• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Defeat this Large Army daily quest

DeletedUser35475

If it was just a comparison of boosts you wouldn't need to actually battle it out right?

DeletedUser35830

I would say if the troops were close to the same, and I had 75 attack and 50 attack defense and the opposing army had 10 attack that the one with 10 should in every circumstance lose.

Salsuero

I would say if the troops were close to the same, and I had 75 attack and 50 attack defense and the opposing army had 10 attack that the one with 10 should in every circumstance lose.

What does "close to the same" mean to you? Why not use superior troops instead of troops that are "close to the same" and see how much better you fare?

DeletedUser35475

You should but it's not a guarantee. Anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!:)

DeletedUser35830

You should but it's not a guarantee. Anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
you are right about that but then that negates the theory that building and learning matters at all. The battles must be consistent to a degree to learn and shouldn't there be a benefit to adding buildings that improve your might. I don't need to win every battle, but I know when I got Robbed!

DeletedUser35475

You should but it's not a guarantee. Anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
you are right about that but then that negates the theory that building and learning matters at all. The battles must be consistent to a degree to learn and shouldn't there be a benefit to adding buildings that improve your might. I don't need to win every battle, but I know when I got Robbed!

Every now and then you roll snake eyes when you need a 7. At least nobody got hurt :cool:

centaurgod

If your at Colonial era or higher, your 3 attack GB's should be at level 10 or better, depending on how many extra sets of prints you can get. If you are below Colonial, I cannot suggest any real viable options. With the 3 GB's @10 or better you have a starting base of +90 A/D. With any special buildings you might be able to get another few points. You can also use a boost potion, or a boost from the tavern or both. I'm only now in Progressive and have +127 A/D, and its a coin toss to beat the 2 by 8 waves. Look to see what you have to go up against and select the right/best attackers for that mix.

Triopoly Champion

If your at Colonial era or higher, your 3 attack GB's should be at level 10 or better, depending on how many extra sets of prints you can get. If you are below Colonial, I cannot suggest any real viable options. With the 3 GB's @10 or better you have a starting base of +90 A/D.
I'm in Colonial and have Zeus: 8, CoA: 8, CdM: 9, I can battle-win GE encounter #57 which is the 9th in level 4, but some of my friends cannot pull out the victory with the higher boosts of triple 9.

The defense of my attacking army is only 75% boosted, but I can conquer the 80% boosted enemies in CA GE encounter #56, but I like to use 1 CA Champion + 7 Rogues more frequently than 1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues or 1 Ranger + 7 Rogues, that maybe why I get the higher performance. Since the AI units are programmed poorer with the fast units, they seem to have the harder times dealing with my fast units.

The real key is don't advance to Industrial without the triple 10s when the Champions are no longer stronger there.

Triopoly Champion

Inno showing us how to play lol, my attack is over 70, my attack defense is over 50 and I matched the best I could for being attacked by a 2nd army, spent about 70 diamonds after the first wave and still lost, for coins that are worthless if you have the might to beat this army! The only reason I tried was to get closer to the 7th daily pay out. This game play is strickly a ruse to get us spending diamonds, I'll pass on the next one!
Interestingly, this very large army I just got had the exactly same combinations and boosts from Colonial GE encounter #50(level 4).
Forge of Empires - Defeat This Very Large Army 1.jpg
Forge of Empires - Defeat This Very Large Army 2.jpg

Not very large to me -
Forge of Empires - Defeat This Very Large Army 3.jpg

Last edited:

Salsuero

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just recycled directly from GE encounters. It makes the most sense to have you beat armies that exist in GE as those are the ones that they can already fine-tune to a specific player as an algorithm. No sense reinventing the wheel if it isn't necessary.

DeletedUser26120

what do ppl do after the 3 attack GBs are level 10? I just got there, and now not really sure how to proceed to get my attack up.
Contestant's Estate was how I gained another 45% attack. Getting good amount of medals and coins from them too.

I'm camping in Contemporary until I get Terracotta and get it to 10 then I'll move up with minimum of 110% defense when attacking. Learned my lesson from V world, 90% isn't enough.

As for topic, defeat armies in quests are amazing - would much rather get those than production or spend goods to treasury.

DeletedUser15539

I didn't advance into Contemporary until my attack strength was at +220%, and I won't advance into Tomorrow until I top 300%.
What can I say? I like being able to win all 64 in GE every week by fighting, and to collect goods and diamonds.

DeletedUser35966

I think, that like event quests, there should be an "OR" option for "defeat this very large army" dailies. That way those who wish to fight and are good at it may, those who don't have enough army yet (ie: newly levelled) have an option to do something else. And vice-versa - there should be an option for the farming ones for those who hate to farm ... like donate gulld mats instead ...

Jern2017

Daily Challenges should be challenging. If you can't defeat the army, you just skip one day in the Daily Challenge. Not a big deal, since you don't even lose a day in the progress bar like you used to.

I'll take the "defeat this large army" quest over the tedious "complete 55 5 minute productions" anytime. If I deem the reward isn't worth it, I don't do them.

Salsuero

I think, that like event quests, there should be an "OR" option for "defeat this very large army" dailies.

That way those who wish to fight and are good at it may

So the people who don't find it at all challenging do it...

those who don't have enough army yet (ie: newly levelled) have an option to do something else.

And those who do find it to be a challenge don't have to do it.

So if I understand correctly, make it so it's not a daily challenge for anyone?

Agent327

I think, that like event quests, there should be an "OR" option for "defeat this very large army" dailies. That way those who wish to fight and are good at it may, those who don't have enough army yet (ie: newly levelled) have an option to do something else. And vice-versa - there should be an option for the farming ones for those who hate to farm ... like donate gulld mats instead ...

It is a challenge, not a give-away!

DeletedUser36077

I ran into 140% bonus all tanks in ME. That seemed a bit extreme to me.