• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cruddy Silver and Gold Event Prizes.

Algona

Share cruddy Silver and Gold Prizes.

5 BPs as a Gold Prize is the worst I;ve seen so far.

Victory Tower as a Silver seems pretty awful.

SoI as a Gold? Not so good to me.

What you got?

DeletedUser26159

20 FP shouldn't be a gold prize IMO.
Victory towers should be changed to a daily with the medal spread out evenly, or have them boost medals from fighting, they are a VICTORY tower. BPs shouldn't even be prizes IMO I've got too many of em and the random quests, polishing, raiding, and GE give too much as it is.

qaccy

I think some of the prizes are what they are because of sequencing/theming. Sequence examples being a green prize is 1 BP/5 FP, silver is 2/10, gold is 5/20 (this does indicate that FP prizes scale worse than the BP prizes, however). A theming example is SoK is a gold prize, therefore all shrines are gold prizes. Premium/diamond buildings are gold prizes. I've noticed special buildings in general have all been at least silver, which to me makes sense since they're event-only, and some aren't 'worth' being gold (like the supplementary set buildings). The only exceptions I've seen to this are 1x1 decorations from previous events, which are green prizes.

All told though, through watching the wheel fairly often since the event's started I'll say that there's been a very diverse selection of prizes available. And at least there are no coin or supply rewards! You could argue that the boost potions are 'useless' as well, but a player willing to use them effectively will get far more use from those than a paltry one-time bonus.

DeletedUser25166

I think some of the prizes are what they are because of sequencing/theming. Sequence examples being a green prize is 1 BP/5 FP, silver is 2/10, gold is 5/20 (this does indicate that FP prizes scale worse than the BP prizes, however). A theming example is SoK is a gold prize, therefore all shrines are gold prizes. Premium/diamond buildings are gold prizes. I've noticed special buildings in general have all been at least silver, which to me makes sense since they're event-only, and some aren't 'worth' being gold (like the supplementary set buildings). The only exceptions I've seen to this are 1x1 decorations from previous events, which are green prizes.

All told though, through watching the wheel fairly often since the event's started I'll say that there's been a very diverse selection of prizes available. And at least there are no coin or supply rewards! You could argue that the boost potions are 'useless' as well, but a player willing to use them effectively will get far more use from those than a paltry one-time bonus.
I don't know what wheel you are watching there are supply rewards. And BP, and residential buildings, and Victory Towers

DeletedUser26532

BP as any form of reward.

Single tickets (IE, spin again) - what precisely is the point?

DeletedUser

I just "won" a drummer boy!! Now where is that delete a unit quest?

qaccy

I don't know what wheel you are watching there are supply rewards. And BP, and residential buildings, and Victory Towers

Straight up supplies? I'm not so sure. Supply BUILDINGS yes, but supplies that get added straight to your inventory no. Or if they're there, they're rare enough that I've seen them zero times compared to things that people are complaining about being 'too rare' like SoKs which I've already seen many times in not even the first week of the event.

DeletedUser25166

Straight up supplies? I'm not so sure. Supply BUILDINGS yes, but supplies that get added straight to your inventory no. Or if they're there, they're rare enough that I've seen them zero times compared to things that people are complaining about being 'too rare' like SoKs which I've already seen many times in not even the first week of the event.
I'm staring at straight up 180,000 supplies for CE neighborhood on wheel
I'm also looking at 90,000 coins. Again, I don't know what wheel you're watching.
Oh and a tiki totem to boot

DeletedUser28903

I was really surprised to see a 5 BP booby prize as a gold prize. But I was glad because that meant it could be inflicted only once from that wheel.

qaccy

I'm staring at straight up 180,000 supplies for CE neighborhood on wheel
I'm also looking at 90,000 coins. Again, I don't know what wheel you're watching.
Oh and a tiki totem to boot

If they actually exist as prizes, I'll stick to my statement that they're rare enough that I don't see it as a problem. I've still yet to personally see either one so far this year.

Anyway, something else we're all forgetting about in regards to this event is that all prizes are available all event long. Unlike other events with 'daily specials', you can save up your tickets to spend on any day you want. With the other events, you have to wait and hope that the prize you're looking for shows up on a day close to the end of the event (when you have a lot of attempts to use), and if it doesn't you're stuck on the last day with a bunch of tokens and being forced to spend them on junk. Or even if you did catch it near the end, you've still got at least a few days of 'worthless' currency that you're stuck spending just to get rid of it. Not the case with this event...SoKs and rogue hideouts and everything else can all show up at any time, from day 1 all the way to the very last day.

DeletedUser29563

I have seem coins and supplies in a new Bronze Age city that I'm toying with. I have not seen them in my other..more age advanced cities. So perhaps they..like many other prizes..are age specific.

DeletedUser29563

If they actually exist as prizes, I'll stick to my statement that they're rare enough that I don't see it as a problem. I've still yet to personally see either one so far this year.

Anyway, something else we're all forgetting about in regards to this event is that all prizes are available all event long. Unlike other events with 'daily specials', you can save up your tickets to spend on any day you want. With the other events, you have to wait and hope that the prize you're looking for shows up on a day close to the end of the event (when you have a lot of attempts to use), and if it doesn't you're stuck on the last day with a bunch of tokens and being forced to spend them on junk. Or even if you did catch it near the end, you've still got at least a few days of 'worthless' currency that you're stuck spending just to get rid of it. Not the case with this event...SoKs and rogue hideouts and everything else can all show up at any time, from day 1 all the way to the very last day.
Excellent point..

DeletedUser

I just won 60,000 Supplies. Progressive Era. Green Prize (4 per wheel).

Algona

Confirm Supplies. 90K Supplies Green Prize CE. Which is better then bad decos. I think. I'm pretty sure I have seen Coins, they are also wonderfully rare this Event.

Anyway, something else we're all forgetting about in regards to this event is that all prizes are available all event long.

Sure, same as previous Summer Events.which is what made those Events flipping awesome the ability to have multiple wheels with 4x Good prizes.

DeletedUser29563

One of the worst events in two years. Total money grab
You are the 5th experienced player that I have heard that from. I wasn't playing last time so I don't have anything to compare it to. But have heard that said several times.

Mustapha00

I'd agree that the supplies and coins are better than the BPs, Decorations and Portraits because I can use the coins and supplies to advance the repeatable Quests.