• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamond Farming proggress

Mustapha00

To ask perhaps the most basic question on this topic, just how are we defining a "Diamond Farm"?

I have my own preconceived notion, but it seems that the definition is becoming somewhat more broad than mine.

UBERhelp1

Well I disagrees with that as I have 2 DFs each with 1 WW in it and there sole purpose is to collect diamonds but because they have not produced any diamonds yet I do not classifie it a DF now.

So these are my definitions( all of them follow what @Emberguard as well as what I have written ):

1. A city WWs in BA------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A too be DF
  2. A city no WWs in IA that completes L1 GE weekly or a city with 3-5 WWs--------------------------A new basic DF
  3. A city that is in IA with 5 WW and completes L1 GE weekly--------------------------------------------A basic DF
  4. A city in IA with 10-15 WWS or completes L2 GE weekly with-----------------------------------------An advancing DF
  5. A city in IA with 15-20 WWs and completes L2 GE weekly with the ToR-----------------------------A ToR and L2 in GE DF
  6. A city in IA with 20-30 WWs and completes L2 GE weekly with the ToR on at least level 10----An ok DF
  7. A city in EMA with an average diamond income of 200 or more---------------------------------------A proper DF
  8. A city in any age with a BG and 60 wishing wells or just 120 without the BG-----------------------A great advanced DF

Some DFs will fall into no category so they are custom DFs or if you have a DF that runs on GbG then a GbG DF
Why complicate the definition? A diamond farm doesn't need to be producing diamonds yet to classify as one; that's like planting a field with corn and saying it isn't a cornfield because the plants haven't yielded corn yet. Additionally, why should it matter which age a diamond farm is in to measure its value? The only reason to age up a diamond farm is to get more land.

Agent327

Well I disagrees with that as I have 2 DFs each with 1 WW in it and there sole purpose is to collect diamonds but because they have not produced any diamonds yet I do not classifie it a DF now.

So these are my definitions( all of them follow what @Emberguard as well as what I have written ):

1. A city WWs in BA------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A too be DF
  2. A city no WWs in IA that completes L1 GE weekly or a city with 3-5 WWs--------------------------A new basic DF
  3. A city that is in IA with 5 WW and completes L1 GE weekly--------------------------------------------A basic DF
  4. A city in IA with 10-15 WWS or completes L2 GE weekly with-----------------------------------------An advancing DF
  5. A city in IA with 15-20 WWs and completes L2 GE weekly with the ToR-----------------------------A ToR and L2 in GE DF
  6. A city in IA with 20-30 WWs and completes L2 GE weekly with the ToR on at least level 10----An ok DF
  7. A city in EMA with an average diamond income of 200 or more---------------------------------------A proper DF
  8. A city in any age with a BG and 60 wishing wells or just 120 without the BG-----------------------A great advanced DF

Some DFs will fall into no category so they are custom DFs or if you have a DF that runs on GbG then a GbG DF

Totally bonkers.

You really do not know what you are talking about.

Agent327

That was posted because I was influenced by agent and now influenced by you to go back to my own opinion.
So thank you uber for helping me get my opinion back .

I hate to tell you this, but you do not have an opinion. Like a parrot you just repeat what others say. If I tell you the world is flat, your opinion will be that the world is flat. If Uber tells you it is round your opinion will be the world is round. If someone else tells you the world does not exist your opinion will be the world does not exist.

That's the value of your opinion.

Emberguard

If you’re calling it a wishing well farm then yes it has to have wishing wells.

If you’re calling it a diamond farm then it needs to be focusing on diamond gains. Otherwise it’s just another city that happens to make diamonds through the course of the game

DeletedUser

You are the one who told me that DFs had to have more WWs in them than mine to beproper so you influenced me
You really should stop posting so much without learning to think for yourself. Saying that a DF city with only one WW isn't much of a DF does not equate with that ridiculous table you came up with. At most it would classify your city as a DF in progress. (Unless you think it's done, in which case you really need to find a good guild somewhere that has some players who can teach you the game.)

If you’re calling it a wishing well farm then yes it has to have wishing wells.

