• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser8152

I think the big difference you're seeing there is due to IndA players typically not having a traz and PME players typically having one. There's certainly no contest between a player with a traz and one without.

On the other hand, an FE player competing with you for the PME tower should be on at least reasonably even ground.

Of course the traz issue does matter, and ties in to the age spread in a guild. Though it's certainly not impossible for an IndA player to have a traz, just harder.

DeletedUser13452

I think the big difference you're seeing there is due to IndA players typically not having a traz and PME players typically having one. There's certainly no contest between a player with a traz and one without.

On the other hand, an FE player competing with you for the PME tower should be on at least reasonably even ground.

Of course the traz issue does matter, and ties in to the age spread in a guild. Though it's certainly not impossible for an IndA player to have a traz, just harder.
I certainly would have to agree that I stand a better chance against an FE player in the PmE tower than an InA does against me in the InA tower. I'm talking average here. There are InA players that could possibly compete with me too. All I'm saying is that it's not common enough to suit me. I love competition and I want more of it, lol. I don't understand why so many people are so vehemently against a more equal merge. It doesn't really affect your plunder except with regard to the ages available. It doesn't affect you getting plundered if you follow your own advice on how to prevent it. It doesn't really change anything except the amount of fair, even competition throughout the hood. And you can compensate for the BP opportunities with your FL. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Actually my personal favorite is more random and more often randomized merges. If I was king you'd have something like:
Group 1: Bronze age only
Group 2: Iron through LMA
Group 3: CA through PME
Group 4: CE and up

in each group hoods would have a full spread from high to low, but you would completely re-randomize every 2 weeks. So everyone would spend some time at the bottom, but there'd be other people at the bottom with you. Heavy plunderers would rotate out, and new ones would come in. As you age up your status will improve. If you want to camp at the top of a group you can.

But I'm not king, and probably shouldn't be :)

DeletedUser13452

Actually my personal favorite is more random and more often randomized merges. If I was king you'd have something like:
Group 1: Bronze age only
Group 2: Iron through LMA
Group 3: CA through PME
Group 4: CE and up

in each group hoods would have a full spread from high to low, but you would completely re-randomize every 2 weeks. So everyone would spend some time at the bottom, but there'd be other people at the bottom with you. Heavy plunderers would rotate out, and new ones would come in. As you age up your status will improve. If you want to camp at the top of a group you can.

But I'm not king, and probably shouldn't be :)
I could live with that, sire. :D

ahsay

I know exactly how PvP works and I find it less than entertaining (just my opinion). I believe it was you, Ruby, who was describing how one goes about winning all the towers below them in another thread. Now your going to pretend that nobody knows better and/or it's not so easy? Anybody who plays aggressively and has played for a time long enough to be several ages ahead in a hood, knows exactly how to accomplish this. I stand by my statement. The current PvP platform doesn't offer a fair field of competition in the least. As for me, I simply collect my city on time and ignore that aspect of the game. I do participate in GvG and that often wins towers for me by default. This is another issue...I would prefer the GvG points did not count in PvP. I would like to see a completely seperate platform for the two aspects of the game.

I am in PmE in my primary world and I have had plenty of opportunity to take advantage of lower age players. The truth is, I have no need to do so. I don't need their goods or other resources and I don't get entertainment out of competing against them. I have greater aspirations. The only thing they have that I want is the BP opportunity and that only takes one click

This is ridiculous. You really have no idea what you're talking about. Stand by your statement all you want...it's bogus. I'll let Ruby fight their own battle but...huh? What the hell are you talking about? It is easy...if it's not easy you move along to another tower and find one that is easy. So who is pretending it's not easy?

Winning PVP towers in ages lower then you are is because other players don't maintain barracks in those eras. If you're in PME; one battle with spearman will often times win you 10 medals. Sometimes there could be 30 battling in HMA but only 3 in LMA. Sure experience helps but that's not the point. The point is the "math"; if the math is right it's very easy.

The other thing you're missing is how many players think a minimal defense will mess you up. They're exactly what you need when all you want to do is win a lower age tower with minimal effort; again...math. Not to mention, little time invested, no troop losses, with medals always gained and the potential for for goods and BPs. Ignore this part of the game. It is easy; so to me, it's your loss.

