• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser25166

I agree with SL, your choice is not to do them.
My issue is the 2 months behind I am, I would like compensation like they did for Oracle. I did not get any for that fiasco, but have sat and watched people post their 2 month rewards.
And between Events and this, I truly feel like Forge of Blacksmiths.

Salsuero

I would like compensation like they did for Oracle.

They never compensated me for what they did to my Oracle, despite a support ticket and a successful proposal here in these forums having earned much more than half of the vote in favor of restoring the level costs and modifying the rewards. I don't expect they will do anything, but I made my point to them, so... it's a tiny victory if nothing else.

DeletedUser25166

They never compensated me for what they did to my Oracle, despite a support ticket and a successful proposal here in these forums having earned much more than half of the vote in favor of restoring the level costs and modifying the rewards. I don't expect they will do anything, but I made my point to them, so... it's a tiny victory if nothing else.
People got 1-2 free levels added to their GBs

DeletedUser31498

He meant the huge nerf to the existing OoDs, and each level basically doubled I think in cost. Makes leveling it a total waste of FPs.

babsy57

The DC's are ok but I would prefer that the left chest had a chance to give one or more quests that are combat involved.

While I would prefer that the right chest had zero chance to give any combat quests.

Before everyone go off on my let be clear some of us players see this game as a City Building / Management game NOT a combat game so it would be nice to just be allowed to pick a guaranteed non-combat reward chest and then get however many quests I need to do for the random reward.
I think it is a good idea. I am not much of a fighter. This might be something you might want to consider submitting as a formal Proposal?
Inno has pushed me 3 ages because of quests and now I get a D.C. that says acquire 4 sectors ! Stop with the continent Requirements ! 4 sectors ? REALLY ?
Agree!!!

DeletedUser7202

Funny enough, the Winter Event Wuest the day of DC release is to either Scout a Province or Complete GE Level 3. Gonna be a rough few weeks.

Notes to remember from Beta thread readings:
Acquiring Sectors/Provinces will only appear as a task if you have Sectors/Provinces scouted and ready to fight/negotiate. Plan Scouting and conquering provinces in a timely manner, I suggest using Alternates for Scouting when made available to avoid opening unwanted Sectors so the task does not appear on the DC list.

Completing GE (should) make those related tasks not appear as well. Not sure if this was given, or if it was figured by players with no clear answer given.

Researches will never appear as a task, don’t even begin to think about whining about that, they already fixed that well early in the testing phase.

Productions: YES! DC’s are going to ask for a lot of variant productions. If you do not have Production buildings you will still get these Tasks! According to Devs the amount of productions asked for DOES NOT correlate to the number of production buildings you have. Get ready to dedicate a small portion of your land space to Blacksmiths, unless you are a Quester in HMA/CA you probably won’t have near enough to complete the tasks in less than a day. No, Inno will not change it, in fact I think whining about it made things worse for players.

The rewards are NOT imbalanced. If you feel you are being cheated on rewards you need to record your winning and compare what you have received over a long period of time. Guild members of mine have done nearly every single DC since the trial on Live began, and they have received numourous Special and Event Buildings, along with 100’s (if not 1000’s) of fps, along with other rewards such as Unattached Troops, Special Barracks, Medals, Coins, and Supplies.

Yes, it will suck when yourbdaily choice of Chest is between unattached Drummers you don’t want, and Coin Packages you don’t need. Pick your poison, finish (or skip) your tasks, and collect (or don’t) your counter token to the Challenger’s Reward Chest.

A HUGE reminder to everyone out there! This feature is meant to CHALLENGE (Note that Challenge is in the title of the feature, remember that when you complain it’s too difficult) us as a player to complete the tasks at hand for chances to win great prizes. Yes, “crap” rewards are a possibility. Deal with them, or don’t do the DC’s. It is not a required feature (as is nothing else in this game). Don’t like it? Don’t do it! Simple as that.

And with that, to everyone who has been dying to get a taste of DCs, get your Production buildings warmed up, don’t do ANY actions until after you see what tasks are at hand that day (thisbcaused my guildies to miss a few days simply because they collected their Tavern before DC started, and do remember you can change the start time to coincide with your game play. I would recommend to set it to a time that you will be able to both finish the previous days DC tasks and begin work on the next days.

Hope everyone has fun, and good luck getting the rewards you want ^_^

DeletedUser32692

If Inno is payng attention to any feedback on the DC's for the most part I like them and the potential rewards you can get. My only real complaint is that the tavern silver requirements should either be much lower or removed all together. It have completed all of the daily quest so far with the exception of a few that required 2+ full tavern collections (16 seats filled all upgrades). Even with the 140ish potential tavern sitters that I have it is still too much of a crap shoot to have that be a DC task since so much of succeeding at that task is dependent on other people. The DC is meant to challenge the player and as such should revolve around things fully within the player's control which tavern patronage is not.

RoseDragon71

Let me see if I have this straight.
Day 1: I complete the challenge - Yay! +1 point to the big treasure.
Day 2: I don't accept a challenge for reasons (don't like prize choices, not able to play that day, etc) - BOo! -1 point to the big treasure?

I can see losing a point if you attempted, but failed, the challenge... but the way it seems is I'd lose a point for not even accepting the quest.

DeletedUser

Let me see if I have this straight.
Day 1: I complete the challenge - Yay! +1 point to the big treasure.
Day 2: I don't accept a challenge for reasons (don't like prize choices, not able to play that day, etc) - BOo! -1 point to the big treasure?

