• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

Ta 152H

Ah event quests. From my point of view the diamonds won from event quests are rather insignificant. A 5% chance at 60 diamonds is piddling compared to GE. Additionally, most diamond farms are camped, of which a popular age is IA due to ease of completing GE. Considering that, it becomes more difficult and time consuming to complete event quests due to the progression objectives (where alternatives to progression objectives are often exceedingly cumbersome).

The purpose of the attack GBs/Alcatraz is indeed to auto-battle through GE. For me the most important aspects of a diamond farm are minimal time and maximum diamonds. The diamonds from a CF will never out perform those obtained from GE (unless you've stratosphered the CF, which isn't realistic for a diamond farm IMO). However, you've convinced me that it's probably worth it to build a CF in place of whatever WW I'd have. It'd probably be after I'm capable of auto-battling the entirety of GE though.

In any case I agree on the excessive time consuming nature of diamonds farms. That's why I place the importance of the 4 GBs in question significantly higher than the Seed Vault and Chateau. I don't want to spend more than a couple of minutes on each farm.

The point is not instead of, it's in addition to. After you can do L4 GE, attack buildings aren't going to increase your diamond production. You may as well get a Chat, because it's going to help. How much depends on how many quests you do, and how much you level it, and 7% multiplied by a good sized event, and a very high level Chat can be quite considerable. And let's say you just stop and jack that thing up and up, and reach Level 100 (many have passed this), you're getting 140 per hit. If you go to Level 150, which is admittedly not easy, you're getting 190. So, if you just stop advancing, there's no reason you can't jack this up a lot provided you find a way to get blueprints, which shouldn't be too hard.

I think getting a CF is easy on a DF, since where are you putting your FP anyway? If you're not advancing, you probably have FP you don't need anywhere else after a period of time, and where better to put it than the CF? Maybe the Seed Vault, but you don't like it either. On a city you're advancing with, the FPs have other sources.

I actually advanced past IA though, because I wanted space for more buildings. But, it's all about how much time you want to spend, and obviously mine was too much since I deleted the account because I was spending too much time. You have to measure the increased difficulty of GE versus the benefits, and since I don't have much experience using auto deep into GE, I can't comment on whether it's worth it or not.

Ta 152H

And where exactly did I claim to be an ineffective fighter? So you now admit you have no clue what you are talking about, cause you simply do not know how effective a lvl 70 AO is? :eek:

You wish :D

Buddy, you could not catch a hippo when it was right in front of you. I am not wrong. I am just way beyond what you can understand, based on progress in the game. Don't feel bad about that. You know what you know and will learn along the way.

Yes. Effective is not to use it when the alternative option is much better. You can have a car, but when all you need to do is cross the road, walking is a much better option.:rolleyes:

I just stated it is less effective when it comes to GE in OF and that is a fact. Apart from that I really don't care what you believe. Your tantrums are rather funny. :D

No, I admit you have no clue what you're talking about, so you have to keep changing what you say, because even you know how clueless it is. But it takes you a while.

I have had high level AOs, I deleted my account, I no longer do. Can you follow this?

Your constantly trying to change the argument and dissembling shows how little you really understand. And no, I wouldn't try to catch a hippo right in front of me. In case you didn't know, they can easily kill you, and if they wanted to run, they run a whole lot faster than we can, despite their appearance. Again you show your lack of knowledge and understanding. At least you're consistent.

The alternative for you is better, because you have no idea how to use OF units. So, we're back to the first argument. First it's not effective, then it's effective and I don't know how to work without it and thus don't have skill, then it's not effective, because older age troops (which are generally weaker) are more effective for most battles, despite not getting the critical hit boost. Good grief, do you have any idea of what you're talking about? Any? Have you even played this game? Are you able to keep a coherent and consistent position? I already know the answers to most of these questions, do you?

Ta 152H

I can follow it, why do I have to believe it?

Your comprehensive reading is causing the argument to change. Not my doing.

Thanks again for your amazing knowledge. How on earth could I have used this methaphore. Would an elephant be better, or is that still to dangerous? How about a cow?

It is better cause it works better. I have tried. Did you? Probably not and it really bugs you.

Thieves always believe everyone else steals.

No, your dissembling and weaseling is causing the argument to change. First you say, rather nonsensically, that older units without AO work better than OF units with. The only way that works is if you're so inept, you can't use OF units effectively. And that's the crux of it. With your limited understanding of the game, I'm sure sticking to what you've done is comfortable, but that doesn't make it better. But, then, you said my using an AO was because I didn't have the skill to go without it. So, which is it? It's a crutch for people that don't have skill, or it's rather worthless? Can you make up your mind? Are you really not able to understand what you're writing?

