• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Defeat this Large Army daily quest

DeletedUser

What does that even mean? What hole? Or is that just an internet snarky argument catch all thing that can be used against anyone saying anything. Damn, why can people just converse for christ sake. I'll say white and you'll continue to say black no matter what because why not, then you'll say agree to disagree then we can move on with our lives.
It means that your argument doesn't hold water and you're making statements and comparisons that aren't logically sound. (As @Salsuero pointed out above.) So the more you stick with them and try to "explain" them better, the more likely it is that people will see the holes in them.

DeletedUser26965

It means that your argument doesn't hold water and you're making statements and comparisons that aren't logically sound. (As @Salsuero pointed out above.) So the more you stick with them and try to "explain" them better, the more likely it is that people will see the holes in them.
Okay, sure, cuz you can't say that about any argument ever lol.

DeletedUser35831

A) It's not out of line. Do you think the task calling for dozens of 5 minute productions is doable for someone who uses mostly event/special buildings? I get that task on my CE world and I just skip DC for that day because I only have a handful of production buildings. But I don't come here declaring that the task is "impossible", or whining because my choices have made it not worth doing.

Building some blacksmiths isn't exactly the same investment as having all military GB's at a significant level - usually much higher than anyone actually progressing would have.

Like I said, the required commitment to that one area of the game is out of line with all other DC challenges. Especially for lower age players.

DeletedUser

Building some blacksmiths isn't exactly the same investment as having all military GB's at a significant level - usually much higher than anyone actually progressing would have.
A) You have to have vacant space to build the Blacksmiths, so do you leave a significant portion of your city unproductive except for these challenges, or do you store/sell buildings to make room for the Blacksmiths? Either way, it's not as simple as just "building some Blacksmiths".
B) Boosts for these armies are lower in the lower ages, and the military GBs start being available almost immediately. Getting a Zeus to level 10 is easily doable in the natural course of playing by at least EMA, if not sooner. The CoA is also available fairly early, especially if you are in a guild and able to get BPs/FPs through swaps. Level that to 5 and with the Zeus you have 45% attack boost. Plenty of boost to win most GE/DC battles through the early ages.
Like I said, the required commitment to that one area of the game is out of line with all other DC challenges. Especially for lower age players.
As I just pointed out, not out of line at all. Start with your Zeus, get it to level 10 and the CoA to level 5 by EMA. Then work on adding a level each age to those as well as obtaining and leveling the CdM. Keep your troops up to date as you advance. All easy to do without making an all-out commitment to the military aspect of the game. Now, just because you don't want to do that very easy thing, or you didn't do it and are currently behind where you should be, you want Inno to dumb down the quests. Y'all just make me shake my head. Must have been raised on T-ball instead of real baseball.

DeletedUser35831

As I just pointed out, not out of line at all. Start with your Zeus, get it to level 10 and the CoA to level 5 by EMA. Then work on adding a level each age to those as well as obtaining and leveling the CdM. Keep your troops up to date as you advance. All easy to do without making an all-out commitment to the military aspect of the game.

You say it's not out of line and then talk about having multiple GB's - one of them at least level 10 - in early ages just to handle this one challenge.

What other daily challenge requires THAT level of commitment to one thing in order for a lower age player to complete it? Collect tavern silver? Goods? Productions? Pay supplies?

That's the very definition of being "out of line" with the other challenges. You can say that you don't mind that, but don't sit there and pretend that any other challenge has anywhere near the same requirements.

Now, just because you don't want to do that very easy thing, or you didn't do it and are currently behind where you should be, you want Inno to dumb down the quests. Y'all just make me shake my head. Must have been raised on T-ball instead of real baseball.

Yes, yes, you're very smart and awesome, we know. Truly, lets judge people based on their opinions about a browser video game, that'll be productive.

DeletedUser31440

You say it's not out of line and then talk about having multiple GB's - one of them at least level 10 - in early ages just to handle this one challenge.

Iron Age boost on the very large army is 5% if I remember right, you don't need any of the military GB's for it, it'd probably require diamonds, but it's doable. If you have rogues and a 15% boost you should be able to win easily. I think 2 of each wave are rogues so you most likely could go through it with catapults, just using tavern and potion attack boosts.

If you've gotten to a later age/era and haven't developed any military GB's then you dug that hole yourself. If you want to do the daily challenge without missing any then you should adjust your city accordingly. It's just another part of the game that you need to plan for if you want to be successful at it. It's also a clever way for Inno to push a more balanced gameplay. I think strict farmers have trouble realizing that if you also build up your military abilities you can handle the lower goods production with relative ease because your going to be spending so much less of them. So there's an initial hesitation to doing anything military related in their cities which is why threads like this pop up too often.

DeletedUser35831

Iron Age boost on the very large army is 5% if I remember right, you don't need any of the military GB's for it, it'd probably require diamonds, but it's doable. If you have rogues and a 15% boost you should be able to win easily. I think 2 of each wave are rogues so you most likely could go through it with catapults, just using tavern and potion attack boosts.

If you've gotten to a later age/era and haven't developed any military GB's then you dug that hole yourself. If you want to do the daily challenge without missing any then you should adjust your city accordingly. It's just another part of the game that you need to plan for if you want to be successful at it. It's also a clever way for Inno to push a more balanced gameplay. I think strict farmers have trouble realizing that if you also build up your military abilities you can handle the lower goods production with relative ease because your going to be spending so much less of them. So there's an initial hesitation to doing anything military related in their cities which is why threads like this pop up too often.

