• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Cultural Settlement - Polynesia

Sharmon the Impaler

The player xivarmy claimed to do the first run through Egypt in 12.5 days. You think that is possible without massive diamond infusion? I sure don't buy that. Also, imo mooingcat is far from infallible and a bit of a know it all to boot imo. can do better in St. Patty's day event for example by doing my own strategy rather than following mooing cat guide.
Lol , a likely story ha ha ha

xivarmy

If you did the first Egypt run in 12.5 days you were spending significant amt of diamonds lol
Here is the official chart for finishing the different cultural settlements:
Even the official timed rewards you get for the cultural settlements show that Egypt takes the longest and its not really even close, well except compared to the viking because you need to do a lot more playthroughs but viking would still be faster if no diamonds were spent on either.

Aprox: time for all settlement playthroughs using time for highest number off fragments for the extra settlement buildings you get as a timed reward

202-viking-first playthrough 16 days-about 202 days overall

Japan 14 days first playthrough- about 144 days overall

Aztec – 18 days first playthrough – about 177 days overall

Mughal 23 days first playthrough - about174 days overall

Egypt 28 days first playthrough -about 219 days overall-as you can see finishing in 28 days on the first run in Egypt gives the max number of fragments for the extra building-claiming to do it in well under half the time is just stupid and if you actually spend thousands of diamonds to do it then that wasn't a very smart use of resources lol
Spending lots of diamonds to rush the settlement and then claiming that Egypt is second fastest due to that is a nonsensical claim too.
That's the target goals. Egypt takes *much* less than it's target goal if you know what you're doing. It has the steepest learning curve (needing to learn to fight) and therefore has the most margin for error.

And I not only did it in that time, i documented it to help guildmates with it a few years ago! A bit long to post here, but I can copy it out somewhere if you like. Both the plan (which budgeted 13 days), and the result of run 1 on a new server which took 12.5, no diamonds.

jaymoney23456

That's the target goals. Egypt takes *much* less than it's target goal if you know what you're doing. It has the steepest learning curve (needing to learn to fight) and therefore has the most margin for error.

And I not only did it in that time, i documented it to help guildmates with it a few years ago! A bit long to post here, but I can copy it out somewhere if you like. Both the plan (which budgeted 13 days), and the result of run 1 on a new server which took 12.5, no diamonds.
Keeping spreading your nonsense if you like but there is no way you did the first playthrough of Egypt in 12.5 days without spending diamonds. I guess some love spreading crap on the forums for those gullible enough to believe it though.

jaymoney23456

You do know inno designed the target time to be hard and get players to spend diamonds. Then here you come along and claim to do it with no diamonds in less than half the time of the top target goal. Get real! To even get the 4x for the fights once in the first playthrough would take well over 30 battles, which would take you nearly the entire time of your claimed 12.5 day finish time. Add that to the fact that you have the same miniscule chance to produce 4x the goods from the goods buildings on the first playthrough and your not shaving much time off even if you beat all the battles each day.

xivarmy

Keeping spreading your nonsense if you like but there is no way you did the first playthrough of Egypt in 12.5 days without spending diamonds. I guess some love spreading crap on the forums for those gullible enough to believe it though.
Some sure do... ;) Determined that there's no way anyone could possibly do better than them!

jaymoney23456

Some sure do... ;) Determined that there's no way anyone could possibly do better than them!
Here is a hint. IF your gonna make something up at least make it so that its plausible. That way maybe someone will actually believe you and you will not look so foolish. lol

JJ597

Let's get this thread back to discussing Polynesia settlement. If you two want to attack each other, can you do it privately?

Avan Sensei

To even get the 4x for the fights once in the first playthrough would take well over 30 battles, which would take you nearly the entire time of your claimed 12.5 day finish time.
You could be right on that. In my first play-through I did not get a single 4X loot. In my 2nd play-through I got it only once.

PJS299

Well, I'm right in the middle of Japan. Gave up on settlements a while ago (only got a couple upgrades for Japan), but now I'm back at it. Looking forward to finishing so I can try the new settlement!

Edit: Although it may take me a few months to finish lol. I play the settlements very casually. I don't spend diamonds or follow a guide...

jaymoney23456

Well, I'm right in the middle of Japan. Gave up on settlements a while ago (only got a couple upgrades for Japan), but now I'm back at it. Looking forward to finishing so I can try the new settlement!

Edit: Although it may take me a few months to finish lol. I play the settlements very casually. I don't spend diamonds or follow a guide...
Japanese is the easiest of the cultural settlements so it should be relatively quick compared to the others.

Sharmon the Impaler

If you want to ramp up gently then Japanese is the best to start with and then Vikings. The trick is to be ok with deleting buildings instead of trying to reorganize when eaach new task come up , it will save you lots of time.

planetofthehumans2

I'm halfway on my settlement on beta, it's largely just sit and collect for 2 weeks. I'll do this one and delete all of my past age goods buildings/gb because good lord 500 daily is a lot more than necessary even if you neg GE5. I already did the rest except japan, might think on that one.

Its too bad you can't convert past age to current age goods.

WillyTwoShoes

I don't necessarily "follow a guide" either but Mooingcats settlement guides had some really excellent time saving tips that I found very useful. Especially regards the Egyptian settlement.

I'm looking forward to pulling my Bathhouse out of inventory and getting some new life out of it :)

WillyTwoShoes

I'm a fan of the settlements myself and don't mind the "something to do sideline" while taking care of business in my city.

I know its been mentioned by others but I'll point to it again

- The emissaries got some pretty nice buffs also and that tends to be an overlooked consideration when deciding which settlement to pursue.
- The timed building fragments got forgotten? Overlooked? They are as much a consideration as the main buildings IMO

WillyTwoShoes

I think if you are mostly a F2P player there is no good reason not to pursue a settlement building or two. Its a side that you can spend more or less time on as your schedule permits and the buildings/emissaries are on a par with any of the event offerings. Just wish they would upgrade the timed building rewards as I enjoy the challenge and rewards of that settlement aspect.

jimakoskx

jay....AIGYPT-Playthrough 4 (and all after) is exactly 11 (or even less) days for me WITHOUT ANY DIAMONTS.

Propably this is possible for first playthrough if the player knows how to do it (example start Aigypt in a new server)
(just i dint hold evidence for 1st,2nd,3rd) but i have evidence for >=4th....to saw you...

And yes its nice to make your own strategy but
if your strategy is right then will match (in most if not all) with the 'old players-drivers' strategy.
So reading some is nice !!!...as you do here...you reading us...