• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser22281

I'm just waiting for the Cider Mill upgrade to be the daily special. That's all I want. A maxed out Cider Mill. It just looks really cool, way cooler than the Mill of Fall.
I cannot figure out how to get a prosperous cider mill in this event. OR, how to get the cider mill and then the upgrades for it. I've read the instructions over and over but cannot figure out how to get that building. Will it be awarded fully intake instead of needing the upgrades? Thanks for an answer....

DeletedUser30900

I cannot figure out how to get a prosperous cider mill in this event. OR, how to get the cider mill and then the upgrades for it. I've read the instructions over and over but cannot figure out how to get that building. Will it be awarded fully intake instead of needing the upgrades? Thanks for an answer....
If you don’t have a cider mill yet, get the cider mill then get all the upgrade kits. If you do have a cider mill, get the upgrade kit. What’s so difficult about it?

DeletedUser31592

I got a ton of shrink kits yesterday. Pretty much used up all my ingredients getting them though, so I'll be passing on the WW today. Hopefully it'll be back.
This was the second appearance, so it is doubtful. Shrink kits should appear again.

DeletedUser31592

I have 5 Wishing Well farms and am pleased with the results. I wish the WW had come up later in the event, but I will just have to hope the shrink kit comes up for the second time late.

My results (of course, the 1 SoK in each and 1 of the WWs in each were grand prizes, not daily prizes, but still prizes won overall)

C- 62 completed quests- 6 WWs, 1 SoK, various other prizes. 1 apple left
R- 62 completed quests- 7 WWs, 1 SoK, various other prizes. 2 pumpkins and 1 chocolate left
S- 49 completed quests so far (hopefully will come close to catching up by midnight)- 7 WWs, 1 SoK (This is my new farm- just aged into Iron last week)
X- 62 completed quests- 6 WWs, 1 SoK, various other prizes (over 100 FPs) 3 apples left
Y- 62 completed quests, 6 WWs, 1 SoK, various other prizes. 1 apple left

Since it sounds as if some of you are not quite as lucky, this is how I determined how to spend my ingredients:

- Highest star option possible
- When deciding between two items with the same number of stars, I looked at ingredients. I chose the one that I have the most of each ingredient, even if the daily special chance was a few percent lower (I don't think it is ever more than 2% lower within the same tier)
- If star options and ingredients were equal, I looked at percentages. Highest percentage of daily prize is what I chose.
-If star options, ingredients, and percentages were equal, I chose based on the other prizes included. If possible, I wanted WW fragments. It was rare that everything else was equal and I got this far.

With 5 SoKs and 32 WWs (27 Daily Special wins), I think it is safe to conclude my strategy is pretty solid.

RazorbackPirate

Just a random thought for future events.... Why not offer up an expansion as a grand prize or as part of the league rewards? Yes, I know some players may already be maxed so they won’t be able to use this item. Again, just a random idea so please keep the flame comments to yourselves.
I don't ever expect to see Expansions as prizes. I think it is by intent that everyone has the same number of expansions available to them. Also, no one is maxed out when it comes to room to place Expansions, just maxed out with no more expansions available.

Having said that, the game got 3 new Expansions with today's update. 1 Victory and 2 Diamond, I believe.

RazorbackPirate

Since it sounds as if some of you are not quite as lucky, this is how I determined how to spend my ingredients:

- Highest star option possible
- When deciding between two items with the same number of stars, I looked at ingredients. I chose the one that I have the most of each ingredient, even if the daily special chance was a few percent lower (I don't think it is ever more than 2% lower within the same tier)
- If star options and ingredients were equal, I looked at percentages. Highest percentage of daily prize is what I chose.
-If star options, ingredients, and percentages were equal, I chose based on the other prizes included. If possible, I wanted WW fragments. It was rare that everything else was equal and I got this far.

With 5 SoKs and 32 WWs (27 Daily Special wins), I think it is safe to conclude my strategy is pretty solid.
Impressive results. I'm hoping to have similar results when I bake for Cider Mill Upgrades.

With each ingredient worth one star, I'm not paying attention to that. I think the key is,

1st - balance ingredients
2nd - look at %
3rd - stuff in chest

I've had good results so far, but I've only baked a few things to get one SoK and one Cider Mill as Daily Specials in both cities.

DeletedUser31592

Cider Mill holds no appeal for me. I have so many Terrace Farms in my inventory in all cities, no space to put them. I DO have a few mills in place from last year. I was able to upgrade a couple before the event. The rest I will go after a single upgrade.

With my main, I honestly don't know what to go after.... I suppose SoKs. I will store some FP production buildings and replace them with SoKs. Most of the day there is nothing for anyone to m/p in my city, anyway. SoKs are more efficient and can't be plundered (although I can't remember the last time something of value was plundered....)

Jase249

I think the new Victory Expansion today was Inno's mea culpa for dropping a dud on the Fall Event...

RazorbackPirate

Cider Mill holds no appeal for me. I have so many Terrace Farms in my inventory in all cities, no space to put them. I DO have a few mills in place from last year. I was able to upgrade a couple before the event. The rest I will go after a single upgrade.

