• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Exposing the attrition lie!

Angry.Blanket

That is way too many for one to spend on GbG imo. I would demand guild members help out or just rush less camps. Most maps don't require much rushing of camps after gbg opening at least in the world where I have my main city in. I wonder if its really needed to rush so many? I don't know for sure that it isn't but it seems like a lot.
All camps have to be rushed now, they don't give VP until after they are finished,

Emberguard

All camps have to be rushed now, they don't give VP until after they are finished,
Only one Guild is going to come out as the absolute #1 at the end of Championship. If you want to compete for that then it's your choice. However, there's no prize for winning that beyond bragging rights.

The only tangible prize for winning would be for that season against the Guilds on that map. So for me I'm not even looking at Global ranking, I'm only looking at what's required for the map I'm on for the Fragments and basing any expenditure on the basis of what we can reasonably obtain.

So yes, I'm not spending anywhere near 35k diamonds as I'm not concerned with Global Ranking. But it sounds like my goal is different from yours

Angry.Blanket

Only one Guild is going to come out as the absolute #1 at the end of Championship. If you want to compete for that then it's your choice. However, there's no prize for winning that beyond bragging rights.

The only tangible prize for winning would be for that season against the Guilds on that map. So for me I'm not even looking at Global ranking, I'm only looking at what's required for the map I'm on for the Fragments and basing any expenditure on the basis of what we can reasonably obtain.

So yes, I'm not spending anywhere near 35k diamonds as I'm not concerned with Global Ranking. But it sounds like my goal is different from yours
Then what is the point of playing FOE, ?

Angry.Blanket

All of the slots do not have to be filled and all of the construction do not have to be rushed. I understand that this is how you want to play GBG but following this strategy comes at a huge expense.
If farming you are right, but farming GbG sucks the fun out of this game and just leaves us with building a city for no reason.

Emberguard

Then what is the point of playing FOE, ?

To develop the city and play the features within the game to the best of my ability

Winning the season is still winning without needing to win the Championship.

That and it's unrealistic for everyone to expect to come 1st. Even if you're in the top percentile in something and therefore really high up, that doesn't necessarily mean you're coming 1st. If you have to come 1st to find something worth doing no one would ever start any activity as 99% of people will never come 1st regardless of what game or activity you're doing, and you're never going to start off good enough on the first try to achieve 1st. It takes time and it takes effort to reach that

If farming you are right, but farming GbG sucks the fun out of this game and just leaves us with building a city for no reason.

Sure, farming does suck. But I'm also not interested in buying my way through the game. So I'll fight the best I can but I'm not going to be spending diamonds on it beyond what I can afford to spare

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

Yes, you get extra vp from finished camps. I was saying that winner is often determined by who does best at opening on my main world and there is little need most of the time to then rush camps for the whole round. Could be different in other worlds.

Angry.Blanket

To develop the city and play the features within the game to the best of my ability

Winning the season is still winning without needing to win the Championship.

That and it's unrealistic for everyone to expect to come 1st. Even if you're in the top percentile in something and therefore really high up, that doesn't necessarily mean you're coming 1st. If you have to come 1st to find something worth doing no one would ever start any activity as 99% of people will never come 1st regardless of what game or activity you're doing, and you're never going to start off good enough on the first try to achieve 1st. It takes time and it takes effort to reach that

Sure, farming does suck. But I'm also not interested in buying my way through the game. So I'll fight the best I can but I'm not going to be spending diamonds on it beyond what I can afford to spare
One doesnt expect to come in first, One does their very best and doesn't give up, It is the competition that makes it a game and makes it fun, LIke all games, go fish, Monopoly,parcheesi, all the same the goal is to win, even though everyone cant win we still try. Developing a city and doing all the chores is not a game, it is a pass time like stamp collecting.

Pericles the Lion

One doesnt expect to come in first, One does their very best and doesn't give up, It is the competition that makes it a game and makes it fun, LIke all games, go fish, Monopoly,parcheesi, all the same the goal is to win, even though everyone cant win we still try. Developing a city and doing all the chores is not a game, it is a pass time like stamp collecting.
You have put yourself into an untenable position. In your view, GBG is only about winning, not about farming. Thus, you are in a guild that overbuilds then diamond rushes every building to pursue a quest for VPs. In doing so, the guild inevitably strains its treasury and requires its members to bear the burden of spending tens of thousands of diamonds each season. Most of that burden is (was?) voluntarily borne by you - an obligation that you no longer embrace. So, you don't want to farm and don't want to spend diamonds. As I started off, an untenable position.

