• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

completing research in the next age?

Wayout Willie

I'm currently in EMA with 1 research remaining still leaving locked. Can I complete and unlock research in the next age (HMA) without automatically being promoted to HMA?

DevaCat

You can safely pay all the forge points for the HMA techs you can reach. But if you pay the coins, supplies, goods cost of just one, that will complete its research and launch you into HMA.

Lancer

I'm currently in EMA with 1 research remaining still leaving locked. Can I complete and unlock research in the next age (HMA) without automatically being promoted to HMA?

You can place the needed FPs on the first research item in the next age, and you won't be promoted to the next age bracket until you actually click on or select the "unlock now" tab. Once you have selected the "unlock now" tab in the next age, that is the exact time that you will "age up"

I had all of my HMA research items done and unlocked, and the entire first tier/column of LMA done (all FPs on) but not unlocked, and I was still considered as being in HMA. Only when I finally hit the unlock button on a LMA research item was I officially aged up to LMA.

I loved that, because I could have the first column of my new era all paid up and all my "ducks in a row" before being thrust forward.

Wayout Willie

I had all of my HMA research items done and unlocked, and the entire first tier/column of LMA done (all FPs on) but not unlocked, and I was still considered as being in HMA. Only when I finally hit the unlock button on a LMA research item was I officially aged up to LMA.

I loved that, because I could have the first column of my new era all paid up and all my "ducks in a row" before being thrust forward.
That is exactly my plan, but I wanted to contribute FP to Crossbow also before aging up, so I could hit the ground running with Crossbowman and Berserkers. But I'll have to wait on the crossbowman until after aging up.

Wayout Willie

You can place the needed FPs on the first research item in the next age, and you won't be promoted to the next age bracket until you actually click on or select the "unlock now" tab. Once you have selected the "unlock now" tab in the next age, that is the exact time that you will "age up"
Thank you, this clear it up. Don't unlock anything in the new age until your ready to age up.