• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser

Thanks, Ruby... Yep, I'm pretty good with collecting on time. So, not much plundering opportunities there. They're also not getting points from me anymore and have to be careful, or my one Spear-man is going to ram his spear down the Rail Gun's barrel... ;)

One should never loose his/her sense of humor in a game like this.

DeletedUser

The top 8 in our neighborhood are all in the "Future". The rest of us are in "Colonial", "Late Middle", "High Middle" and "Early Middle".

And here is the response from support; "The new neighborhood merges, as announced back on 07-18-2013 have as their primary target the players' technological advancement. Ranking points come in second, only to determine where "chunks of players" are cut off from the old neighborhoods (which are now merged into a new one). The merges still take ranking into account, but very slightly as the primary focus is technological advancement. The neighborhood merge system works by splitting neighborhoods into 'blocks'. These 'blocks' are determined by the largest gaps between players in terms of their research tree progress."

It seems like every in-game moderator has a different reply. Here's what YankEe76 Ingame Sentinel Moderator sent me:
"Thank you for contacting the United States Forge of Empires Support Team.
I do fully understand that frustration , believe me. But here is the reality, it happens to everyone and we know that but the developers are working to try to make the randomness of the computer work.
We do understand your concern. As we said, there is nothing Support can do about neighborhood merges. We appreciate your interest in further improving the game about the neighborhood merges.
If this is an issue you feel strongly about, in the main public forums, you will find a section called Proposals where you can propose your concern and suggestion for public discussion.

As we've said, Support can do nothing to change anything about a neighborhood merge. The only way to have this altered is by public support of a forum suggestion. These are then forwarded to the developers. I strongly suggest that you place your concern and suggestion there. I think what you have to say will add to the public debate on the subject."

And as Phantom Forger stated in a previous post: "... if you do a search of the forum or just look at the already submitted ideas you'll see that a request to have hoods composed of no more than a span of 2 ages has been recently submitted to the developers. We can only wait and keep our fingers crossed, OR come up with different suggestions in the meantime."

Well... Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12802

What a specious comment when pillagers are allowed to use weapons beyond your age. When helicopters attack rifles there is no contest. One of my nations is frozen as I have forge points but no materials. ALL PILLAGED. This is STUPID.

DeletedUser8152

What a specious comment when pillagers are allowed to use weapons beyond your age. When helicopters attack rifles there is no contest. One of my nations is frozen as I have forge points but no materials. ALL PILLAGED. This is STUPID.
I will merge this with an existing thread on the topic.

DeletedUser

It seems like every in-game moderator has a different reply. Here's what YankEe76 Ingame Sentinel Moderator sent me:
"Thank you for contacting the United States Forge of Empires Support Team.
I do fully understand that frustration , believe me. But here is the reality, it happens to everyone and we know that but the developers are working to try to make the randomness of the computer work.
We do understand your concern. As we said, there is nothing Support can do about neighborhood merges. We appreciate your interest in further improving the game about the neighborhood merges.
If this is an issue you feel strongly about, in the main public forums, you will find a section called Proposals where you can propose your concern and suggestion for public discussion.

As we've said, Support can do nothing to change anything about a neighborhood merge. The only way to have this altered is by public support of a forum suggestion. These are then forwarded to the developers. I strongly suggest that you place your concern and suggestion there. I think what you have to say will add to the public debate on the subject."

And as Phantom Forger stated in a previous post: "... if you do a search of the forum or just look at the already submitted ideas you'll see that a request to have hoods composed of no more than a span of 2 ages has been recently submitted to the developers. We can only wait and keep our fingers crossed, OR come up with different suggestions in the meantime."

Well... Time will tell.
What really goes on is they need to stuff about 70 people into each hood. If you said there are only 8 people way outside the range and everyone else is within 2 ages of each other...well it sucks that there are 8 people you cant defend against, but I've seen worse

DeletedUser18778

This is completely ridiculas. I keep getting hit by 3 of the same people, all are well over 2 ages ahead of me. What they really should do is give players a opt out button to take them out of a specific neighborhood.

DeletedUser11002

I thought the devs had worked the bugs out of their hood composition inequalities, but I guess NOT!
Today I got a Contemporary Age Plunder-Monkey into my hood that is predominantly PE---LMA !
He is WAY out from others (2.7 million points vs #3 down less than 600K !!!) in the hood.
Come on !!!! I realize this is a small world but geesh!

OK..VENTED!

