• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Contest!! Tax Day 2016

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Celtic Witch

I want to know if I can deduct the cost of cleaning up the stench left from Industrial Age, since I had to produce FERTILIZER AND WHALE OIL at the same time. My whole city smelled like rotting fish on a sheep farm. I and I am quite sure I am going to have a few capital losses too, after Progressive Era... now I am making GASOLINE and EXPLOSIVES... Mrs. O'Leary lives nearby. I knew I should have built that water pumping station...

DeletedUser4770

ATTENTION: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to close the Contest early. The correct answer was shared in Guild Forums, etc and as such, the contest will be closed at this time 4/4 21:15 EDT. We apologize to those who took the time to play the contest as it was designed. (We also apologize to jaelis who took the time to design a really great contest.)

DeletedUser24441

I want to know if I can deduct the cost of cleaning up the stench left from Industrial Age, since I had to produce FERTILIZER AND WHALE OIL at the same time. My whole city smelled like rotting fish on a sheep farm. I and I am quite sure I am going to have a few capital losses too, after Progressive Era... now I am making GASOLINE and EXPLOSIVES... Mrs. O'Leary lives nearby. I knew I should have built that water pumping station...
I recommend you devalue the fair market value of your goods from that era so that you can qualify for the lifetime capital gains exemption. Then sell everything and retire comfortably.

DeletedUser25669

FOERS.png

As you know, April 15 is the day tax returns must be filed for most Americans. What you may not know is that Forge of Empires has a tax system too! But it has the much nicer feature that it only offers refunds, and never any withholding.

To get your refund prize, however, you must correctly fill out and submit your paperwork. The FOE1040A form is shown below. To submit it, follow the instructions and write down the values for each line. When you are done, send all ten values in a private forum message to jaelis. Answers are due (of course) at xxxx PM EST on April 1xx . Only the first submission for each player will be used.

ATTENTION: Due to cheating, we are having to close the Contest early. The correct answer was shared in Guild Forums, etc and as such, the contest will be closed at this time 4/4 21:15 EDT. We apologize to those who took the time to play the contest as it was designed. (We also apologize to jaelis who took the time to design a really great contest.)

Prizes:

Each player who provides the correct answers for lines 1 through 9 will receive 100 diamonds. In addition, every player who correctly answers lines 1 through 10 will be entered into a random drawing for 1000 diamonds!

Rules:

You are not allowed to post answers or instructions for where to find an answer, since that will spoil the game for everyone. Any such posts will be deleted and the poster will be disqualified from the contest, no matter where on the forum the information is posted. Answers must be submitted by private message to jaelis: click this link to open a message.

FAQ:

Do I get diamonds on all my worlds?
Your diamonds are shared between all your worlds, so they will be credited to your account and you can spend them where you like.

When will the diamonds be awarded?
After April 15. We are impressed with the response, it may take a little while to work through all the answers. So just like with the IRS, please be patient :)

Will you tell me if I got it right or wrong?
After the contest ends we will publish the correct answers.

How many messages can your mailbox hold? I don't know, I think that I may find out!

DeletedUser25669

thats crap I just spent a lot of time researching the answers and that sucks bad, right when I go to post my answers and thats not right to us

DeletedUser14889

wait, seriously? I just finished researching this and had the first 9 answered and was trying to figure this out and it's canceled?

I spent time on this, sending in reply anyway I expect some sort of reply

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25675

ATTENTION: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to close the Contest early. The correct answer was shared in Guild Forums, etc and as such, the contest will be closed at this time 4/4 21:15 EDT. We apologize to those who took the time to play the contest as it was designed. (We also apologize to jaelis who took the time to design a really great contest.)

Seriously I was just starting on #9 what a freaking waste of my time! I won't do that again!!!

DeletedUser25669

can you please take the post down off our message center?

DeletedUser25675

I hope you ban every single one of the cheaters and block them! They just ruined this for a lot of honest players!

DeletedUser13845

New

Seriously I was just starting on #9 what a freaking waste of my time! I won't do that again!!!

DeletedUser11727

That totally sucks! I was about to post my answers. Don't know what answer was shared but I know mine should be correct. :(
I agree - ban the cheaters. These are the people that always spoil things for others. Dam shame.