

DeletedUser32186

Interesting. Given population needs, I always had WAY more coins than supplies, to the point where I don't value coins at all. Which Era are you in? Consensus is that colosseum should never be built, though I don't necessarily agree.
Late Middle

DeletedUser32186

Lord Sydney...building a colossal waste of space for medals is a mistake...friends don't let friends drive drunk, pee on electric fences or build the coliseum...You can gather more medals by contributing to other players GBs via swap or snipe than that wreck from the Bronze age will ever produce. Save your fps and land for better things and....good luck
Lol. Thanks!!

Algona

Really torn between Colosseum
For medals or Aachen for coins.

Neither!

As sources of MEdals and Coins both are awful, there are many better options.

There is NEVER a good reason to build Colonobuildem. Just don't build it. You want Medals? Find someone power leveling an Arc and add FP to that Arc. You should be able to net a minimum of 10 Medals per FP and if you are disciplined a lot more.

If you fight CoA is a must have, But if you do not fight, don't build Aachen, it's a lousy Coin source. Instead in the space build 6 Apartment Houses and a Cultural Building to keep them Enthusiastic. If you keep them motivated, you'll get 12K Coins a day from them equal to the output of a lvl 8 CoA. And you can spend the FP acquiring BPs (as wekk as Medals) for GBs you do need or want.

If you need a GB to help with Coins, build SMB. It's 50% bigger then Aachen but you get a lot more bang for your buck. Goods and doubling all your non GB Coins collections.

Again, if you do fight, build Aachen, if not, don't build either.

Good luck!

DeletedUser28670

crap-py
Adjective

1. of extremely poor quality.
2. Concerning the Great Buildings in Forge of Empires, the Colloseum and the Notre Dame.

Given population needs, I always had WAY more coins than supplies, to the point where I don't value coins at all.
Interesting. I have 2 million supplies, but only 800 k coins.

To sum up, @Lord Sydney you are wanting to have one of the worst GBs in the game, and you want the other GB for it's irrevalent secondary boost.

DeletedUser11463

For me two of the worst buildings are collo-no-see-um and the Notre Lame. Collo sounds good because you get medals and early on those few medals will allow quicker expansions. However, expansions get VERY expensive very quickly and the collo provides so few medals as to be near worthless. The sad part is that these 2 GB's are available very early on when people haven't learned much yet. So here is some advice: Don't build either and save the FP's, goods, etc for other more useful things.