• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT 2017

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser29247

Here we are, once again, asking for your feedback concerning the Fall Event. We look forward to hearing your suggestions and thoughts concerning this event. :D

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

It has been requested that we link the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

Here we are, once again, asking for your feedback concerning the Fall Event.

I'm ready.

What Fall Event to us noobs

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Fall_Event

Fansite, and pretty darn accurate, with regular updates.

Funny-Japan-Meme-28.png

What you want to do is:
First, get yourself into the next Era if it's feasable.
I'm reaching Ocean Future before I begin collecting prizes.

f37c9559f585edbe2d21c874a6b9c2aa.png

Then, look over the event quests and prepare.
You are going to need to conquer a province and maybe finish a tech too.
Some players like to howl bloody murder over these simple requirements.
Everyone does these same things 100's of times in their game.

Save your apples.
Do not get some then blow them like a fool.
Get a big pile of Apples.
Wait for a prize you must have.
Then go for the Big Baskets.

Big Baskets are worth having.
Big Baskets offer Durable Prizes.
Don't go for the little baskets unless you like prizes that are of lesser value.
Use patience like I do, and you'll increase your odds of winning big.

6a0a65204103866745f8bfb44e7e8e1f.png

This is where my advise is coming from.

DeletedUser26154

This is where my advise is coming from.

As an after-thought I'll show my entire city with 27 complete Special Building Sets.
Other than my Great buildings, 5 Hover Tank Factories, some Premium Supply buildings, my Cherry Trees and Town Hall.
Almost everything else I won during Events.
I have a City full of Proof and Experience winning Events.

dc8699052000260a54cc1798c4bf17ad.png

You are best taking my advise.

DeletedUser26154

Hope my luck isn't as rotten in the live servers.

I feel The A-Log-Rhythem goes in "waves".
You'll have "runs of luck" and "Dead spells".
Like a card game... You'll get a series of "Bad Beats".
Then it breaks, and goes "average" or "Bull Run".

It's all about feeling when it happens.
Yes I know I sound like a Drunken Guru right now.

cc0fcd7200daac2e5c555a8bf9a65708.png

But being a Card Player, a Gamer, and ... dozen other things for so long...
I have a feel for it.
Gambling with Numbers and Logic is a Winning Strategy but only gets you so far.
It really helps to play the odds as much in your favor as possible.

The rest is getting the Feel for the Event.
Knowing when you are in the "low part" of your luck cycle.
Everything follows cycles, even "random" things have "random cycles".
When you feel your luck sucking mud, stop what you're doing and wait.

Later on, try again and see how it feels.
If it feels good, go some more.
This really sounds crazy but to me and my perceptions, and way of doing it really helped.
When I intentionally pushed through what I felt were low parts of my luck cycle, the results were obvious.

When I would test again, feeling my luck running high, that's when I made gains.
Very easy-to-see gains too, hitting many good prizes in short bursts of spending.
The Cycles matter as much as knowing numbers and odds.
Have Logic in one hand, Feelings in the other.

images (8).jpg

And using both right, you'll win, but it takes practice and perceptions.

DeletedUser

I feel The A-Log-Rhythem goes in "waves".
You'll have "runs of luck" and "Dead spells".
Like a card game... You'll get a series of "Bad Beats".
Then it breaks, and goes "average" or "Bull Run".

It's all about feeling when it happens.
Yes I know I sound like a Drunken Guru right now.

View attachment 6670

But being a Card Player, a Gamer, and ... dozen other things for so long...
I have a feel for it.
Gambling with Numbers and Logic is a Winning Strategy but only gets you so far.
It really helps to play the odds as much in your favor as possible.

The rest is getting the Feel for the Event.
Knowing when you are in the "low part" of your luck cycle.
Everything follows cycles, even "random" things have "random cycles".
When you feel your luck sucking mud, stop what you're doing and wait.

Later on, try again and see how it feels.
If it feels good, go some more.
This really sounds crazy but to me and my perceptions, and way of doing it really helped.
When I intentionally pushed through what I felt were low parts of my luck cycle, the results were obvious.

When I would test again, feeling my luck running high, that's when I made gains.
Very easy-to-see gains too, hitting many good prizes in short bursts of spending.
The Cycles matter as much as knowing numbers and odds.
Have Logic in one hand, Feelings in the other.