Lastly, I'm not defending inequity. It sucks.

DeletedUser13452

This is ridiculous. You really have no idea what you're talking about. Stand by your statement all you want...it's bogus. I'll let Ruby fight their own battle but...huh? What the hell are you talking about? It is easy...if it's not easy you move along to another tower and find one that is easy. So who is pretending it's not easy?

Winning PVP towers in ages lower then you are is because other players don't maintain barracks in those eras. If you're in PME; one battle with spearman will often times win you 10 medals. Sometimes there could be 30 battling in HMA but only 3 in LMA. Sure experience helps but that's not the point. The point is the "math"; if the math is right it's very easy.

The other thing you're missing is how many players think a minimal defense will mess you up. They're exactly what you need when all you want to do is win a lower age tower with minimal effort; again...math. Not to mention, little time invested, no troop losses, with medals always gained and the potential for for goods and BPs. Ignore this part of the game. It is easy; so to me, it's your loss.

Lastly, I'm not defending inequity. It sucks.
Your statement is that it IS quite easy, which is in agreement with my contention. So how is my statement bogus? You may feel it's my loss to ignore, that's a valid opinion. But my point is I'm not interested in in small rewards like 10 medals (just my opinion). I am far more interested in the thrill of the competition, that's all.

DeletedUser13452

I'm going to add this, and then I'll shut up, lol.

I retract the statement that "a higher age player can easily win ANY tower below them." There are instances where it's not practical. Maybe your in CtE and you have a hoodie in EMA that is currently in a war on that GvG map. It probably isn't going to be very practical to try to keep up with the points the EMA player may be accumulating. But, consider this. If you didn't have EMA players in your hood, you wouldn't have to contend with this. You would only be competing with other players at your near your own era. And then, only the hoodies that also try to win the lower towers. So, if those rewards are important to you, you would stand a better chance. I also might add that a more equal hood merge might stimulate the desire to compete in those lower ages for the fact that you would stand a better chance. :)

DeletedUser11616

Since customer support(which is a laugh) ...:mad:

You have to realize that "Customer Support" is manned by players like us (well, more experienced). They do not have the tools to do many things so we just have to be happy with what they can do even if it's not to our satisfaction. If Inno wants happier customers, they should either have Inno man the Customer Service or give more authority to the players that fill the Customer Support positions.

ahsay

I'm going to add this, and then I'll shut up, lol.

I retract the statement that "a higher age player can easily win ANY tower below them." There are instances where it's not practical. Maybe your in CtE and you have a hoodie in EMA that is currently in a war on that GvG map. It probably isn't going to be very practical to try to keep up with the points the EMA player may be accumulating. But, consider this. If you didn't have EMA players in your hood, you wouldn't have to contend with this. You would only be competing with other players at your near your own era. And then, only the hoodies that also try to win the lower towers. So, if those rewards are important to you, you would stand a better chance. I also might add that a more equal hood merge might stimulate the desire to compete in those lower ages for the fact that you would stand a better chance. :)

EMA players in your hood??????????? Seriously you have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't matter what age people in your neighborhood are. All that matters is that you, you, you have the troops necessary to win a tower.

If there is no bronze age players in your nieghborhood it don't mater. if you have bronze age troops you win that tower with one battle. That goes for any age. Ten medals doesn't really mater to me either but I can get those medals for an investment of time less then 3min...why not? You lose nothing. I've been in neighborhoods were 3 battles 10 min would gain me 70 medals a week.

DeletedUser13452

EMA players in your hood??????????? Seriously you have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't matter what age people in your neighborhood are. All that matters is that you, you, you have the troops necessary to win a tower.