I assume you use that metaphor because of your lack of knowledge on the subject. That's consistent with other things I've seen you write. Go with the cow. And elephant would be better in terms of danger, since they aren't quite as foul tempered, but how the heck would I catch it? I'd need some pretty potent gear. Stick with the cow. If you have any other questions you need me to help you with so you don't embarrass yourself, just let me know, I'll be glad to help.

DeletedUser32973

The point is not instead of, it's in addition to. After you can do L4 GE, attack buildings aren't going to increase your diamond production. You may as well get a Chat, because it's going to help. How much depends on how many quests you do, and how much you level it, and 7% multiplied by a good sized event, and a very high level Chat can be quite considerable. And let's say you just stop and jack that thing up and up, and reach Level 100 (many have passed this), you're getting 140 per hit. If you go to Level 150, which is admittedly not easy, you're getting 190. So, if you just stop advancing, there's no reason you can't jack this up a lot provided you find a way to get blueprints, which shouldn't be too hard.

I think getting a CF is easy on a DF, since where are you putting your FP anyway? If you're not advancing, you probably have FP you don't need anywhere else after a period of time, and where better to put it than the CF? Maybe the Seed Vault, but you don't like it either. On a city you're advancing with, the FPs have other sources.

I actually advanced past IA though, because I wanted space for more buildings. But, it's all about how much time you want to spend, and obviously mine was too much since I deleted the account because I was spending too much time. You have to measure the increased difficulty of GE versus the benefits, and since I don't have much experience using auto deep into GE, I can't comment on whether it's worth it or not.

I didn't disagree with building the Chat/Vault. All I was saying was I value the attack GBs higher than Chat/Vault, not that I don't like them. I just put priority on the attack GB's and Alcatraz until I can reliably auto battle GE. But ya, after that, might as well burn FP on the Chateau. I don't foresee stratosphering either the vault or chateau on a diamond farm though. Perhaps someone more dedicated than me would.

I'd rather be able to auto-battle GE in IA than get more space by moving on. Maybe it's viable in later ages to auto-battle, but I wouldn't bet on it without a lot of work. TBH I'm spending way too much time on my diamond farms even now. My atk/def boost is just barely enough to get through all of GE by fighting, but not good enough to auto. I just can't resist nabbing those diamonds (made 2k this week).

What do any of the last several posts have to do with "Daily Challenges Feedback"?

It's the FoE forums. Mudslinging is always relevant.

Ta 152H

I didn't disagree with building the Chat/Vault. All I was saying was I value the attack GBs higher than Chat/Vault, not that I don't like them. I just put priority on the attack GB's and Alcatraz until I can reliably auto battle GE. But ya, after that, might as well burn FP on the Chateau. I don't foresee stratosphering either the vault or chateau on a diamond farm though. Perhaps someone more dedicated than me would.

I'd rather be able to auto-battle GE in IA than get more space by moving on. Maybe it's viable in later ages to auto-battle, but I wouldn't bet on it without a lot of work. TBH I'm spending way too much time on my diamond farms even now. My atk/def boost is just barely enough to get through all of GE by fighting, but not good enough to auto. I just can't resist nabbing those diamonds (made 2k this week).

It's the FoE forums. Mudslinging is always relevant.

To be sure, the first thing I did on Z is get to GE, and then my #1 priority was to be able to finish L4 without excessive cost.

CF is definitely secondary to that. But, now, I have no issues completing L4 GE with minimal (maybe three units for the whole thing, if that), so I pretty much ignore the attack buildings since moving them up doesn't do much for me (I let CdM level itself), and that's where other buildings come into play.

But yeah, start with GE, because if you don't, you're also going to have more trouble with DC if you can't easily defeat the units there.

DeletedUser26965

Sooooo, what does everybody think about about the DAILY CHALLENGES not taking away a "point" if you miss one?
I'm thinking they did that because DC's weren't getting as much player activity as they hoped for. When DC's we first implemented if you missed it reset back to 0, so yes if you had 6 done and didn't do the 7th, back to 0 you went. Later they went to the -1 thing and months after it being on Live they changed it to no penalty. So now at least it's more encouraging to give them a try because you know you won't be losing progress so that may provide the incentive for more players to do them. But of course this is just pure speculation on my part.

Ta 152H

Wrong comparison. You should have said thieves always throw their loot away and other thieves believe that.

They do. Have you ever tried to actually have a opinion that is based on something?

You can. It is your limited understanding of the game that can not get to grasp with it that it is actually possible. You probably also missed that you could kill anything ages up with Rail Guns, till they fixed that.

