• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Exposing the attrition lie!

WillyTwoShoes

I understand some like GvG and it was ok, would have liked it better if it was not just once a day at the exact same time each and every day. Otherwise, the bots ruined it totally.
I'd like to disagree with this somewhat. Inno's neglect of the venue and lack of response in dealing with the scripts/bots ruined GvG.

WillyTwoShoes

There is a difference between fighting to win and getting rewards vs setting up grids and holding support tiles so the other guilds can load tiles for you to swap, Kick them all of the map and try not to let anyone back on. the less fights the better.
As one of my guilds battle captains I consider it my duty to engineer as many top reward GBG fights/negotiations as possible for my fellow guilders. They deserve the best possible engagements I can put together for them. The rewards they garner during a GBG season are earned by individual effort and directly impact their city growth.

Totally dominating the GBG map and having less fights strikes me as a reward poor way to helping your guild grow.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

As one of my guilds battle captains I consider it my duty to engineer as many top reward GBG fights/negotiations as possible for my fellow guilders. They deserve the best possible engagements I can put together for them. The rewards they garner during a GBG season are earned by individual effort and directly impact their city growth.

Totally dominating the GBG map and having less fights strikes me as a reward poor way to helping your guild grow.
Why try the grow the guild or players stronger, If we are not going to fight there is no reason to get stronger,

xivarmy

If you liked GbG before the changes how did you not like farming? All GbG was is farming and still is for the most part. Just saying. I understand some like GvG and it was ok, would have liked it better if it was not just once a day at the exact same time each and every day. Otherwise, the bots ruined it totally.
The 1 important time of day was one of it's most appreciated features provided you could make that 1 time. It meant you didn't have to live in the game. Just show up once a day - and if you were a GvG guild other people would show up at that time too to make it more of a social experience.

Its biggest downfall was not being able to handle power creep madness. The further it went the less "fighting" was anything more than rapidly clicking - the toughest GvG fight, a boosted HQ in industrial+ map, was still basically a low-attrition GBG fight (around 23-24 attrition). Running out of rogues, frequently an occurrence for a heavy fighter in the early days, wasn't really a threat anymore to motivate trying to manage things better.

While it's understandable with GBG they wanted to open it up to people not able to get on at 1 specific time of day, the 4 hour locks can be draining. Basically demanding that you have *someone* be online in the game around the clock.

jaymoney23456

There is a difference between fighting to win and getting rewards vs setting up grids and holding support tiles so the other guilds can load tiles for you to swap, Kick them all of the map and try not to let anyone back on. the less fights the better.
That is not the way to grow a guild. You want to maximize the amt of fights the guild members can get so they get more rewards and can grow their cities. Just sitting on a map by yourself would be boring also