• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cut time/cost on rearranging cities

DeletedUser30900

Damn, see wt you guys did, that guy had potential to be another tuck..... such a loss

DeletedUser34548

Many thanks to the several who noted how to delete city/world without deleting entire account.

Obviously, nothing will be salvaged from Armageddon, so it's not done lightly. But I do see value in dropping an effort irretrievably ruined... and this may happen.

Armed with this resort I also see value in a radical test city launched only to yield info.

DeletedUser15539

I'm not sure how a player could find his city irretrievably ruined. No matter how bad you mess up, time can heal just about any error in judgement in FOE.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how a player could find his city irretrievably ruined. No matter how bad you mess up, time can heal just about any error in judgement in FOE.
I can tell you from experience that this is not true. I have deleted every building, including GBs, from a city. Spent all the coins on FPs. Donated all Iron Age and above goods to a guild's Treasury. Then later tried to restart it from scratch, except it was in Colonial Age or above. With no GBs, no goods, no coins, it is very hard to get that going again, especially if you did this all before the Tavern was introduced, so you have to try to get that up to speed, too. Now, I doubt too many players have done that.

Darth Mole

I can tell you from experience that this is not true. I have deleted every building, including GBs, from a city. Spent all the coins on FPs. Donated all Iron Age and above goods to a guild's Treasury. Then later tried to restart it from scratch, except it was in Colonial Age or above. With no GBs, no goods, no coins, it is very hard to get that going again, especially if you did this all before the Tavern was introduced, so you have to try to get that up to speed, too. Now, I doubt too many players have done that.
That's the sort of monumental destruction you do just the once.

Salsuero

Technically @Hogustus was right because he said it only takes time -- perhaps the ultimate currency in this game -- to rebuild. With enough time, it is possible. You can click aid on your hood to generate coins. With enough coins, you can buy some production buildings and generate supplies. More time will get you to a point where you can start to work on those goods again. FPs are free hourly, so that's also just a matter of time. Now... would anyone want to spend their time doing this? That's super doubtful, although it's certainly a challenge that might be worth it for someone who has grown bored, but isn't yet ready to leave the game entirely.

DeletedUser40777

At some point in the game- and that "point" can come at pretty much any time in the game after, say, Iron Age, depending on play style- you'll have more coins (with a possible exception- more on that momentarily) and supplies than you know what to do with.

In my earliest-Age city- Colonial- I've got over 20 million coins and 14 million supplies. And I'm just a piker compared to other players who actually have some idea of what they're doing. On other worlds, I'm at over 200 million of each and, again, that is doing nothing special in order to maximize my output. I'm sure there are tricks that I could employ to produce even more, but, really, at some point you have to wonder how much is enough.

Coins can be an exception. Coins can be used to buy Forge Points, with the price increasing with every point you purchase. That being the case, I could see the need to produce ever more coins if you're going to go that route. From reading posts from players that employ that strategery, it does work, and it does give them a good deal more flexibility as to how to progress because they have more FP than others do merely from buildings, relics, etc. I can't offer firsthand knowledge because I've not tried it.

On my first world in this game, I gave in to the temptation to speed through the early Ages in order to see what the game had to offer. I didn't pay much attention to things like Great Buildings, city defense, etc.; only advancing as rapidly as I could through the tech trees to get to the next Age...and then the next Age...and then th.... As a result, by the time I hit...Progressive, maybe?- I think I had only two or three GBs (one of which was Tower of Babel!), none of which were over level 4 or so, and word got out in my neighborhood that I was an easy mark for attackers. And I paid the price. Based upon that personal experience, there is just no way that I can encourage speeding through the Ages. The frustration that comes from being in deep over your head makes hitting the delete button all too attractive.
Exactly my error in my first city. I didn’t even notice the GBs at first and constantly struggled for coins and supplies, forget about trying to gather FPs, diamonds and medals. I was in CA when in a different ‘world’ I joined a guild that is still filling in all the things I failed to do in my older city. No one in the guild is much higher than LM or CA, but are very successful in battles, have stockpiles of goods, diamonds etc.and lots of GBs well beyond their Age.

DeletedUser40777

I’ve been in LMA for quite awhile while trying to build GBs and gather goods. My only issues at the moment are (1) becoming unable to compete on the Continent Map against higher age units (usually with significant boosts) and (2) being unable to acquire the goods needed to build GBs from higher ages.
In the case of the first issue, I have built up boosts to units of 80% and utilize temporary boosts when I can. Still get crushed most of the time. With regard to trading for goods of higher ages - no joy. If anyone has advice - please let me know. Willing to trade 4 - 1 but it won’t let me.
Aside from those issues, I definitely recommend camping out until you have a stronger position.