WOW..dejavu !!
"I don't normally like to whine, but I will here.
The recent (last night) neighborhood reorganization added 7 new top players to the hood. SIX of these were MODERN AGE players and only a single LMA players into a hood that is predominantly Late Middle Age with a few Colonials!
The organization program/routine is BROKEN !
Challenging players is one thing, but this is ridiculous.
What happened to the other Colonial, Industrial, and even Progressive Age players?
Why add Modern Age into a hood full of LMA folks?
I like this game and periodically purchase diamonds, but this makes me leery of the developers oversight to keep the competitors evenly matched throughout their advancement!
I do consider this a major flaw in the programming logic!
Signed, "Dis-heartened"

BBomber, Sep 8, 2014 "

DeletedUser18778

I'm getting hit every day by 3 people.
This game is beginning to be a huge waste of time if they are not going to listen to these issues.

cbalto1927

This game is beginning to be a huge waste of time if they are not going to listen to these issues.

my suggestion is collect goods on time, build and level up 2 defensive GB's if you can. Saint Basil and Deal Castle GB helps with defense. Get watch-fires if you can. Depending on the age your in, try to set productions and Goods to 24hr time. I hope it helps

DeletedUser10517

First of all....no need to use bad language.

Secondly.....being attacked is no problem......just collect goods on time, and then you have no issue

DeletedUser17558

Just 3 people? I know hoods way worse. I have been hit worse than that in the past. Listen to the advice you have been given, be patient, and good things will happen.

DeletedUser10517

Even if all neighbours were the same age as you, they would still win and still be able to plunder you.

The only way to protect yourself is.............collect on time............then they have nothing to take.

DeletedUser22250

I do not understand the goal for the new neighborhoods.
The less separation there is the fewer the tower points to be won.
Complexity is cool, but the more restrictive you make the game the less likely it will continue to interest me.
I am interested in who is complaining. I also went through the ages. I got attacked and plundered. Most of the time a message is all it takes to stop someone from plundering.
If a player decides not to put up a defense I will attack and plunder them. Solution? Put up an 8 man defense, I will still attack but will not plunder. I gain points and they lose nothing..
Without exposure to various levels in the hood it partially negates the utility of the Dynamic Tower by limiting the age of the buildings players are exposed to as well it limits the age of the buildings lower level players have access to give aid to when trying for higher level great buildings.
Is Inno intentionally trying to limit access between players of various eras to make it harder on those coming up?
Instead of another big restructuring why don't you concentrate on current bugs and let us play the game.
I hope you can work this out in a more satisfactory way. You sound like the school systems only wanted students of the same age in each school.
You are stealing their opportunity for experiencing new things and in the process you will destroy their drive to continue.

DeletedUser14197

I do not understand the goal for the new neighborhoods.
The less separation there is the fewer the tower points to be won.
Complexity is cool, but the more restrictive you make the game the less likely it will continue to interest me.
I am interested in who is complaining. I also went through the ages. I got attacked and plundered. Most of the time a message is all it takes to stop someone from plundering.
If a player decides not to put up a defense I will attack and plunder them. Solution? Put up an 8 man defense, I will still attack but will not plunder. I gain points and they lose nothing..
Without exposure to various levels in the hood it partially negates the utility of the Dynamic Tower by limiting the age of the buildings players are exposed to as well it limits the age of the buildings lower level players have access to give aid to when trying for higher level great buildings.
Is Inno intentionally trying to limit access between players of various eras to make it harder on those coming up?
Instead of another big restructuring why don't you concentrate on current bugs and let us play the game.
I hope you can work this out in a more satisfactory way. You sound like the school systems only wanted students of the same age in each school.
You are stealing their opportunity for experiencing new things and in the process you will destroy their drive to continue.

My guild has players from artic age the whole way down to iron age. My friends list has people artic age the whole way down to bronze age. I have 73 in my guild and 128 (140 possible though) in my friends list. There are this time 81 in my hood going from EMA to artic (I am future). So how is the game keeping ages apart?????? I can pick my friends and make them any ages I wants. Reality is over 70 in my hood are artic, with only the last 5 or so lower ages, and not that many of them. I have NEVER been in a hood that gave me a great variety of ages to trade with. I have no clue where everyone is so upset over now having mainly one age in their hood. I think we have always had mainly one age in our hood, or maybe 2. The problem has normally been that there have either been mainly a lower age with a few high age players in it, or else a high age hood, with a poor unlucky low age players in it. This true smorgasbord of ages everyone is so upset over losing with the new system. Well, I have never even seen it in any of my 6 cities.

Also, just cause you won't attack if someone puts up a great defense, by no means means other wont. I have had the highest age attack and plunder me when I was ages lower than they were. So I just put up spearsman and deleted everything that could be plundered.

