• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

PJS299

My strat for Feudal Japan is really bad, but:

You wait and get a lot of coins and a lot of soy.
You get all possible expansions, and continue till you have enough soy to last you through the settlement.
You get a gallery and research some stuff.
You then basically get however many goods you need of each good, and then finish the settlement.

I don't feel like explaining it super well, so maybe later.

SomePlayer5000

my experience in each cultural settlement and any repeated be like:
start a new cultural settlement, hoping to finally progress further
place down a few buildings, end up pretty much playing tetris to get a decent starting
check back in twice over the next 2 days
completely abandons the settlement to focus on my main game instead

PJS299

Not the most efficient, but it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-02 23.06.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 23.06.25.png
    569.8 KB · Views: 12
Since suggestions are closed, I guess I'll add mine here. On Egyptian settlement battles, there should be an indicator like they used to have in one of the events from a few years back, where they tell you your chances of winning with the matchup you've selected against the opponent you are facing. I think it was a soccer event where they did that, when there was a tournament thing where you could select which of your players you wanted to go against an opposing lineup and play a match against them. Ordinarily, I would not need this for a battle because I could tell from the troop types and the fighting bonus alignments approximately what my chances are, but since these factors are completely irrelevant in Egyptians and no fight result ever makes any sense whatsoever based on that information, there should be SOME way to tell. It would help a lot to have an indicator telling me that, yes, even though I have the opponent outnumbered 8 to 5 and all my units have bonuses against all of their units and none of theirs have bonuses against mine, I am still 90% likely to lose the fight if I attack them. That way I don't waste a day's worth of recruiting troops only to fight a futile battle where my advantage should be overwhelming but for absolutely no possible reason I lose. OK, there is one possible reason, but since Inno isn't going to fix that, then please just tell me when the battle AI programming is going to make zero sense. At least in this one instance.

Pericles the Lion

Since suggestions are closed, I guess I'll add mine here. On Egyptian settlement battles, there should be an indicator like they used to have in one of the events from a few years back, where they tell you your chances of winning with the matchup you've selected against the opponent you are facing. I think it was a soccer event where they did that, when there was a tournament thing where you could select which of your players you wanted to go against an opposing lineup and play a match against them. Ordinarily, I would not need this for a battle because I could tell from the troop types and the fighting bonus alignments approximately what my chances are, but since these factors are completely irrelevant in Egyptians and no fight result ever makes any sense whatsoever based on that information, there should be SOME way to tell. It would help a lot to have an indicator telling me that, yes, even though I have the opponent outnumbered 8 to 5 and all my units have bonuses against all of their units and none of theirs have bonuses against mine, I am still 90% likely to lose the fight if I attack them. That way I don't waste a day's worth of recruiting troops only to fight a futile battle where my advantage should be overwhelming but for absolutely no possible reason I lose. OK, there is one possible reason, but since Inno isn't going to fix that, then please just tell me when the battle AI programming is going to make zero sense. At least in this one instance.
Yeah, this is DNSL.

My advice is to use 8 Nubian Archers for all fights. The easy and medium battles are not a problem. Only do the hard battles when they have several Elephants and/or Khopesh fighters. Do not do them when they are heavy with Chariots combined with Camels. Pay attention to terrain bonuses. Have 2 Nubian Archer barracks. 10 Archers are enough to get from day to day.

The earlier settlements were all "quicker" than the most recent Polynesia addition; I'll eventually get it done but it's a bit of a pain.
Uh-oh. The only previous settlement that I would even consider using the word "quick" to describe is maybe Feudal Japan. The rest are all long-term pains in the neck, and Egyptians is downright torture due to the battle AI making zero sense whatsoever. If Polynesian is more of a pain than those, then it's bad news for sure.

PJS299

Well I was planning on doing Egypt, but not anymore lol…

I abandoned settlements, but now I am doing them again. I was only halfway through Japan, but now I only need to finish it two more times. Haven't done any other settlement, not sure which I should do next.

I wanted more QI defense (Why I wanted to do Egypt) but turns out Egypt is way too difficult. I might still just do Egypt because I'll have to do it eventually... Any recommendations?

Sharmon the Impaler

I abandoned settlements, but now I am doing them again. I was only halfway through Japan, but now I only need to finish it two more times. Haven't done any other settlement, not sure which I should do next.

I wanted more QI defense (Why I wanted to do Egypt) but turns out Egypt is way too difficult. I might still just do Egypt because I'll have to do it eventually... Any recommendations?
Do Egypt , The Bathhouse is the most powerful Settlement building.

jaymoney23456

Japan is really easy and the quickest to finish. Also, the most enjoyable imo. The Aztec isn't bad either imo. Viking is ok but not great. Worst 2 are egyptian and Mughal. I am a couple away from being done with Mughal. Last run through I let it sit for a couple months before abandoning it because I found it irritating. Last time I worked on a Egyptian playthrough I did the same thing lol

PJS299

Do Egypt , The Bathhouse is the most powerful Settlement building.
Japan is really easy and the quickest to finish. Also, the most enjoyable imo. The Aztec isn't bad either imo. Viking is ok but not great. Worst 2 are egyptian and Mughal. I am a couple away from being done with Mughal. Last run through I let it sit for a couple months before abandoning it because I found it irritating. Last time I worked on a Egyptian playthrough I did the same thing lol
Kind of inefficient, but maybe I'll do one or two egypt, then viking, then egypt, then viking etc.

Flynn013

I found Egypt to be easy to complete once I figured it out. Have two Nubian archers and you can autobattle the first two fights each day. This gives you plenty of loot to keep going. On my first playthrough of Mughal and it is very slow going.