• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2023 Feedback

Edward _MMXIII

I see the exact opposite on my boards ..... no coffee ...... lots of unconnected colors .... I cannot even make it into Amateur League let alone Bronze.

What am I doing WRONG ?

Ebeondi Asi

You are trapped in one of several black holes of Foedom. Nothing to do but wait until you accidentally drift out of the Bog of Stench of no rewards,. Just like you accidentally drifted into it.
Other such black holes are for getting way way more attrtion for 2 or 3 SC in GbG Sometimes even with 4..
The black hole no rewards in GE.
The black hole of no rewards for Himeji or Space carrier
etc..
Some claim these are fictions.. Those of us who have lived through them know better.

Dursland

The worst is when no coffee cups show up, and you go through, like, 22 moves, and one spawns at the top. It's happened to me a couple of times, and it is so annoying.
Yes that's why I thought Inno had nerfed the event.

First day going for Sunflower kits I got great boards (like 20 or so) and 15 sunflower kits.

Then next day it was bad boards like the screenshots above and no cups. I was so convinced it was a nerf lol.

But no - the event is just streaky. Sometimes you will get good boards, sometimes average, and unfortunately there are really bad boards too.

The trick is to spend your flour on the good boards where you keep getting cups. I got a 13-cup board for about 300-400 flour earlier.

Ebeondi Asi

I have fully commited to not bothering with this Event. I was dithering a bit with Should I or? But have commited to not doing anythiing for the Event at all now. The last Event was such a steaming pile (having zero to do with soccer. and nothing interesting about it at all..except the prizes were nice) Since this event decided to reuse a hard to play minigame, and making much weaker besides and only marginally better prizes. The 2x2 pumpkin might have been interesting until I saw it. It looks rediculous, sorry to say... The prizes this time around just cannot make up for the lack of interesting play.!!!
So I happily am ignoring the rest of the event all together. Thanks for convincing me to take a break from Events Inno!
I can keep working on my Titan GBs..

Sharmon the Impaler

I had a glut of Nutcrakers (38 planted) and am hitting the donkey enclosures hard to replace as many as possible down to 15 Nutcrackers left. I hope the Epic Kits come up as a DS again. 0 diamonds spent on this event. The last event was ok only for the Bougainville and the Couples Resorts. I make a ton of finish all special frags and make about 4 per day. This combined with the Bougainville Tree gives me a new Couples every 12 days.

Pericles the Lion

Curious to know your league status ..... I am still @ trainee with no hope of reaching apprenticeship .... MTG algorithm tied to expenditures ??????
Nobody has ever provided any data showing that the algorithm it tied to spending so I would say "no". However, league standing is most definitely tied to spending diamonds and/or cash. For events with Leagues it has always been this way. I'm solidly in Apprentice in the two cities that I am participating in the event. No diamonds or cash spent so far.

Athanofthered

Star baker for me with 650k points didn't need to spend much really because I had a ton of saved dimonds.

Already have the main event building in my city the rest of my spoons and flour will be spent trying to at least secure professional if I can get first though even better but good luck trying to beat the big spenders in my world lmao.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

I had a glut of Nutcrakers (38 planted) and am hitting the donkey enclosures hard to replace as many as possible down to 15 Nutcrackers left. I hope the Epic Kits come up as a DS again. 0 diamonds spent on this event. The last event was ok only for the Bougainville and the Couples Resorts. I make a ton of finish all special frags and make about 4 per day. This combined with the Bougainville Tree gives me a new Couples every 12 days.

Thanks for the spark, @Sharmon the Impaler. I had 11 Donkey 2x2 squares from this event in beta sitting in inventory - and I just seemed to keep getting them in droves. I wasn't thrilled to do so, but you can't always pick the exact right DS in any event, and eventually do run out of event runway sometimes. so the plane has to take off - or crash.

Your noted interest in the DE sparked my re-review of my beta city - and just what this delivers and what value it could have.

So.... I ripped up 11, now 4 year old RTV (Road to Victory ,<--- from GbG) pieces @ 6 squares each, and replaced them each with a smaller 4 square DE, as a new comprehensive, and yes - slightly more efficient product.

Nothing wrong with that - less space used, slightly better product.

Thanks for sharing your perception as to their value.

Last edited:

Lothar123

Am I the only one who, after rolling out of bed, with one eye still refusing to open and before that first cup of coffee, mistook a couple of yellow cups for cups of coffee? I hadn't even realized that the two of them look similar until I literally mistook one for the other.