If you’re calling it a diamond farm then it needs to be focusing on diamond gains. Otherwise it’s just another city that happens to make diamonds through the course of the game
Since so many hairs are being split in this crazy thread, wouldn't the point of a wishing well farm be simply to acquire and place wishing wells in your city? I mean, you'd never have to collect, right? It would still be a wishing well farm because it is producing wishing wells. o_O

Emberguard

Haha. Well technically it’d be a farm without collecting as long as it’s filled with wells, but there’d be no point if you’re not collecting. You might as well call it an abandoned farm

I’ve got a couple cities I started converting but never could be bothered finishing so it’s half wells and half normal city. So at best I’ve got hybrids but definitely not proper WW farms.

WinnerGR

I hate to tell you this, but you do not have an opinion. Like a parrot you just repeat what others say. If I tell you the world is flat, your opinion will be that the world is flat. If Uber tells you it is round your opinion will be the world is round. If someone else tells you the world does not exist your opinion will be the world does not exist.

That's the value of your opinion.
OK well I agree with the flat and round but not that the world does not exist .

WinnerGR

View attachment 15641
@WinnerGR You have cleary stated alot of lies about diamond farms so far just this past week so if you would like stop?
I get confused , I do not lie .

Back on topic:

I just collected a relic in GE and it gave me the TS then I received 15 diamonds from an encounter and sadly I designed to spend them all on the next encounter.

2 pieces of good luck

1 piece of stupidity from me

If I had been thinking I would have used them on the CS

DreadfulCadillac

I get confused , I do not lie .

Back on topic:

I just collected a relic in GE and it gave me the TS then I received 15 diamonds from an encounter and sadly I designed to spend them all on the next encounter.

2 pieces of good luck

1 piece of stupidity from me

If I had been thinking I would have used them on the CS
You said that you had plundered half a wishing well, that you had a full fledged diamond farm..and a few other things on en i believe.

Algona

Can you please please please stop trying to give people advice on subjects you are clueless on, so basically everything?

I vote yes.

how are we defining a "Diamond Farm"?

Top 13 ways to know it is a Diamond farm:

13) You get annoyed when your WWs produce FPs. Which leads you to start:

12) Tracking the Diamond drop percentage including sub totals for FoY, WW, and SWW.

11) You tell your SO how many Diamonds you collected today.

10) You check for WWs in the AD,

9) You do a fist pump instead of thinking 'More AD fodder.' when you win an FoY.

8) You tell your dog how many Diamonds you collected today.

7) Yesterday you misclicked and discovered you have over 20K of each IA Goods and spent most of the day wondering where they came from and woke up at 2 AM remembering that WWs also produce Goods.

6) You calculate how many more WWs ans SWWs you can fit in your next Expansion. And decide to

5) Build Arc to get Medals to build that Expansion to fit in the calculated amount of WWs and SWWs

4) Develope a full army capability to attack your neighbors on the off chance that Winner was right about plundering Diamonds,

3) You tell the dead plant on your desk how many Diamonds you collected today.

2) If the first thing you think about in an upcoming Event is 'I hope I can get more WWs and WWSKs!'

1) You can easily do GE through lvl 4 but don't do Encounter 64 unless it offers an FoY.

Woody*

@Super Catanian and @DreadfulCadillac did he not say that we where going back on topic:

I do not plan to build a DF as I am too inactive to do so but anybody got any tips on BA players who play once a week getting diamonds or do I just need to get to IA and play GE ?

If you're only playing once a week, then you don't have enough time for diamond farming in any significant number. The only option without putting in a lot of time, is to spend real $. Which I highly recommend (I diamond farm, but I should be spending more real $ because of how time consuming farms are).

Super Catanian

@Super Catanian and @DreadfulCadillac did he not say that we where going back on topic:
Nah, not really.

I do not plan to build a DF as I am too inactive to do so but anybody got any tips on BA players who play once a week getting diamonds or do I just need to get to IA and play GE ?
I was literally about to comment on this, but the other two posters beat me to it. Playing once a week means that there is no chance you'll get far in GE, so best you'll do is probably about 20 Diamonds per week, if you get lucky with those encounters.