• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disappearing Quest

Darn Cat

I have this quest to build 5 units of current age. I was full up so killed my solders off in a battle so I could build them. My first unit of 5 was nearly done and went to check on the quest. Now I can't locate the quest. It's not story or event and I don't do the daily's, but clicked on it anyway to make sure. I do not remember what I clicked on to see this quest. Where else would I click to see a quest. I know I did not imagine this quest. But cannot find my way back to it.

Darn Cat

You may have inadvertently hit abort, which means it's gone for good.
No I know about the abort button. I know better than to use abort to close a window. Plus I remember the quests in Story and Event I have looked at them several times today. So whatever I clicked on to get this quest wasn't story or event or daily. This is really annoying. I know I did not imagine reading this quest, but don't remember where I was in the game when I saw it.

Jern2017

What age are you in? Perhaps there was an alternative available, like "recruit 5 units from your age OR collect X goods" and you unintentionally completed the quest by completing the alternative task.

Darn Cat

What age are you in? Perhaps there was an alternative available, like "recruit 5 units from your age OR collect X goods" and you unintentionally completed the quest by completing the alternative task.
iron age I think there was something in addition to the troop quest. But don't remember what it was. I assumed I would have to do both.

Jern2017

iron age I think there was something in addition to the troop quest. But don't remember what it was. I assumed I would have to do both.

You also might have recruited those units from somewhere else than military buildings, like the Guild Expedition or from the event that is currently running. Also, you might have aborted the quest. Either way, you have not done anything that will impact your game long term. Try paying closer attention next time. I Iearned this the hard way.

Algona

There are recurring quests that require units, but you can do those only once.

That's not quite right. You can do them repeatedly as long as you have 2 or fewer of both of the units requested in the RQ.

Maybe that only applies to the earlier Eras? Never tried it past Iron Age.

It's pretty powerful in BA, you can cycle troop RQs a lot faster then 2 helmet RQs.

Agent327

That's not quite right. You can do them repeatedly as long as you have 2 or fewer of both of the units requested in the RQ.

Early ages there are 3. Have 4 x and have 4 y. They have them till AF. In AF it becomes recruit 5 and 5 or 2 and 2. In OF and VF it becomes have again and in SAM they are gone. I could do each one just once. Not sure if it is changed. I rushed the early ages and only started doing RQ's in FE.