DeletedUser22250

My guild has players from artic age the whole way down to iron age. My friends list has people artic age the whole way down to bronze age. I have 73 in my guild and 128 (140 possible though) in my friends list. There are this time 81 in my hood going from EMA to artic (I am future). So how is the game keeping ages apart?????? I can pick my friends and make them any ages I wants. Reality is over 70 in my hood are artic, with only the last 5 or so lower ages, and not that many of them. I have NEVER been in a hood that gave me a great variety of ages to trade with. I have no clue where everyone is so upset over now having mainly one age in their hood. I think we have always had mainly one age in our hood, or maybe 2. The problem has normally been that there have either been mainly a lower age with a few high age players in it, or else a high age hood, with a poor unlucky low age players in it. This true smorgasbord of ages everyone is so upset over losing with the new system. Well, I have never even seen it in any of my 6 cities.

Also, just cause you won't attack if someone puts up a great defense, by no means means other wont. I have had the highest age attack and plunder me when I was ages lower than they were. So I just put up spearsman and deleted everything that could be plundered.
The only guild I have ever been a member of is currently level 32 with 53 members covering all ages. I am currently Arctic Future rank 28 on this server. I have 18 of the players that out rank me on my friend list.
Part of the game is your ability to network and adapt to various conditions.
I am not complaining about the way things are but they are talking about grouping us according to the number of points we have spent on the tech ladder.
Stop and picture it. That will make it more difficult for lower age players to contribute to great buildings for prints and rewards. The market will become more difficult to move goods in.(remember we still need the younger players moving through the hoods needing the goods we have in excess).
The last thing you ever want to do is show weakness.
Never shut down your city just because you get plundered. Almost every player that has plundered me is now on my friend list.
Learn how to turn adversity into business and business into friendship
I have almost always been in hoods that range from 6 to 8 ages and it's nice to have troops and win on multiple towers every week.
I see no need to segregate us that precisely and I hope it don't happen.

DeletedUser15539

Maybe INNO should just have non-PvP neighborhoods that players could choose to be in.

DeletedUser14197

The only guild I have ever been a member of is currently level 32 with 53 members covering all ages. I am currently Arctic Future rank 28 on this server. I have 18 of the players that out rank me on my friend list.
Part of the game is your ability to network and adapt to various conditions.
I am not complaining about the way things are but they are talking about grouping us according to the number of points we have spent on the tech ladder.
Stop and picture it. That will make it more difficult for lower age players to contribute to great buildings for prints and rewards. The market will become more difficult to move goods in.(remember we still need the younger players moving through the hoods needing the goods we have in excess).
The last thing you ever want to do is show weakness.
Never shut down your city just because you get plundered. Almost every player that has plundered me is now on my friend list.
Learn how to turn adversity into business and business into friendship
I have almost always been in hoods that range from 6 to 8 ages and it's nice to have troops and win on multiple towers every week.
I see no need to segregate us that precisely and I hope it don't happen.

I had 6 cities. I couldn't play all 6 with the same amount of devotion anyway, especially since the addition of GE and the tavern. I have since deleted that city and plan to delete another city tomorrow. If I don't go thru some horrible withdrawals, I will more than likely end up deleting 2 more, so that I only have 2 cities. I am thinking perhaps the game will be more enjoyable with only 2 cities. At any point, I don't produce goods in any of my cities, so there really isn't anything anyone really cares to plunder anyway.

I still see no reason lower age players can't contribute to high age great buildings. Hoods are only a forth of the number of players one can donate to. There are up to 140 friends and 70 or so guild members.

Personally, I love the same age hood idea. I got plundered once, by someone who was my equal. So I attacked him back and I had to go back to his city a number of times till there was something worth plundering. I wanted goods as he took my goods. You know that was fun. AFter that, we became friends. No sense attacking and plundering each other. When someone ages ahead of you plunders you, you can't retaliate. I will not be bribed to give anyone fps not to plunder me. If they were my equal and I simply didn't want to take the time to attack and plunder in return, I might pay fps. However, it is the principal. I will not pay fps for someone who can attack ad win with their eyes closed, their 4 year old could beat me with no problem if INNO allowed it, which they don't. There is no skill, no challenge. They know full well, I cannot return the favor and attack and win. Sorry, this does not make a challenging game. The new system may not be perfect, but I will wait and see if it is better. At least it is an attempt to fix a broken system. They could have fixed it and kept the hoods the way they are now if they would not permit plundering people ages below you.