Angry.Blanket

You have put yourself into an untenable position. In your view, GBG is only about winning, not about farming. Thus, you are in a guild that overbuilds then diamond rushes every building to pursue a quest for VPs. In doing so, the guild inevitably strains its treasury and requires its members to bear the burden of spending tens of thousands of diamonds each season. Most of that burden is (was?) voluntarily borne by you - an obligation that you no longer embrace. So, you don't want to farm and don't want to spend diamonds. As I started off, an untenable position.
Yes, that is what the game is about, same as any game, winning is the goal. Other wise it is just a pastime like stamp collecting, and I don't need a pastime,
Remember in the beginning of the new GbG format Inno stated one of the goals was to break up the farming ?
The main reason GvG was fun, it was about the competition and not player greed.

Pericles the Lion

Yes, that is what the game is about, same as any game, winning is the goal. Other wise it is just a pastime like stamp collecting, and I don't need a pastime,
Remember in the beginning of the new GbG format Inno stated one of the goals was to break up the farming ?
The main reason GvG was fun, it was about the competition and not player greed.
In the announcement INNO stated that removing zero attrition was intended to "discourage battle farming", not break it up. I think that they succeeded. Prior to the change, every season in D1K was checkerboard farming. Now, while farming still thrives, it's less pervasive. Depending on the matchups, FFAs happen far more often than they ever did in the past. You should ask yourself why it has proven so difficult to eliminate farming. To most of us the answer is obvious. It's what the vast majority of players want and players are creative.

Angry.Blanket

In the announcement INNO stated that removing zero attrition was intended to "discourage battle farming", not break it up. I think that they succeeded. Prior to the change, every season in D1K was checkerboard farming. Now, while farming still thrives, it's less pervasive. Depending on the matchups, FFAs happen far more often than they ever did in the past. You should ask yourself why it has proven so difficult to eliminate farming. To most of us the answer is obvious. It's what the vast majority of players want and players are creative.
I know why it persists, I just don't get it, with out competition, most are just building their city's for nothing more than bragging rights.
I have deleted all my city's except 2 because the farming was exactly the same, no change what so ever, farming grids set up within 12 hrs after start, in uceria there is a small group try's to fight, but it is getting harder to find players that want to play the game and not just farm for free digital goodies. My other world is on the chopping block Im just having a hard time deleting it because I have friends and family that play there, and I have lots of time and money invested.

Pericles the Lion

I know why it persists, I just don't get it, with out competition, most are just building their city's for nothing more than bragging rights.
I have deleted all my city's except 2 because the farming was exactly the same, no change what so ever, farming grids set up within 12 hrs after start, in uceria there is a small group try's to fight, but it is getting harder to find players that want to play the game and not just farm for free digital goodies. My other world is on the chopping block Im just having a hard time deleting it because I have friends and family that play there, and I have lots of time and money invested.
A nice story but you've only been playing on two worlds.

jaymoney23456

There is no interesting fight mechanism in GbG or anywhere else in FOE. Its not built to be that kind of fighting game where players go directly against each other. Look at what happened in GvG with endless use of bots and only those that used the bots had a chance to be on top there. Why do you think players would want to sit 24/7 on the game to watch a map in a battle GbG map? The whole FFA is nonsensical also-it is always just 2 guilds or more fighting against another guild to pin them-never done a FFA where every guild is going just for itself and it would be stupid for that to even occur imo

Angry.Blanket

There is no interesting fight mechanism in GbG or anywhere else in FOE. Its not built to be that kind of fighting game where players go directly against each other. Look at what happened in GvG with endless use of bots and only those that used the bots had a chance to be on top there. Why do you think players would want to sit 24/7 on the game to watch a map in a battle GbG map? The whole FFA is nonsensical also-it is always just 2 guilds or more fighting against another guild to pin them-never done a FFA where every guild is going just for itself and it would be stupid for that to even occur imo
I disagree 1000%, I loved GvG and I loved GbG before the changes, I agree FFA is not much better than farming. What I dont like is logging in and collecting and logging out over and over and over and over again to build a city that serves no purpose and never ends.

jaymoney23456

I disagree 1000%, I loved GvG and I loved GbG before the changes, I agree FFA is not much better than farming. What I dont like is logging in and collecting and logging out over and over and over and over again to build a city that serves no purpose and never ends.
If you liked GbG before the changes how did you not like farming? All GbG was is farming and still is for the most part. Just saying. I understand some like GvG and it was ok, would have liked it better if it was not just once a day at the exact same time each and every day. Otherwise, the bots ruined it totally.

Angry.Blanket

If you liked GbG before the changes how did you not like farming? All GbG was is farming and still is for the most part. Just saying. I understand some like GvG and it was ok, would have liked it better if it was not just once a day at the exact same time each and every day. Otherwise, the bots ruined it totally.
There is a difference between fighting to win and getting rewards vs setting up grids and holding support tiles so the other guilds can load tiles for you to swap, Kick them all of the map and try not to let anyone back on. the less fights the better.