The Lady Redneck

I have 7 cities from Iron Age to Future Era. I am only short of coin/supplies for the first couple of weeks at the most. The thing I find that keeps me poor when first starting a city is the unbirthday quest where you are mostly paying out more than you get in. So I do not do that RQ at all until I have about 250,000 each of coin and supplies. which is always before I complete Iron Age.

But then again I never but never rush through the ages. I never move up until I have at least 500 of each of the goods for the new Era and have the first row of Techs for the new Era filled with FPs. Plus enough FP packs to let me open at least a further half dozen techs. The time I sit building that up lets me gain more coin and supplies that I will ever use.
In my newest Iron Age world (have not done the Military Tactics tech yet. I have over 2 million of both coin and supplies. in my most advanced (Furture Era._ I have 1.5 G coin and 1 G supplies.

How can it cost you to re-arrange your city? All you are doing is moving roads and buildings.

Malaime

I have 7 cities from Iron Age to Future Era. I am only short of coin/supplies for the first couple of weeks at the most. The thing I find that keeps me poor when first starting a city is the unbirthday quest where you are mostly paying out more than you get in. So I do not do that RQ at all until I have about 250,000 each of coin and supplies. which is always before I complete Iron Age.

But then again I never but never rush through the ages. I never move up until I have at least 500 of each of the goods for the new Era and have the first row of Techs for the new Era filled with FPs. Plus enough FP packs to let me open at least a further half dozen techs. The time I sit building that up lets me gain more coin and supplies that I will ever use.
In my newest Iron Age world (have not done the Military Tactics tech yet. I have over 2 million of both coin and supplies. in my most advanced (Furture Era._ I have 1.5 G coin and 1 G supplies.

How can it cost you to re-arrange your city? All you are doing is moving roads and buildings.

I am new to the game (first few days) & am reading to learn the logistics & strategy. First, thank you for your explanation of your advancement tactic. It is very helpful! I just advanced to IA & see the detriment of doing so without the wherewithal to build to the current age right away.

I have learned to add FPs to the first row of Research for the next age; but, how do you save FPs beyond the 10 that is allowed in the bar? I did have 14 at one point because of an award, but had to spend some in order to get my hourly allotment. What are FP packs? How do you get them?

DevaCat

Welcome to the Forum!

You can get FP packs by doing recurring quests (RQs) as they are one possible reward. You can also save up fps by contributing enough of your own fps to other players' GBs to secure a reward position -- if the position pays fps, those would go into your bank.

Malaime

Welcome to the Forum!

You can get FP packs by doing recurring quests (RQs) as they are one possible reward. You can also save up fps by contributing enough of your own fps to other players' GBs to secure a reward position -- if the position pays fps, those would go into your bank.

Thank you!!!

The Lady Redneck

Also if you do GE and GBG you can win FPs. So it is good to build a Temple of Relics GB. As that allows you the chance of more FPs in GE. they will go onto your Bar. But if you then go through each member of your Hood and look at their GBs you will find some where you can lock in a spot that makes you a profit on your investment. Once the owner levels that GB those FPs will them go into your inventory as FP packs. which you can save up for when you need them. Or if you can put enough on to level the GB and still make a profit, those FPs go into your inventory right away.

Malaime

Also if you do GE and GBG you can win FPs. So it is good to build a Temple of Relics GB. As that allows you the chance of more FPs in GE. they will go onto your Bar. But if you then go through each member of your Hood and look at their GBs you will find some where you can lock in a spot that makes you a profit on your investment. Once the owner levels that GB those FPs will them go into your inventory as FP packs. which you can save up for when you need them. Or if you can put enough on to level the GB and still make a profit, those FPs go into your inventory right away.

I need to build up before being able to participate in GE & GBG (?). I think I advanced to IA before I should have. Lesson learned.

Ha! Ha! Someone got a good deal from my Oracle GB. A friend added 14 FPs to my GB. I added all but the last FP as I needed to put them somewhere (didn't have the ability to donate, yet) & it had 4 hours before payout for the day & I was going to wait for it. Someone added the last one. Guess they got whatever the 2nd level donation provided. Now I have a better understanding of how that works.

After considerable reading, I'm going to camp out on IA until I can gather more of what I'll need & try to get the BPs for the GBs.

Thanks for the tips!!!

Malaime

When you say IA do you mean Iron Age or Industrial Age? If you are in Iron Age and have not yet opened the Military tactics Tech do not do so. As you cannot be attacked or plundered so can sit there for as long as it takes and gain strength and get the GBs you need

Iron Age. Wow! Ok, thanks!