• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamond Farming proggress

Vger

So you play it as a normal city.
Define normal. (AArgh....I'm asking Agent to define normal...LOL).

@Claire the Divergent has a DF in the 2 worlds I play in. If you pop into one, your first thought is...this is a DF. More stuff there than a typical DF, but..it's not a "normal" city either.

#1 It means you have to actively play that city and the purpose of a farm is the opposite as far as I am concerned.
I thought the purpose of a diamond farm was to farm diamonds. Didn't know there were limits on activity level. Interesting.

#2 Again, that is not what a farm is about the way I see it.
You should broaden your horizons. Look at the world (and FOE) in different ways. Your silly preconceived notions of what a DF is is...well, just that. A silly preconceived notion. The fun thing about FOE is that people are free to play it any which way they want.

There is more to farming than just shoveling manure. But I will admit, that is one thing you do well.

Agent327

I thought the purpose of a diamond farm was to farm diamonds. Didn't know there were limits on activity level. Interesting.

For me there is. Visit once a day should be enough. No WW's in the current event, so I do not even have to bother to participate in that.

You should broaden your horizons. Look at the world (and FOE) in different ways. Your silly preconceived notions of what a DF is is...well, just that. A silly preconceived notion.

Interesting statement. I should broaden my horizons. Wouldn't you say that calling my view silly could be considered narrowminded?

The fun thing about FOE is that people are free to play it any which way they want.

Glad you say that. That should stop comments about the way I play.

There is more to farming than just shoveling manure. But I will admit, that is one thing you do well.

It's what needs to be done, so things can grow.

Algona

26K Diamonds. Every Diamond Expansion in 2 CE and an HMA city. Diamond collect three cities every day. Spend a lot in GBG. some on other things. Never bought any Diamonds.

No dedicated WW cities, but do have 30 SWWs scattered between the three cities to balance the daily Diamond collect. Did have 50 FoY / WWs in my main for 7 months to run the Great Diamond Experiment.

Some Diamonds from GBG, Himeji, Lighthouse, Quests. most from 64 GE in three cities. I average 500 Diamonds per week.

EDIT: As Agent so gracefully and correctly points out, I incorrectly included Lighthouse in the preceding paragraph.

This major total disastrous mistake obviously completely destroys any value to anything that I posted here, I mean if it deserved 7 '?' it must be a total screw up and renders meaningless anything else I have to say.

I will leave that mistake in as I feel proud about earning 7 '?'s.[/EDIT]

I suspect that when NewAL accomplishes the task for whit it was created, I'll run it up to CE (easy GE) , throw away everything not needed for GE and completing Events and fill the rest of it with FoY / WWs.

Last edited:

Agent327

Some Diamonds from GBG, Himeji, Lighthouse, Quests. most from 64 GE in three cities. I average 500 Diamonds per week.

EDIT: As Agent so gracefully and correctly points out, I incorrectly included Lighthouse in the preceding paragraph.

And you still do. Let me help you. The GB missing in your statement that can give diamonds is the Seed Vauilt.

Crows Nest , max level.

You were plundering Wishing Wells

Algona

The GB missing in your statement that can give diamonds is the Seed Vauilt.

Well, no.

I don''t have Seed Vault, so I couldn't get Diamonds from Seed Vault.

And yeah, Winner got it right. I did mean Crow's Nest.

I think using the Agent ZOMG! scale I owe you 14'?'s, but I was never very good at that.

Emberguard

We all have to spend FPs, or the FP bar will fill up and WWs with FPs on them will sit idle. Eventually, all you'd have is a bunch of wishing wells you can't collect from. But we know this, so we spend the FPs. I dump them on my own GBs until I run out of prints, and then I have to dump elsewhere. And when I fill up all the space available with wells...the only way to get more wells is to get more expansions. Arc expedites this.
If I were going for a Wishing Well diamond farm then there’s always Zeus to put FPs into once I’m finished with Delphi.

Vger

If I were going for a Wishing Well diamond farm then there’s always Zeus to put FPs into once I’m finished with Delphi.
But what if you were doing WW + GE64?
That changes the equation a bit, because now you need troops and/or goods.
Takes more time than the traditional WW only DF, but it's a viable strategy.

WinnerGR

I have started to do Level 3 GE each week and it now means that I have an average of 20 diamonds a week.

Woody*

The question then becomes what to do with the FPs after you run out of prints. You have to spend the FPs, or you can't collect from the wells producing FPs... and so you'll eventually end up with a farm full of wells you can't collect from. Consequently, all big farms must have an FP-dump. (Your own GBs while you have the prints, or a friend/neighbor/guildy to get the prints).

DeletedUser

The question then becomes what to do with the FPs after you run out of prints. You have to spend the FPs, or you can't collect from the wells producing FPs... and so you'll eventually end up with a farm full of wells you can't collect from. Consequently, all big farms must have an FP-dump. (Your own GBs while you have the prints, or a friend/neighbor/guildy to get the prints).
That's not really a problem, as you will always have over 75 neighbors to choose from. Just pick a GB and start "dumping". You'll end up with prints and inventory FP packs. How is that an issue?