• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT 2017

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

Algona

Finished the Quest Lines in 36 hours. on the HMA cuty. Another 12 hours in the Main city.

It;s durdling time, collect Apples plant Trees, and wait for SoK to come around again.

DeletedUser26154

Something worth pointing out.

I got 4 baskets.
3 Large and each gave me a Boost Crate.
1 Small and it gave me a Champion.
I picked a Small Basket on purpose, to see how it feels.

Champion on a small basket to break the streak.png 480 apples.png

Prize Tables below.

great basket.png small basket.png

What are the odds of 4 Baskets in a row giving the 5th Tier Prize?

DeletedUser

What are the odds of 4 Baskets in a row giving the 5th Tier Prize?
For you? Apparently 100%. :p

b5881c8934cb0f576d421317129b501d406e8cc863f6bdc7d71f7b9620ec4e27.jpg

DeletedUser27889

Welp I played ahead, midway through 3rd questline now. Saw the SoK and opened 11 large baskets, received 0 SoKs. I'm now out of apples with only 4 or so quests left for the entirety of the event.

I know I chose to play ahead, completely my choice but I see a quest I can do and I do it, maybe I'm trained or something. I think it would have been better the other way, where you rush through 1 (or in this case 2) and have a third one where they appear each day. As it is now it's day two of Fall Event and I may be able to open one or two more large baskets by the end of it.

So being as though this event is pretty much over for me I won victory towers, boost crates and a lot of BPs....

Prize wise this has been the worst event for me by far.

DeletedUser26660

Welp I played ahead, midway through 3rd questline now. Saw the SoK and opened 11 large baskets, received 0 SoKs. I'm now out of apples with only 4 or so quests left for the entirety of the event.

I know I chose to play ahead, completely my choice but I see a quest I can do and I do it, maybe I'm trained or something. I think it would have been better the other way, where you rush through 1 (or in this case 2) and have a third one where they appear each day. As it is now it's day two of Fall Event and I may be able to open one or two more large baskets by the end of it.

So being as though this event is pretty much over for me I won victory towers, boost crates and a lot of BPs....

Prize wise this has been the worst event for me by far.

I would agree as looks like a load of lame rewards again, how can a Victory Tower be highlighted as a desired reward...where are the HoFs?

DeletedUser29623

I have a question about how quests work. At the moment, I have two options--"scout a province or solve 12 GE encounters." I've got 6 GE encounters left for the week, and a province that will be scouted in 10 hours. If I do the GE enounters now, will I have to wait until next week's GE to complete this quest, or will it be satisfied when the province is scouted?

I've noticed that when the quest specifies "3 troops from the current era or 4 from the previous one" (or the same two options for production buildings) you can't mix and match. If the first troop you recruit is form the previous era, only 3 more from that era will complete the task. But since it's only asking for one province, I'm hoping I can just finish the GE now and not wait until Tuesday to complete the quest,

Freshmeboy

Wait for the scout to finish...otherwise you will wait till next week to finish the quest. Yup, kinda sucks but that's the way it's designed

DeletedUser29055

I opened five or six baskets yesterday for a SOK, no luck. Oh well.

I agree that in terms of prices and the probability of getting the prices, this event is below other events. Especially how difficult it is to get the apples. I am almost done with the second questline, and wished that the apple trees would spawn a bit more than only 2 and the occasional 3 apples.

But, I like the Cider Mills. I will upgrade on fully and one not at all. The Cider Mill is still valuable for me as a production building that has good outcome per square and only requires a single road connection. I just hope to get at least one or two SoKs when they come around the next time.

And otherwise, the value of the rewards depend on the player style and how advanced the player is. Wishing wells, Watchfires, etc. are still valuable for newer players.

And some cities have many victory towers (never understood that, though), so some players find them useful.

DeletedUser26154

I've got 6 GE encounters left for the week, and a province that will be scouted in 10 hours. If I do the GE enounters now, will I have to wait until next week's GE to complete this quest, or will it be satisfied when the province is scouted?

What ever is done first should finish the quest.

But since it's only asking for one province

Has to be done on Continent map.
It's called "Encounters" on the G.E. map, not Provinces.

DeletedUser29623

What ever is done first should finish the quest.

Has to be done on Continent map.
It's called "Encounters" on the G.E. map, not Provinces.

I understand that. I was expressing the hope that because one of the alternatives required only one item--the scouting of one province--it wouldn't matter if I did the GE encounters first. Obviously, the task progress bar can't count two different things (such as productions from buildings in two different eras), so you have to pick one or the other. But if one of the alternatives is a single item, it seems like completing it should fulfill the quest either way.

DeletedUser28903

Thank you ever so much deep diver. I just looked them over.
I was going to suggest some sell building quests--but there is one. And it is one of those annoying quests that sends you back instead of ahead. Destroy CURRENT or Previous age buildings. Your best.

I plunder ppl w horrible old buildings, even Bronze age, polyglot all thrown together like a hurricane's artistry. Those people need a quest that reads something like "sell 2 buildings from the previous age or 4 buildings from earlier ages."

DeletedUser26154

Yes, but at least ardak tends to keep them a reasonable size.

The way you can tell if it's a good size or not, is to look at it when you are not logged into the forums.
It should be a small image.
I try to keep my pictures at 300 x 300 Pixils unless it must be larger to read.
If you are logged out of the forums, and it still fills your screen.

download.jpg

That is much too large and floods a mobile user's browser and messes it up.

Ylisaveta

Thank you ever so much deep diver. I just looked them over.
I was going to suggest some sell building quests--but there is one. And it is one of those annoying quests that sends you back instead of ahead. Destroy CURRENT or Previous age buildings. Your best.

I plunder ppl w horrible old buildings, even Bronze age, polyglot all thrown together like a hurricane's artistry. Those people need a quest that reads something like "sell 2 buildings from the previous age or 4 buildings from earlier ages."

You know that a road or Face of the Ancient/Gate of the Sun God from your age counts as a building, right?

DeletedUser29623

You know that a road or Face of the Ancient/Gate of the Sun God from your age counts as a building, right?
I have a dim memory of deleting a decoration once and having it not work, but I could be mistaken. The road thing is a great tip, thank you!