If there is no bronze age players in your nieghborhood it don't mater. if you have bronze age troops you win that tower with one battle. That goes for any age. Ten medals doesn't really mater to me either but I can get those medals for an investment of time less then 3min...why not? You lose nothing. I've been in neighborhoods were 3 battles 10 min would gain me 70 medals a week.
Sheesh, I can't leave this alone if you are going to try to insult my intelligence. I submit that it is you who doesn't know what your talking about. You say it doesn't matter whether their are EMA players in your hood, so how does a more equal hood merge affect you? It doesn't, unless you consider that there might be more people your own age competing in that tower and that decreases your ability to win it. In which case you are being a poor sport. Have your opinion, voice your opinion, but don't accuse people of being ignorant just because they have their own. My opinion is this: a more equal hood merge will promote competition, attendance and loyalty by providing everyone a more equitable opportunity to compete. You can still plunder, you can still avoid the plunder, you can still compete in any tower you have unlocked. The game would become more entertaining for all...not JUST those who have built up a bigger city. It wouldn't deny the bigger player any aspect of the game play, it would simply enhance it by offering a broader field of equitable competition.

You see, I am only wanting more people of equal or similar ability than the usual small handful that I always seem to get under the current hood merge. There just aren't enough lower age people that can compete with me. And we have all experienced the player too strong for us to compete with. Why not broaden the field of competition and provide ourselves more entertainment (at least, I would find it more entertaining). It doesn't mean I don't understand the game in the least. Fact is, I understand it quite well, thank you.

DeletedUser7057

I guess y'all have already discussed the obvious solution: Require that a PvP attack on a player of age EMA (for instance) be done with troops that do not exceed EMA in age.

This is how GvG works; it allows really high level players to compete on a more or less fair level with early players on the early provinces.

DeletedUser17462

I guess y'all have already discussed the obvious solution: Require that a PvP attack on a player of age EMA (for instance) be done with troops that do not exceed EMA in age.

This is how GvG works; it allows really high level players to compete on a more or less fair level with early players on the early provinces.
Two thing: 1. There are players with troops from one to two ages ahead, so you would force some to attack higher aged troops
2. Anyone with a decent attack boost and a cpl brain cells can defeat a same age defensive army. The only time requiring same age troops would limit attacks/plunders is when the attacker has a crap attack boost and the defender has an insane defensive boost.

DeletedUser

I've been playing 3 days now. The first day was spent learning how to play blind because the forum link to the beginners guide was broke. I'm still in BA. In my neighborhood there are 4 of us in BA, the rest are higher. Out of us 4, the other three are inactive. The next higher than me is not BA and has 280,000 points and is the 5th lowest out of 84 in our hood. I have 1,700 and I'm the 4th lowest. I can see why people are quitting. someone actually apologized to me saying they don't even plunder but because my points were so low they thought I was inactive.

DeletedUser10517

I've been playing 3 days now. The first day was spent learning how to play blind because the forum link to the beginners guide was broke. I'm still in BA. In my neighborhood there are 4 of us in BA, the rest are higher. Out of us 4, the other three are inactive. The next higher than me is not BA and has 280,000 points and is the 5th lowest out of 84 in our hood. I have 1,700 and I'm the 4th lowest. I can see why people are quitting. someone actually apologized to me saying they don't even plunder but because my points were so low they thought I was inactive.

What does it matter what points you all have?

Most people only attack for points......but if you collect your stuff on time so noone can get it..... no harm done.

DeletedUser

First off, this discussion has been going on for ages, with the results being the same as beating a dead horse. So, this is not a complaint, merely an observation.
I also understand that this is only a game, and "fair" is not necessarily a word in FoE's vocabulary. Hell... Even the admin. and in-game moderators are looking less and less frequently into this thread. It's not because they can't do anything about this neighborhood issue, but more than likely to explain the "why".

Well... After 28 days, I finally had a neighborhood change, and guess what, only the first 10 were changed, nine of them in "The Future", one in "Tomorrow". From #11 and back, Progressive Era and lower! That is five (5) eras/ages of difference. Please don't tell me this is NOT an inside job! Or can somebody please explain to me, why players #1 dski, #2 Uvxy, #3 BigBubba, #4 king James1313, #5 ElvenBlade, #6 Easy E the Legend, #7 bigbri77, #8 robbomike, #9 idol0, and #10 tembolo1284, are the only ones placed in "my" new hood, and all are in The Future (except for #8, in Tomorrow)! - Next up, #11, Jeff the Honorable, is in Progressive Era.

Hey... I love the smell of napalm in the morning, even experienced it first hand, but having snipers and armored cars being run over by Rail Guns and Drone Swarms, 5 ages ahead of me, is a whole different story (no matter how cool they might look). Yes... Something is definitely not right in FoE.

