• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamond Farming proggress

WinnerGR

I can complete GE in 20 minutes. Once a week is fine if you can sufficiently set up the city. Main problem would be medals for the attempts but you can get those with a Arc and Victory Towers.
What age are you in and all 4 levels or 1 level . I completed L1 this week in 2 days.

Emberguard

All 64 encouters

Currently Colonial and I know it was 20 minutes because I was racing someone to see who could do it faster. The reason we were racing was I had done it in 40 minutes the week prior when first entering ColAge and they wanted to see if they could beat me.

When I was in Iron Age I was doing it within the hr, but not timing it too closely. However Iron Age wouldn't need as many medals to do it. Back then it cost about 15k medals. By ColA it takes more then 200k medals.

Last edited:

WinnerGR

All 64 encouters

Currently Colonial and I know it was 20 minutes because I was racing someone to see who could do it faster. When I was in Iron Age I was doing it within the hr, but not timing it too closely. However Iron Age wouldn't need as many medals to do it. Back then it cost about 15k medals. By ColA it takes more then 200k medals.
Seriously in IA it took you one hour in IA I completed level 1 GE in a week.

Emberguard

I'm serious. Your skill to pick units on Auto-Battle and working out negotiation combo's will determine how long it takes you. At the moment I'm able to do only fights upto Lvl 4 and then negotiate the rest. But I used to do partial negotiation of lvls 2 and 3.

If you're doing a lot of negotiating then you also need to decide, are you going to spend diamonds for a 5th turn -OR- do you prefer to abort when you run out of turns and try again? 'cause that'll effect time and cost as well

You can easily get more diamonds from GE by completing more encounters then it costs to buy the 5th turn, but you might value keeping the diamonds and re-doing the turn more then saving on time

Emberguard

Just a note here, Iron Age has a pretty big advantage for GE if you're only logging in once a week. Bronze age sticks are very efficient in both time to train and effectiveness.

With only a Lvl 10 Zeus if you put down between two and four spearfighter barracks you can use 8 spearmen at a time to fight the majority of Lvl 1 GE and certain combinations in Lvl 2. I say 2-4 buildings just to speed up the recruitment time inbetween encounters. Extra buildings also means you can rotate out the injured troops for fresh ones and have them fully recovered by the time you rotate back to the injured troops.

This'll save your Iron Age troops from getting injured until you really need them. If you're only logging in once a week you'll have a limited amount of attached troops in each building due to not coming back to train a full batch of troops. Bring in the CoA, CDM and Rogues coupled with Iron Age troops (colourguard would even be a decent choice for IrA) and you'll get a bit further.

Just depends on what you want to do with your city and how much time you're willing to put in on that once a week log in.

Here's a screenshot of one of my younger cities that I barely log into.
unknown.png
Only bothered with completing two events on it. When I do log into it I generally complete Lvl 2 in about 15-30 minutes. If I bothered to build it up more I could get rid of the housing and get further in GE. But I haven't been aiming to get further in GE for this particular city.

Given the setup I could also work out how many supplies I need and then delete some of the production buildings to replace with as many unit buildings as I can support whenever I'm not doing events

Last edited:

Woody*

I like to stop/pause my diamond farms in ages that are easy to do GE fighting (and daily quest fighting, event quest fighting, etc). Colonial, CE, and FE are the best. Eventually, you can take all your diamond farms to FE for the extra space and super easy GE

The Lady Redneck

What the heck did I just stumble back into?
I think it is some sort of skewed parallel universe.
All 64 encouters
I like your idea of a race. Sounds like fun. Congratz on 20 minutes. I have cities in IA, Indy, PE, CE and FE. Have (when called for) done all 64 in an hour in all of them. And in IA and PE got that time down to half an hour on a couple of occasions.

But to get back OT. I have WW in all my cities. Not one of those cities can by any stretch of logic or imagination be termed a Diamond Farm, Diamond mine or WW farm. They are all ongoing developments that I am working on to improve and support the amount of involvement I want in PvP, GE, GBG and GvG. 2 of those cities will eventually become DFs. To say a city with 1 WW is a DF is like saying a farm with one cow is a Dairy Farm. No amount of waffle will make it so.