I can see losing a point if you attempted, but failed, the challenge... but the way it seems is I'd lose a point for not even accepting the quest.
Sad, but true. This is why I always choose a challenge, even if I don't like either prize chest. FoE is for those that play the long game, not the short one. :)

DeletedUser31440

If Inno is payng attention to any feedback on the DC's for the most part I like them and the potential rewards you can get. My only real complaint is that the tavern silver requirements should either be much lower or removed all together. It have completed all of the daily quest so far with the exception of a few that required 2+ full tavern collections (16 seats filled all upgrades). Even with the 140ish potential tavern sitters that I have it is still too much of a crap shoot to have that be a DC task since so much of succeeding at that task is dependent on other people. The DC is meant to challenge the player and as such should revolve around things fully within the player's control which tavern patronage is not.

If you're on the browser version of the game you can look at a weeks worth of events and filter by event type. Make an Excel sheet with all of your friends listed, and a column for each day, filter history by tavern events, mark when someone visited that day, have a summation column and filter high to low, drop all friends that haven't been visiting your tavern and make new friends who will.

DeletedUser32692

If you're on the browser version of the game you can look at a weeks worth of events and filter by event type. Make an Excel sheet with all of your friends listed, and a column for each day, filter history by tavern events, mark when someone visited that day, have a summation column and filter high to low, drop all friends that haven't been visiting your tavern and make new friends who will.

Yeah and I have started doing just that but that doesn't solve the overall issue I have with tavern silver being a DC quest component which is that completing those tasks are largely out of your control. Sure there are things that can be done to try and increase the chance to make it but it still is largely dependant on other people.

DeletedUser31440

Yeah and I have started doing just that but that doesn't solve the overall issue I have with tavern silver being a DC quest component which is that completing those tasks are largely out of your control. Sure there are things that can be done to try and increase the chance to make it but it still is largely dependant on other people.

Maybe I've just been getting lucky, but between 5 worlds that I'm playing I've never had an issue with the collect tavern silver portion of a daily challenge. I understand what you're saying on it being dependent on other players, but since you can control who has access to your tavern and can see their activity levels I find it hard to believe that a well managed friend's list would ever have trouble collecting a few thousand tavern silver a day.

DeletedUser32692

Some days yeah 2 or more full tavern collections within the 24 hr window is no problem other days it is. Every time that I have had a high tavern silver task in DC though seems to be the days I have problems.

Because there have to be spots for people to sit if I happen to get busy when my tavern fills then that is time that people might be trying to sit and can't. Once I clear the tavern though there is no guarentee that those people that couldn't sit will circle back around in time to sit before the 24 hrs runs out. I clear out pretty regularly but collecting 3500 silver quests have gotten me every time in DC so far. Maybe it is just a function of it being around the holidays when everyone (myself included) may be more busy so less tavern sitting and clearing is getting done, but I still am not a fan of that particular quest type in DC.

DeletedUser29623

Today I accepted the 30 FP challenge in both of my cities. One I fulfilled without thinking about it and one there's just no way I can do: Win battles in the GE by fighting. Even if I did fight, my understanding is that Level 3, where I arrived this morning, is formidable. But at any rate I'm not interested in any fight I can't win by auto battle. I have yet to fail to beat any challenge I've tried for, but I have bailed out on a few because of the combat requirements.

It's OK, though, because the one time I managed to rack up 7 wins in a row, of course I got literally the only big prize I have no use for whatsoever--the Rogue's Hideout. You can make it there and still end up with what feels like bupkis.

I think the only way to approach this is fatalistically. You take a shot at the challenge when it's something you can use, and if it's got requirements you can't or won't fulfill, so be it; you might not have won that prize anyway. Every so often you'll get to the Challenger's Chest but even that could be a disappointment, so take it as it comes.

The one thing I'd hesitate to do is try for a prize that could give me a motivation kit. That would just be too cruel.

DeletedUser31440

Haven't tried this yet, curious to see if anyone else has and if it works.

Put all my happiness providers in the city so that I can disconnect them from the Town Hall by deleting a single tile of road. Select new Daily Challenge and rebuild the missing road to reconnect the happiness buildings. Or is there a simpler way to achieve this?

DeletedUser32389

Haven't tried this yet, curious to see if anyone else has and if it works.

Put all my happiness providers in the city so that I can disconnect them from the Town Hall by deleting a single tile of road. Select new Daily Challenge and rebuild the missing road to reconnect the happiness buildings. Or is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Tried it, does not work. What does work is using all those faces of the ancient (or whatever happy buildings you have stored away)
I delete some two-lane and then fill it with happy buildings. You have to let them complete building, then you can delete and repeat. The happiness gained counts toward your goal as long as the building finishes construction. I gained 10k happiness for a DC the other day by building and destroying over 100 TE security cameras (1x1 decoration)

DeletedUser31440

Tried it, does not work. What does work is using all those faces of the ancient (or whatever happy buildings you have stored away)
I delete some two-lane and then fill it with happy buildings. You have to let them complete building, then you can delete and repeat. The happiness gained counts toward your goal as long as the building finishes construction. I gained 10k happiness for a DC the other day by building and destroying over 100 TE security cameras (1x1 decoration)

I've been deleting and rebuilding roads, was hoping for a quicker and easier method though.

Freshmeboy

Interesting idea..let us know if it works. I know deleting population creates happiness so that is a strat but very original Oz. Myself, I am in the FotA and GotSG camp...seems the Temple Gods have a way of making sure I never run out of these dandy gifts..