View attachment 6671

And using both right, you'll win, but it takes practice and perceptions.
Oh, please. You didn't get all those special event sets by any of this balderdash. You got them the same way the Yankees got a lot of their World Series wins, by buying them. And we all know it. So you can save your "guruspeak" for another group of gullibles. We're on to you. :p
38469323.jpg

qaccy

Oh, please. You didn't get all those special event sets by any of this balderdash. You got them the same way the Yankees got a lot of their World Series wins, by buying them. And we all know it. So you can save your "guruspeak" for another group of gullibles. We're on to you. :p
38469323.jpg

ardak simply increased his number of attempts with diamonds, although not mentioning as much may be a bit misleading. Spending diamonds does not increase your odds of winning something per attempt, they simply allow you more attempts in which to do so. Does that make sense? In other words, 10 attempts with 1 'good' prize is the same ratio as 100 attempts with 10 'good' prizes, and spending diamonds has no impact on that. No offense, but too many folks think like you and tend to miss that sometimes and just look at the overall number of prizes won without considering that in the long run, everyone's odds are the same.

All that being said, his advice still holds. It's better to save up your event currency (in this case, apples) until the final days of the event so you have more attempts to get whatever you might be looking for when it shows up in a basket.

DeletedUser26965

So who will have a Bountiful Cider Mill City?

1. We start with 85 Apples. 330 from questline one. 630 from questline two. 520 from questline three. 1565 apples total, any more will come from a single apple you can get aiding another player and 2, 3 and 5 amount apple trees in your city(think I was averaging 10 trees in my city a day, results will differ depending on how many active players you have aiding you of course), the 5 amount apple tree is very rare. Basket 1 costs 75 apples(10% for Today's Special), basket 2 costs 135 apples (20% for Today's Special).
  2. I like that there is no timer/wait time for any of the questlines but still a lot throttled by the "spend fp" requirements, something like 300fp total to spend. Was able to do all the quests within a few days on Beta on my little EMA city.
  3. Not sure how many newer players will have 2400 goods to donate for the gain a province option quests but hey at least there's an option.
  4. They never revealed to us what the limit per day is for planting and I suspect they only accounted for 80 friends not 140. So maybe X amount out of 238 total possible instead of 298 possible but my testing was limited so I'm not entirely sure.
  5. Kind of weird this is still on Beta, guess they got behind.
  6. Got enough apples to get 1 fully upgraded mill and most likely another up to level 3 but don't think I'll get enough apples to get that one fully upgraded.
  7. Got HoF, nice to see them in the event. Got a couple WW's, some OBS prints and some junk.

My favorite looking mill is the Fruitful Cider Mill(lvl3) with the horses.

index.php

Thanks for the event.

DeletedUser

ardak simply increased his number of attempts with diamonds, although not mentioning as much may be a bit misleading. Spending diamonds does not increase your odds of winning something per attempt, they simply allow you more attempts in which to do so. Does that make sense? In other words, 10 attempts with 1 'good' prize is the same ratio as 100 attempts with 10 'good' prizes, and spending diamonds has no impact on that. No offense, but too many folks think like you and tend to miss that sometimes and just look at the overall number of prizes won without considering that in the long run, everyone's odds are the same.

All that being said, his advice still holds. It's better to save up your event currency (in this case, apples) until the final days of the event so you have more attempts to get whatever you might be looking for when it shows up in a basket.
Although the advice to save up your event currency is good advice, I still have to disagree with your assessment of spending Diamonds in the specific case of the Summer Event with spinning the wheel to win prizes. When there are a set number of prizes on the wheel, and each one you win is removed from the equation, spending Diamonds absolutely does increase your chances of winning the good prizes. All you have to do is wait until what you want is on the wheel, then spend the Diamonds to spin as many times as it takes to win it. The only variable that can negatively affect this is if someone else either spins at the same time and wins it, or if someone else happens to refresh the wheel. My experience with this past Summer Event where Ardak won all those sets was that there was much less spinning going on. Especially as the end of the event drew near and non-spenders were out of spins. You would be correct in that the overall odds wouldn't change if he were, say, opening chests. But that is because every prize is in play for every attempt in that case, which is not true with the Summer Event wheel.

DeletedUser26154

Spending diamonds does not increase your odds of winning something per attempt, they simply allow you more attempts in which to do so.