Rogues and 15% boost is more than most anyone is gonna have in Iron Age. :O

But regardless, the point isn't that it's "impossible", it's that it requires FAR more investment in one area of the game than ANY other daily challenge. It's not even about completely ignoring military, even if you're doing "some military, some trade" you'll still come up short on "Very Large Army" unless you've been camping in that age for a long time.

Every other daily challenge is pretty doable regardless of how you play. Collect tavern silver, gather goods, pay coins, win some battles, visit taverns, spend forge points, and so on. All pretty simple stuff that anyone can do no matter how they build their city. Certainly no GB requirements or diamond purchases.

"Very Large Army" is a significant outlier in this regard, that's all my point is. If you're ok with that, then that's fine. It's people claiming that it's NOT different that seems absurd to me because it absolutely is.

DeletedUser31440

Rogues and 15% boost is more than most anyone is gonna have in Iron Age. :O

There were two other options not requiring military GB's for IA, please don't deliberately misquote me.

DeletedUser35831

There were two other options not requiring military GB's for IA, please don't deliberately misquote me.

Yes, you also mentioned diamonds.

Regardless, the point remains. It's a huge outlier compared to other daily challenges. That's all. If people can't even agree on that, then I don't even know if we're speaking the same language. :D

DeletedUser35831

Since there is no penalty to skip the challenge that you are not able to do, what is the issue?

I cant do 22 8 hour challenge, I just skip it...whats the beef here?

I don't necessarily have an issue with skipping a challenge for some reason (I skip "donate 120 goods" often enough). Especially when it's a judgment call on the part of the player to skip it.

My only issue is having one challenge that's just so significantly out of line with the rest for much of the playerbase. I'm sure most people posting here are so advanced that VLA is probably actually easier than other challenges, but for most players it's a default "Not getting DC done today" if they're not overwhelmingly focused on military.

DeletedUser31440

Yes, you also mentioned diamonds.

Regardless, the point remains. It's a huge outlier compared to other daily challenges. That's all. If people can't even agree on that, then I don't even know if we're speaking the same language. :D

Ok, let's try this again.

If you have rogues and a 15% boost you should be able to win easily.

So believe it or not, there are steps between impossible to do and being done easily. I'm not going to lay them all out, mostly because I don't know them all, but also it shouldn't be necessary.

Edited: removed probably, I definitely don't know them all.

BruteForceAttack

I don't necessarily have an issue with skipping a challenge for some reason (I skip "donate 120 goods" often enough). Especially when it's a judgment call on the part of the player to skip it.

My only issue is having one challenge that's just so significantly out of line with the rest for much of the playerbase. I'm sure most people posting here are so advanced that VLA is probably actually easier than other challenges, but for most players it's a default "Not getting DC done today" if they're not overwhelmingly focused on military.

How do you define out of line?

I cant do 22 or whatever 8hr production or for that matter 55 5 min production

Give me battle any day please.....

I dont complain about DC either.....it is just part of game get on with it.

AND There is no penalty for skipping. SO GET OFF YOUR farmer-ville attitude and play along.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

I cant do 22 8 hour challenge
Sure you can, you just chose to use the space for something else and are willing to accept the consequences of that regarding DC tasks. I think the issue is now whether or not we can give any feedback on DC tasks. I mean if the default response is they can be skipped then no one can complain ever about any task and that's fine with me I can live with that but I better not see anyone who says that ever say a thing about tasks then lol.

BruteForceAttack

Sure you can, you just chose to use the space for something else and are willing to accept the consequences of that regarding DC tasks. I think the issue is now whether or not we can give any feedback on DC tasks. I mean if the default response is they can be skipped then no one can complain ever about any task and that's fine with me I can live with that but I better not see anyone who says that ever say a thing about tasks then lol.

Sure you can beat the army too.. just work your city lazy city builder

DeletedUser26965

Sure you can beat the army too.. just work your city lazy city builder
See now that's the other thing that comes up, you can do x if you do a,b,c etc. Which is true again for any task, so bring back all the ones that were removed and reduced, add 100 more tasks for all I care, maybe you'll get to that challengers chest once a year:D

BruteForceAttack

See now that's the other thing that comes up, you can do x if you do a,b,c etc. Which is true again for any task, so bring back all the ones that were removed and reduced add 100 more tasks for all I care, maybe you'll get to that challengers chest once a year:D

Hey it is simple...you can make a choice

You can fight or not fight

You can do farmville or not it is up to you

Don't complain about the choices you have to make and live with it.

DeletedUser26965

Don't complain about the choices you have to make and live with it.
Sure, well, except that they ask for feedback and make changes based on that feedback so maybe not so simple as that. I mean why ask for feedback and expect people to not give feedback at the same time, doesn't make much sense to do that.

DeletedUser26965

Oh well this is not a feedback thread....it is someone complaining that they cannot fight.
meh, just splitting hairs, yeah people who post new threads could go and dig up the feedback thread, but really it's not completely necessary or else why have any other section. After all it was not mentioned in any update to give feedback on and the old DC feedback thread didn't have these tasks so, yeah, there's that, again lol.