• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Confusing rules that make recurring quests disappear

DeletedUser26481

I feel manipulated! I'm in HMA and haven't had recurring quests in many months. I recently learned that most other players have them and use to GREAT benefit. After reading many complicated forum posts about how the spots used for quests are allocated, it turns out because I cleared a province in the continent map, Garricton to be specific, it started a very long quest line and the slot that would usually have recurring quests is used up... never to return if I stay in HMA.

According to what I've read I can go up one level to LMA and somehow a new quest slot will open up and recurring quests will once again be available? I'm still not clear on how/when that happens.

How would ANY normal player ever know this bomb was going to drop and take away the recurring quest feature? I loved playing and staying in HMA... I've spent plenty of money over the last year or so and have enjoyed the open play style, but this has put a screeching halt to my enthusiasm!

I hope someone can tell me if a third quest slot will open up and I can once again do recurring quests now that I'm in LMA.

A permanent recurring quest slot would FIX this issue! UGH thanks

Brian

RazorbackPirate

I feel manipulated! I'm in HMA and haven't had recurring quests in many months. I recently learned that most other players have them and use to GREAT benefit. After reading many complicated forum posts about how the spots used for quests are allocated, it turns out because I cleared a province in the continent map, Garricton to be specific, it started a very long quest line and the slot that would usually have recurring quests is used up... never to return if I stay in HMA.

According to what I've read I can go up one level to LMA and somehow a new quest slot will open up and recurring quests will once again be available? I'm still not clear on how/when that happens.

How would ANY normal player ever know this bomb was going to drop and take away the recurring quest feature? I loved playing and staying in HMA... I've spent plenty of money over the last year or so and have enjoyed the open play style, but this has put a screeching halt to my enthusiasm!

I hope someone can tell me if a third quest slot will open up and I can once again do recurring quests now that I'm in LMA.

A permanent recurring quest slot would FIX this issue! UGH thanks

Brian
Eventually, you will complete the Bonus questline you've triggered and get the HMA recurring quests back. You can hardly argue that Inno intended for you to stay in HMA and push the map into the Indy Bonus provinces. I don't think a warning or a change of any sort is necessary.

DeletedUser26481

Eventually, you will complete the Bonus questline you've triggered and get the HMA recurring quests back. You can hardly argue that Inno intended for you to stay in HMA and push the map into the Indy Bonus provinces. I don't think a warning or a change of any sort is necessary.

That bonus quest that was unlocked after Garricton doesn't complete until near the end of the InA tech tree, so I'd be forced to advance 2 eras to free up that quest slot.

Apparently I get a recurring quest slot opened up at the end of the LMA Story quest line, at the beginning of the 24th quest called "The Damsel".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

One thing you sacrifice when you get so far ahead on the continent map is a recurring quest slot. Once you acquire Garringcton, it’s a long slog through that bonus Questline. This is why so many players refuse to acquire sectors and provinces except for major prizes. I’m sitting out the last quest in the current historical Questline because the prize just isn’t worth it to me.

DeletedUser32824

I was going to try and acquire some industrial provinces for expansions, and wasn't yet close to garrincton, but would have eventually gotten there. If I had of lost my 2 recurring quest slots in LMA I would have been really sad! Thanks for this post, you've helped a brother out! I'm sorry you don't have quest slots in HMA or LMA now :(

DeletedUser29623

There is a method for acquiring Garrincton and making your way through the Industrial Age bonus map without triggering the bonus quest, but I haven’t done it myself.

Salsuero

Someone who has figured out how to obtain the goods necessary to unlock sectors that far ahead should have already figured out that there are certain "locks" in the game. I'm in HMA and figured out long ago that there might be certain consequences to moving forward in one half of the game without following in the other half. Maybe it was just intellectual curiosity. You thought you could crash your way through the paper interior walls without eventually hitting a concrete foundational one. Sometimes you think paper walls sound too easy and there must be a catch, do the research, and find out you're right. And sometimes you kill your shoulder ramming into that concrete. Sounds like you've suffered the busted shoulder method. I'm sad to hear you no longer have access to recurring quests, but there's a lesson to be learned: do the research first if you want to avoid running into concrete!