You deleted an acount with an high AO. That is really something to believe. Not like you can look it up and of course it is totally normal to delete something you put a lot of effort in and then to continue as a much lesser player. Not that it is what you are all along.

You are really funny. No matter what animal or insect I use, you would just talk and annoy it to death :D

How's your Mahajara's Palace?

No, your first remark is typically inane and was not what I was trying to say. I'd explain it, but I fear you wouldn't quite get it anyway, Jethro.

Yes, I try lots of stuff. Do you ever have an opinion based on anything true, or is everything based on made up information and low-grade thinking?

And you are not just realizing what a dumb remark you made about the rail guns, or do I have to spell it out? They did modify it, but even then, it did not take into account the AO. So, while it is possible one unit from a previous age is overpowering for a period of time, it does not follow that they leave it like that, and that most units of that age are so superior, they overpower the next with an AO at L70. Sorry, try that nonsense on someone that actually believes you have some idea of the game. You don't. I'm having serious doubts you even made it to OF with such remarks, even though doing so is merely persistence, and not skill.

You'd have to have a personal life, to realize why I deleted. If you had the understanding of the game, you'd see I have an account on the forum from 2013, and my only city is on Z, which started in November of 2017. So, put two plus two together, Jethro, and do some ciphering, and you can figure it out. Well, maybe you can't, but I'll make it easier. It was taking up too much time, because I had too many cities (mainly diamond farms, but even they were properly made), and I realized what was happening. It's hard to walk away when you can walk back, so deleting was the correct approach, and I'm glad I did. And no, it didn't take much effort, it's a game, and it's easy to play. If it's requiring effort on your part, well, then again, for you it probably does. Time was my main enemy.

One day you may meet a man or woman, and have less time for the game, and then you'll have to evaluate whether it's become too invasive of your time. With one city, which is what I have now, it's not. When I had like 11 (that's one more than 10, Jethro), it wasn't a distraction anymore, and I made the right choice. One day you may stumble onto making a right choice and understand, but until then, you'll just have to keep do the little math equation I gave you. Then again, it's clear you'll come to the right result there either ...

Ta 152H

I totally understand. Giving these longwinded arguments on the forum and disagreeing with everyone, must be way to much for you to actually have time to play the game in a serious way,.

So what did it for you? Got a gerbil that you fell madly in love with? Hope it isn't the jealous type, or you have to start answering people in just a couple of sentences. That will probably lead you right to a shrink.

Pot calling the kettle black? How many posts have you made today and yesterday? This is my first today, and I'm pretty sure you do over five for every one I make. And none of them are pleasant, rodent man.

"Games in a serious way". You summed it up right there. It shows you don't have importance in other areas, which a healthy, functional human being should have. This is why you spend all day here, making multiple posts, fighting with everyone. You need to start putting more effort into your real life, and stop trying to live it through a game. It's seductive, but it's also unhealthy, and once you get past that, you'll know it was the right thing to do. But, taking the first step is hard.

And stay away from the gerbils. It's perverse. Stay away from trying to catch Hippos. It's hard to find them, and they're really dangerous.

Let me know if you need any other help in your life. But, let's focus on real life social relationships so you don't spend all day fighting with people over a game, or considering a game "serious". It's easy to fall into that trap, but it is a trap. And it's also just a game. Keep that perspective.

Ta 152H

@TA152H I can put in 50 posts and still use less words than you in one, but sloppy is right. This has nothing to do with the topic anymore and is annoying others, so I will be the bigger man and no longer respond to you in this thread.

Annoying others is all you do, and all you seem capable of. Why would that ever bother you? Or maybe you're being disingenuous, because if that were your real intent, you wouldn't have created a post announcing it so you'd somehow look good. You just wouldn't have responded. Yeah, caught again ...

DeletedUser31882

Off topic

No good, I can't maneuver!

Off topic

We're too close!

Off topic

Loosen up!

Off topic

*Lazers, explosions, @m9silent12 's cool avatar thingie and this YouTube video*

Need a mod in here to delete all the posts that don't have anything to do with DC's.

Well... Something happened? A lot of literal off topic posts coupled with other posts, that are off topic.

On Topic:

Can we eliminate the 5 & 15 min productions for DC tasks? I mean, I do them, but other than a face-palm time-gate disincentive to doing DCs, I'm not sure if their challenge is meaningful. I figure the 1,4 & 8hr productions can stay as they keep the spirit of 'have X free production buildings' alive and probably have a higher chance of capturing diamond spending compared to the 5 & 15 minute productions. Maybe keep the 5-15 minute ones to players in lower ages? Or have we beaten that poor donkey enough? *shrugs*

DeletedUser30900

It’s really funny to see that guy edited all his post try to cover his trail:p in a horrible way:0