• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Dursland

hmm, got a daily challenge to fight 8 battles in GE today, Thur. I don't recall getting a GE challenge after Wednesday. I actually do GE, L1 Tue, check for the nego challenge. Wed, I check for nego again, then I proceed to finish GE at a faster pace. I am not 100% (like 99%) sure but I have been doing GE for a while, same way. Even when we race, I finish GE Wed after the DC. I just wonder if it has any possible connection to GE now doing auto complete at E80 vs the E64 before. If I did get on on a Thur, maybe 1/300 days, but I don't think so.
Last week I got a daily challenge to do GE on Thursday or Friday. I was so glad I'd left level 4 uncompleted.

I am leaving level 4 uncompleted every week until I've finished Sunday's daily challenge, then I can do GE and have it finish Monday morning without worrying about whether it's going to ask for GE5 encounters or not.

As a player who has high enough attack and defense levels using event buildings and other attack/defense buildings, the cost of obtaining the Forgotten Temple and any of the other awards in Level 5 are simply not worth the cost. In short, to paraphrase an old saying, the game (GE Lv 5) is not worth the candle to play it. From my perspective as a 7 yr player who has paid cash for diamonds in the past, the changes to GE are only negative, making the game less interesting and less playable. There is a slow chipping away of what made FOE so popular in the first place. It's understandable that the company needs to profit from the game but they need to find other ways to do that allow for freedom to pay cash or not rather than changing the ground rules and creating situations were players must use cash and/or diamonds. The company should be looking to make GE lvs 1-4 more interesting instead of less, and take another look at the stats for Lv5 to bring better balance between costs and rewards Making negative changes after so many years of game time is a sure loser.

CDmark

Didn't want the weekend to end without saying thanks, thanks for the portraits in GE5. I didn't want to put out a complete divine sky watch, L1 serpent with serpent spikes in week 5, I was actually waiting for week 6 (could possibly be more) because I like fighting against opponents with higher A/D than mine. How did you know?
GET RID OF PORTRAITS AND CREDIT PLAYERS for the work they did.

Attachments

• cdg 3 portraits.JPG
    cdg 3 portraits.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 2

honey55

Has anyone in jupiter finished level 5 of ge using just their city defense boosts. I know I've asked before but only got one answer to this question and it was just for doing the first wave. I want to determine if it is worth changing my city for. If my boosts have to be 2000/2000, i will try to collect buildings, but I'm not going to place them. My attack boosts aren't much higher and that took years to collect. A chart showing what is needed to fight each wave in each age would really be helpful. If i want to do level 5 i probably should turn my jupiter city into a diamond farm and play my future city instead. I used to play it till the game started taking too much time.

Orius Maximus

I had the Virgo already, and my opinion on it was that it was probably most useful for GE as it doesn't have enough uses to make much of a difference in GvG or GbG. I agree that it's probably going to help with GE5.

As for the PvP Arena, I don't have a Deal and I don't miss it. I think the Deal is most useful if one is active in GvG and then only if the guild really cares that much about the support bonus.

Pericles the Lion

In case anyone is interested. I removed some roads from my SAJM main city to drop my attack army boosts to 908/761. With these boosts, a L125 AO, and no Kraken/Virgo, I was able to battle to 60 attrition (751%). Then, I moved the roads and brought my boosts up to 1491/1208. Here, I was able to battle to 95 attrition (barely). At 60 attrition the opposing units have boosts about the same as those for GE74. At 95 attrition, the boost is the same as for GE80. So, it would appear that defending army boosts of about 900/750 will get a player to GE74 and it will take boosts of about 1500/1200 to fight all the way.

Portia the Benevolent

What one of the top players in O world posted. SAJM:

already have my city defense at 4460% and still loosing GE5 battles ! not sure what inno expects from this…

4650% now, passed 73 with 1 unit left !…

at 5150% now, lost again…

can't win 75 at 5650%…

just lost 78 at 9400%…

used all my boosts, got me to 319% att and 10652% def, could not win encounter 78, i'm done!…

honey55

I'm in SAJM. Last season my Defense boosts were both <150 and I couldn't beat the first wave of the first encounter. This season, with boosts of 191/347 (no potions or tavern) I was able to win the first wave but not the second. Like you, I'm trying to determine what is necessary to win the first 7-8 battles. Hopefully, others will be able to help fill in the missing pieces.
Did you fight manually? What units did you use?

Pericles the Lion

What one of the top players in O world posted. SAJM:

already have my city defense at 4460% and still loosing GE5 battles ! not sure what inno expects from this…

4650% now, passed 73 with 1 unit left !…

at 5150% now, lost again…

can't win 75 at 5650%…

just lost 78 at 9400%…

used all my boosts, got me to 319% att and 10652% def, could not win encounter 78, i'm done!…
LOL. A million defense won't make up for the 319% attack boost when fighting against 1383% boosts. Every time the opposing army hit one of their units it caused at least 1 damage. Meanwhile, with 319%, they couldn't inflict enough damage on the opposing army.

honey55

I auto-battled to get close then manual. 2 Harpoons and 6 Rogues mostly. 8 Gliders when against lots of arty. 8 Arty when against 8 Heavies.
I added some buildings and 90 total in boosts to have 180/ 357. I bought a buildng for the slot giving 50 attack. I couldn't win on auto or manually, but I'm afraid i haven't ever fought manually in this age as i haven't been in it that long and rarely fought manually in venus.

honey55

I'm confident that I'll never fight my way thru GE5, negotiating will have to do.
If it has to be negotiated, I'll never do it since i hate negotiating. Right now id be happy if i could do the first wave. The problem is, i hate to put down too many buildings to try and find out that it isn't worth the space and not have store its to put them back in inventory. It was a very bad time to turn store its into fragments since redoing ones city to do ge5 takes lots of store its.

Mor-Rioghain

If it has to be negotiated, I'll never do it since i hate negotiating. Right now id be happy if i could do the first wave. The problem is, i hate to put down too many buildings to try and find out that it isn't worth the space and not have store its to put them back in inventory. It was a very bad time to turn store its into fragments since redoing ones city to do ge5 takes lots of store its.
I'm confused! Are you talking about storing general and/or event/specialty buildings? or those acquired in GE? Since this is the feedback thread for GE Level 5, I'd have to presume that you mean buildings acquired and to my knowledge you cannot store anything that you've earned there. You can sell them at the Auction Dealer but you can't pick them. (Now if there's a difference with some of the new GE5 buildings, i.e., Serpent, then I'm unsure as I've not really bothered to study up on it much).

Haov

After 6 years and 9 worlds, leveling great buildings thousands of times no longer kept my interest. I had a bunch of wishing well cities, not to save me cash, or get some of the perks that come along with diamonds (such as expansions) but as something to do. I wanted to fill my cities with wishing wells for shits and giggles. After working on this for years inno decides to remove wishing wells from events. So that screwed that plan. Next option, do GE to farm some fountain of youths. So i get to work setting up my WW cities for GE. For an entire year i first build up some fp gbs to level gbs, then the attack gbs so i can auto battle GE (because i can't stand to negotiate much anymore). I'm finally about set ready to get it going and Inno screws me again and nerfs the fountain of youths so hard it's like they may as well not even be there. At this point my screw hole is so reamed out I'm ready to share the love.

honey55

Pizzerias give store building fragments.
I have one. It gives 2 fragments a day. You need 15, so about one a week. That's nothing if one wants to redo their city and end up wanting to change it back. I could always delete my ritual flames if i decided they weren't wortb the space but then if later i needed city defense for something else I wouldn't have them.