True.
There is no bias to spending money.
My odds are the same as everyone else's.

spending Diamonds in the specific case of the Summer Event with spinning the wheel to win prizes

Just gives you more attempts, that's all.
More attempts means more wins.

All that being said, his advice still holds.

Working Strong.

BAxIVJsCUAInZA4.png

Since the Summer 2016 Event.

DeletedUser26120

So who will have a Bountiful Cider Mill City
I won't have a city full but I plan to have at least two - the one you get with event + first bonus. Will need to win 2 more upgrade kits for the second as you get enough apples to get bonus #2 to upgrade the 2nd cider mill.

Considering it takes 3 upgrade kits to finish I don't think many people will have more than two.

qaccy

@Stephen Longshanks
You still merely get more attempts. Someone who saves up all of their event tickets obtained via quests can do the exact same thing as someone who spends diamonds to buy them. The only difference is that the diamond buyer can do it more...in other words, more attempts. Their tickets, however, are not any better/more likely to win 'good' prizes than ones obtained from the event itself. Indeed, though someone with diamonds can brute-force their way to as much as they want, someone with limited tickets is still able to win a pretty good haul if they watch the wheel closely enough and get fairly lucky. If someone without diamonds wins 20 good prizes with 50 tickets because they spun opportunistically and someone with diamonds obtains 20 prizes with 200 tickets because they were refreshing a bunch and clearing out every wheel with a good prize until they won it, does your argument that 'spending diamonds means your event results are invalid' still hold true?

Anyway, am I the only one wishing the Cider Mill remained as a supply building instead of becoming yet another multi-producer when you upgrade it? I think that little bugger just might be the best supply producer in the game. I might actually just want to get more of the base buildings and not even bother with the upgrades...

DeletedUser

@Stephen Longshanks
You still merely get more attempts. Someone who saves up all of their event tickets obtained via quests can do the exact same thing as someone who spends diamonds to buy them. The only difference is that the diamond buyer can do it more...in other words, more attempts. Their tickets, however, are not any better/more likely to win 'good' prizes than ones obtained from the event itself. Indeed, though someone with diamonds can brute-force their way to as much as they want, someone with limited tickets is still able to win a pretty good haul if they watch the wheel closely enough and get fairly lucky. If someone without diamonds wins 20 good prizes with 50 tickets because they spun opportunistically and someone with diamonds obtains 20 prizes with 200 tickets because they were refreshing a bunch and clearing out every wheel with a good prize until they won it, does your argument that 'spending diamonds means your event results are invalid' still hold true?

Anyway, am I the only one wishing the Cider Mill remained as a supply building instead of becoming yet another multi-producer when you upgrade it? I think that little bugger just might be the best supply producer in the game. I might actually just want to get more of the base buildings and not even bother with the upgrades...
The difference is that the non-Diamond buyer is limited to the amount of tickets available through simply playing the event. The Diamond buyer is not. And there are a finite number of prizes on each wheel, unlike the baskets/chests where you have only a percentage chance of getting a good prize. In those cases, the odds are the same for both, but with a finite number of prizes, the Diamond buyer has a huge advantage in acquiring multiples of the best prizes. Sure, the non-spender can get a few of the good prizes, but not nearly as many as the Diamond buyer, and if you're arguing that they can then you're just being contrary.

DeletedUser30312

Thank you SJS Great post. Nice to hear HoF is available.

I might shoot for one of those myself, don't have any yet.

Nope, I'm not really all that fond of multi-producers myself, at least in my own city. Plus we've already got plenty of them, the Bazaar and Terrace Farm aren't all that rare, and we've had the Masquerade Ball and Rosarium already from this year's events. A shame the Cider Mill upgrades don't offer more supplies or put a bonus like happiness or a supply boost on the building instead (I don't think anything military would really make any sense though). I'd rather get several Mills and not upgrade them at all too.

DeletedUser

HoFs are nice for sure. I have 3 and in Contemporary Era I'm producing over 5,000 guild power weekly.

Nearly 1/5th of what we make in GE from just 1 person. It can add up quickly if you get a group of people gunning for HoFs, esp in a new world.
I think I have 7 in my CE city. Not all of them are current era, but they still pump out plenty of Guild Power weekly. I'll have to figure out how much it is. :)

Edited to add: It is 7 HoFs in my city. 3 are CE, 3 are Modern and 1 is Progressive. Totals 10,430 Guild Power Points per week.