WinnerGR

Today I just collected 50 diamonds from a main city WW which brings me to a total of 54 diamonds what should I spend them on?

Woody*

Today I just collected 50 diamonds from a main city WW which brings me to a total of 54 diamonds what should I spend them on?

Here is an excerpt from my diamond guide:

Here are my recommendations for what to spend diamonds on:
  • Expansions – The BEST use of diamonds by far!! There are 2 expansions available per age that can only be obtained by spending diamonds. The first 2 cost 200 diamonds, then the cost escalates. At least 44 expansions can be bought with diamonds (the cost escalates up to 1800 diamonds as of 4/15/20). Buy as many as you can afford. For the exact costs of each expansion, follow this link: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion
  • Extra negotiation turns in GE - This is not the Extra Turn you can buy from tavern silver, but you should buy that one first. Then consider spending diamonds for ONE MORE turn if you know you will get the answer on that 5th turn, and the expected diamond reward exceeds the 10-diamond cost, and/or if you are really short on goods or short on time to complete encounters before a tavern boost runs out or the weekly GE timer runs out).
  • Event currencies - Occasionally I recommend spending diamonds on event currency (i.e. if you needed 10 more “tickets” to get a special building and the event timer is about to run out). The Hanami Bridge is a good example of a worthy building to spend diamonds to get.
    • Most people reading this will already have a Rogue Hideout, but if not, getting one should be the first priority for all players that do any fighting, and you may want more, but only one is necessary to have game-changing effects when paired with an Alcatraz.
  • Rogue Hideout production slots - great for players that fight a lot and don’t have a very large stockpile of unattached rogues from Alcatraz, etc.
  • If Inno brings back map exploration quests, speeding those map explorations during events can be worth the diamonds, but it’s best to plan ahead and have a pre-scouted sector ready instead (you want to send your scout, but then avoid opening the continent map until you are on the event quest that requires you to scout a sector).
I don’t usually recommend spending diamonds on these, but if you have the diamonds to spend, consider these:
  • 8 Extra Attempts in GE – if you are in a big hurry to finish (i.e. before the GE-week ends, or before going on vacation, or the guild is in a race to 133.3%), this is an alternative to buying attempts with medals. Medals are much easier to obtain, so I only recommend this alternative if you are out of medals AND you either can’t generate them yourself (i.e. using repeatable quests) or your guild can’t set you up to win some from GB prizes.
  • The last blueprint for a GB you really, really want (a good guild will help you get blueprints cheaply)
  • Premium Cultural buildings – these are much better than premium houses or supply buildings (they have more staying power as you level up, and more effectiveness per square when camping). However, if you are PE and below and need more happiness, I recommend leveling your Alcatraz instead.
  • Arc goods, but only if you are 100% opposed to spending FPs to get them (but this is VERY! Expensive)
  • Reviving a dead special troop (i.e. the only Champion you have in an age), or troop from an age above you (that you can win from quests and/or advancing on the continent map)
  • Premium Supply buildings
  • Premium Houses – but only if you are camping in an age for months (but even then I recommend getting an Inno Tower instead)
  • Second tavern boost. The second tavern boost costs 50 diamonds every time you want a 2nd boost active. Even a diamond-rich player will rarely want to use this (possibly to complete time-sensitive event quests).
  • Changing crew members at your harbor (for promethium and orichalcum).
  • The Collect All feature – I actually do this one every day, it’s nice when you have a big town with a lot of collections (and diamond farms and GE winnings can easily cover the costs)
Never use diamonds for the following (unless you have money to burn):
buy goods, healing current aged troops, FP for tech tree or GB donations

Last edited:

Woody*

I should add a discussion on settlements. I definitely spend diamonds there. The short version for Egypt is that I spend to remove impediments.

WinnerGR

I should add a discussion on settlements. I definitely spend diamonds there. The short version for Egypt is that I spend to remove impediments.
So I have 2 options :

1)Save up for an expansion
2)Remove an impediment in Egypt

Which should I do , i do not really need either.