DeletedUser13452

Here's one for ya...my newest hood has 12 or 13 PmE, 40+ ME, 11 PrE, and 1 poor schmuck at the bottom with 626 total points. Actually, this is likely the best hood I've ever had and I'm finally engaging in some PvP for the first time since I was new. I have all kinds of players to compete with and it's really entertaining for me. But wut about this poor guy in the BA. Who's he supposed to compete with? Do you honestly believe he will continue to play this game? He will be long gone by the time the next hood merge comes up.

Take away the 1 BA player, and this is my kinda hood. :)

DeletedUser23098

When somebody misspells "Equality" right off the bat, along with using ALL CAPS and FOUR Exclamation Points (count em), they've destroyed their credibility right out of the starting gate.
Forum Rule: Do not rebuke another user for their spelling and grammar. I have been lucky my neighborhood is good at not plundering and I get hit every week.

DeletedUser10517

First off, this discussion has been going on for ages, with the results being the same as beating a dead horse. So, this is not a complaint, merely an observation.
I also understand that this is only a game, and "fair" is not necessarily a word in FoE's vocabulary. Hell... Even the admin. and in-game moderators are looking less and less frequently into this thread. It's not because they can't do anything about this neighborhood issue, but more than likely to explain the "why".

Well... After 28 days, I finally had a neighborhood change, and guess what, only the first 10 were changed, nine of them in "The Future", one in "Tomorrow". From #11 and back, Progressive Era and lower! That is five (5) eras/ages of difference. Please don't tell me this is NOT an inside job! Or can somebody please explain to me, why players #1 dski, #2 Uvxy, #3 BigBubba, #4 king James1313, #5 ElvenBlade, #6 Easy E the Legend, #7 bigbri77, #8 robbomike, #9 idol0, and #10 tembolo1284, are the only ones placed in "my" new hood, and all are in The Future (except for #8, in Tomorrow)! - Next up, #11, Jeff the Honorable, is in Progressive Era.

Hey... I love the smell of napalm in the morning, even experienced it first hand, but having snipers and armored cars being run over by Rail Guns and Drone Swarms, 5 ages ahead of me, is a whole different story (no matter how cool they might look). Yes... Something is definitely not right in FoE.

In Mount Kilmore, there is a very small number of players who are in the Future Era.....and not so many in Tomorrow. The ones that they do have are split into smaller groups and are moved around different hoods.

They have been in my hood, they have been in the hoods of my guildmates, and now they are in your hood.

But, as more and more of us move up and gain more points, they will end up being in a larger hood of their own.

That all being said............those guys attacking you are no problem. Big Bubba, I know, is a Plunderer........so just collect stuff on time.
When they attack, they want the points.......and you cant do anything about that. But you can stop them getting your goods and bazaars by collecting on time.

DeletedUser24138

The top 8 in our neighborhood are all in the "Future". The rest of us are in "Colonial", "Late Middle", "High Middle" and "Early Middle".

And here is the response from support; "The new neighborhood merges, as announced back on 07-18-2013 have as their primary target the players' technological advancement. Ranking points come in second, only to determine where "chunks of players" are cut off from the old neighborhoods (which are now merged into a new one). The merges still take ranking into account, but very slightly as the primary focus is technological advancement. The neighborhood merge system works by splitting neighborhoods into 'blocks'. These 'blocks' are determined by the largest gaps between players in terms of their research tree progress."

So, if "technological advancement" is the primary target for placing new neighborhoods, how does this happen?

I get utterly destroyed by these 8, whether defending or attacking; it's actually rather comical. I've gotten plundered also, but, that's part of the game and obviously my fault (not complaining about that). Seems like a relatively simple fix. How about getting on that so that the majority of threads on here won't be about equality.

DeletedUser19600

I've been moved to this new world.... I was #20 now I'm #74 the #1 person has 41,000,000,000 more than I do.... does that make any sense

- - - Updated - - -

You should not have to defend against plundering 24 hours maybe an hour two at most.... you can't plunders attack 24 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Opps ....you can't attack the ones that plunder 24 hour a day