With my main, I honestly don't know what to go after.... I suppose SoKs. I will store some FP production buildings and replace them with SoKs. Most of the day there is nothing for anyone to m/p in my city, anyway. SoKs are more efficient and can't be plundered (although I can't remember the last time something of value was plundered....)
I don't have a Cider Mill in either of my cities so they and the upgrades have an appeal for me. My goal is one Prosperous Mill in each city. Even if only for inventory. Like you, TFs and SoKs take priority. By the end of the event, I'll have 2 more expansions to place in each city, so I'll have the space for both the Mill of Fall and the Prosperous Mill. I already have it fully planned out in City Planner. It looks nice...

Love everything about the event... except the fragments. Ugh. Reminds me of Elvenar shards <shudder>
Please explain.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34800

Is nobody else hoping base mill + upgrades show up here like idol did? lol

Not I. Personally, I don't like the looks of the Mills of Fall. Just not appealing to me. They're all right buildings (colorful is good for FPs/square) but nothing really great. Combined with their mediocre looks (my opinion) and I barely want the free one (gonna pick colorful).

Cider Mill upgrades all the way for me.

DeletedUser32328

Is nobody else hoping base mill + upgrades show up here like idol did? lol
Would be very nice. But if the cider mill upgrades become available I'm going to go for those. Not going to take the risk to wait for it.

Rhyyss

I don't have a Cider Mill in either of my cities so they and the upgrades have an appeal for me. My goal is one Prosperous Mill in each city. Even if only for inventory. Like you, TFs and SoKs take priority. By the end of the event, I'll have 2 more expansions to place in each city, so I'll have the space for both the Mill of Fall and the Prosperous Mill. I already have it fully planned out in City Planner. It looks nice...

rhyyss said:
Love everything about the event... except the fragments. Ugh. Reminds me of Elvenar shards <shudder>

Please explain.

Another game by Inno, Elvenar, is well liked, but was not my cup of tea. It uses a much more convoluted method to build great buildings, including something similar to the fragments introduced in this event.

RazorbackPirate

I just used up all my ingredients in both cities going after Cider Mill Upgrades. I got the 4 I needed in one city, only 3 in the other. The one I only got 3 in, I had already spent about 15 more ingredients going after SoKs and the Cider Mill previously. I selected almost entirely based on balancing ingredients. In one city I have 1 Chocolate left, in the other city I have 1 Apple, 1 Chocolate, and 1 Caramel. I cannot bake anything in either city.

I hope Cider Mill Upgrades make a second appearance so I can get that last one. On Beta, Cider Mills showed up twice, but upgrades only once. Fingers crossed.

In the process, I got 1 Forest of Fall and 1 Pond of Fall and the 6 upgrades needed in each city as well.

Last edited:

FunnyWanderer

Man I hate having the ingredients as a DQ item. Third time in one week that I was all ready to get some good DQ item and instead got 1 ingredient. It makes the DQ not worth doing when the rewards are so crappy. And not getting lots of medals or FP that I was supposed to get makes it even more frustrating!

Jase249

I think I've hit the point where I should probably seek help for my FoE addiction. My boss came into my office Friday to tell me I'm getting a raise; my first thought was "why didn't you tell me this yesterday so I would know it was OK to buy some more Rogue Hideout Shrink Kits!"

So...yeah. Please, please, please IG. Give us another shot at the RH shrink kits as the daily special. It was offered twice on Beta and is probably the big seller for this event so I'm feeling pretty good about getting another crack at it.

DeletedUser34800

I'm good with the event. I have had incredibly good luck this event. I only cared about the Cider Mill and its upgrades.

Got the Cider Mill first try. Really lucky. Got all 4 upgrades within 6 baked recipes. Super lucky. I'm all done now.

Still have a bunch of ingredients left over. I didn't prioritize equal spending. I went for highest special chance, so have some more of some than others. Apples are my most. Now I can just go ahead and get daily specials I want.

Overall, I liked the event. Ingredients in incidents was nice. In daily challenges, I'm 50/50. Some DCs suck, but I would complete them for the ingredient. Others have stuff I want, and having an ingredient in those sucked.

The dual quest line was fantastic. Loved it. There was always something to do, even when stuck on one. I'm sure it's also helping out F2P players to complete the quest line easier.

As far as the Mill of Fall goes, I'm also 50/50. It's a nice building (not great, but nice), and it's really easy to get a maxed one with no spending. I also find it ugly and unappealing to have in my city. It looks well designed and I'm sure people love it. I just don't for some reason. The trees and flowers are nice, but the Mill itself is off putting (to me).

I'm still going to finish the quests and bake stuff. It's an enjoyable event, and since I got what I wanted, I can just grab whatever else I feel like. Not sure what though.

Graviton

Man I hate having the ingredients as a DQ item. Third time in one week that I was all ready to get some good DQ item and instead got 1 ingredient. It makes the DQ not worth doing when the rewards are so crappy. And not getting lots of medals or FP that I was supposed to get makes it even more frustrating!

You know, I'm with you on this. I originally posted that I thought it was great that ingredients were offered in the DCs. After a few days I've changed my mind. I'm good with them being available in Incidents, but not the DCs. I either feel like I'm missing out on ingredients if I have to skip a DC, or I feel kinda cheated when I do a DC and get one.