• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleting Great buildings with others Fps on it.

Shamanu

This is my last hope of somehow getting this straightened out. The game developers that allowed A Gb to be deleted with Fps on them allowed this to happen, I find this to be unfair to any players that have been investing in GBs to let this happen. It simply should not be allowed to happen in the first place. Just like you can not delete a residential building because you have to few residing in the city. I would like to see this change made it would hurt no one and keep this from happening again.

RazorbackPirate

I understand the sting when this happens as a new player. I hated it when it happened to me early on.

Now, those lost FPs are a rounding error and the loss taught me to be more careful about when and where I 'invest'.

I put invest in quotes because investing is not what you're doing. Donating is what you're doing. Once you put your FPs on another's GB, they cease to be yours. They belong to the owner of the GB who is now free to do with them what they want, including deleting the GB you donated to.

When I deleted my Oracle way back when, there we a couple of players who never got a reward for their donation. FPs I never asked them to donate. I certainly wasn't going to add hundreds of FPs of my own to finish the level of a GB I was going to delete.

My GB, I decide. In no way should I be obligated to finish a level to return FPs donated by another without solicitation or agreement.

Shamanu

Assumptions aside, This was a Level 8 Arc and it was deleted by so called accident in which Inno Helped him rebuild but did nothing to replace the award I would have got off locking P1. I am losing faith in both players nd the game itself when I can not trust either to do right.

MarktheMagnificent

Assumptions aside, This was a Level 8 Arc and it was deleted by so called accident in which Inno Helped him rebuild but did nothing to replace the award I would have got off locking P1. I am losing faith in both players nd the game itself when I can not trust either to do right.
I am not here to rattle your cage, but I do think that you are overreacting somewhat. The guy made a mistake and it just happened to cost you a few forge points. This is a game, not life and death. Relax, shrug your shoulders and laugh with the bloke about it. Life's far too short and precious to waste it stressing out about a computer game, and a free-to-play one at that.

icarusethan

Every time people delete their GBs to “ teach me a lesson” just make me feel extremely happy, but I guess it’s not the case here.

Dominator - X

This is my last hope of somehow getting this straightened out. The game developers that allowed A Gb to be deleted with Fps on them allowed this to happen, I find this to be unfair to any players that have been investing in GBs to let this happen. It simply should not be allowed to happen in the first place. Just like you can not delete a residential building because you have to few residing in the city. I would like to see this change made it would hurt no one and keep this from happening again.
You have to consider your contribution of FP's as a gift. Just as is the case with any other gift, the receiver can do what ever they want with that gift. The gift is not yours to control. Most of the time, that gift will bring you rewards, but sometimes, it brings you nothing.

In the situation you mention, I would have to ask if this were a friend or guild-mate who solicited your contribution or was it solely of your doing. If it were a friend or guild-mate who solicited it, you may want to work with them to be made whole, especially if they did it on accident. However, there is no guarantee. We call it a contribution for a reason. Once you contribute FP's they are no longer yours. I have an entire page of GB's that I have contributed to, that are well over 6 months old. 1 of them well over a year and a half from an ex guild-mate. Most are skillful contributions (some call that sniping, but sniping is so broad a term) to neighbors. Regardless, I realize the "risk" when I contribute. Once they are out of my bank or bar, they are no longer in my control.

It bites what happened to you, but it is part of the game. I had a guy delete an Arc (on purpose) in the 30's just to spite me for locking in P1 at lower than he wanted. It sukked, but I got over it and can now laugh at it and have a great story to share with others. This will pass and you will have greater challenges than this, trust me.

Hope it works out for you.

wolfhoundtoo

Keep in mind had the player quit your FPs would still be sitting in his Arc until his account was deleted. Obviously you feel like you've been unfairly treated but Inno is consistent in how they handle such matters which is as 'fair' as it gets. Sometimes you simply lose out just as you would of if you'd hadn't locked your place in the GB as someone could of over bid you for 1st.

Take a break from the game for a week or two and then decide if this is worth leaving the game over.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This is my last hope of somehow getting this straightened out.
Not sure how you think random players are going to straighten it out for you when the developers won't. And I deleted all my residential buildings in my city years ago, not sure why you don't think you can, you just need to have enough available population, and there are other (and better) sources for population than residential buildings.

As to stopping people from deleting their great buildings when there are donations on it not hurting anyone, you are wrong. Razorback stated one specific case above perfectly.

Lancer

[/I put invest in quotes because investing is not what you're doing. Donating is what you're doing. Once you put your FPs on another's GB, they cease to be yours. They belong to the owner of the GB who is now free to do with them what they want, including deleting the GB you donated to.]

My thoughts exactly! This is spot on.

Emberguard

When you spend Forge Points they're gone forever because they've already served their purpose. You don't get back the same Forge Points. You get contribution rewards generated upon the Great Building being leveled up while the contribution itself remains on the Great Building. If the Great Building was deleted then sorry, but it didn't level up so the conditions in which the reward gets given out were never met. It's no different from if the Great Building never leveled up or if someone bumped you off of the contribution spot. The reward is only yours if you won the spot at the time of the Great Building leveling