• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

CDmark

now in X, encounter 9 showed me 10% FS chain and 90% FS chain. Didnt get pic bcs I collected it by accident, no portrait listed but the 10% line was still there. hmm, not sure what is happening, didnt check before battling. Maybe next Ge I will watch closer.

CDmark

OK when you select build, this is in X,
E1-12 and 16 show defend-negotiate-build
E13,14,15 shows build-defend-negotiate

Why not just the same order? Minor detail but it should be consistent I would think. See pics below

Attachments

• ge5 build dnb me e1-12 16 X 4-25.JPG
    ge5 build dnb me e1-12 16 X 4-25.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1
  • ge5 build bdn me e13 14 15 X 4-25.JPG
    ge5 build bdn me e13 14 15 X 4-25.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 1

CDmark

Well, I have to be the luckiest player in FOE, how I can hit those 10%'s for portraits. Funny, my luck seems to be different when there is 30% for diamonds. Even events when the daily special is 10% or 12%, I could go thru 40 of them until I hit. Oh well, 12 or 13 more and I am hopefully done with them.

MKPapa

Let me clarify something.
So we have to heavily push up our defense army boosts to get:
1) a temporary building that gives us both attacking and defense army boost;
2) permanent building that provides attacking army boost (with chain).

Most players do not have free space in their cities. therefore, even if we ignore the fact that these GE5 buildings require long time to build and level, we have to replace our existing attacking army boost buildings with newly built defense army boost building just for the purpose of getting another attacking army boost buildings. Nice for collectors, but does not make much sense for the rest.

IMO, GE5 makes sense only for those who produce a lot of goods with no use for them, and/or already have high defense army boost. These folks can get serpents with not much effort.

Pericles the Lion

Let me clarify something.
So we have to heavily push up our defense army boosts to get:
1) a temporary building that gives us both attacking and defense army boost;
2) permanent building that provides attacking army boost (with chain).

Most players do not have free space in their cities. therefore, even if we ignore the fact that these GE5 buildings require long time to build and level, we have to replace our existing attacking army boost buildings with newly built defense army boost building just for the purpose of getting another attacking army boost buildings. Nice for collectors, but does not make much sense for the rest.

IMO, GE5 makes sense only for those who produce a lot of goods with no use for them, and/or already have high defense army boost. These folks can get serpents with not much effort.
I think you nailed it! ;)

MKPapa

My main concern is the general direction FoE is being pushed by Inno in.
1. Pay to win in events where you cannot get high stats buildings without paying real money for them. The last anniversary is perfect example.
2. High speed inventory cluttering with not just fragments, but with insane variety of multi-building selection kits, which require a lot of time to dig through using manually filled spreadsheets just to get a view on what you own.
3. Lost clarity on city development strategies. Until GE5, most players would build cities with balance between attack and production. Now, with GE5, nobody understands where Inno is going to in regards to the defense army boosts.
These are very bad signs for me personally.

Angry.Blanket

You don't need to take part. You city will not crumble if you do not complete GE 5. Why worry?
On the other hand, This is a game, One should expect challenges.

Start your own online game. Free to play. So what if you have to spend $22,000 a month just for electricity Suck it up. No problem.
When you need more servers, you can start a "Go Fund Me page?
Yes it is a game, but it is very hard to play a game when the goal posts keep moving.

honey55

Players sure are rude to people giving negative feedback here. It's why i quit coming to the forum for so long. Some just can't seem to allow anyone to have the right to complain about features of the game here or on beta. Personally if all i read on the forum were people singing Inno's praises, there wouldnt be any reason to come. Every one's opinion is valid if it is true for them. You love it great. You hate it. Great. I'm in between. I completed ge5 for the first time. I used lots of boosts. Not sustainable. I broke down and negotiated the last 4. It isn't worth, TO ME, the rewards. Portraits, fragments,etcs. Cost 20 diamonds and lots of goods, and city space. The costs are greater than the rewards, for ME. While it may be true that in 1 to 4 you are guaranteed the fragments of things you will be able to build, you are not guaranteed the diamonds. Also in level 5, you aren't even guaranteed the fragments. You may, or probably, will, get portraits. And even though they made it using blue boosts instead of red and their reason is ok, it still doesnt make ANY sense. A game that was this established, doing something like this just because they want to make us use blue is actually, in MY view, not maybe yours, below them. They cheapened the game. Will i keep doing ge5. Sure. I'm bored. Something to work toward. But I'll not spend a dime on a game headed the way this one is. I came to play a strategy game., not a pay to win game. And if the game isn't ending once they get all the money they can, than it's very likely going to be pay to win.

Cyrus the Adequate

I just finished GE5 for the 4th time. I got the Forgotten Temple. 3x4 squares, 20% FP collection boost, 40% Attack/attack (red) boost, and 50% Defense/attack (blue) boost. It's only good for 28 days; to maintain it, I guess you have to finish GE5 every single week. Good incentive.

Flavius Belisarius

So finished GEV yesterday and it didn't cost too many troops LVL 4 and negotiated LVL V with what I believe to be the future goods requirement that will need weekly refurbishment to augment my regular goods production. Cost me 60 Diamonds but I received 150 from this GE. I get 22 current age troops from various Settlement Buildings and Knights' Pavilions. My TRAZ builds GVG Troops.
I now have the Forgotten Temple which I'll install after LVL III next GE for 28 days. I should get at least one more to replace it over the 3-4 GE's. So I should always have one.
Feathered Serpent Frags @ 155/200 so maybe next GE or after will get it.
Feathered Serpent Parts Frag @ 80/100 so I should get the Defense upgrade part installed after the basic building.
I traded in the one Ritual upgrade (LVL 2) I scored as I will do on into the future until Defend ATK buff improves.
I will use the LVL1,3-4 upgrades to feed my Antique Dealer.
So GE LVL 5 for me is okay and I will continue to LVL V finish each week. Just wish there was some thing you could do with all the Avatars I have. Wow, maybe you could have a feature in the Tavern where you could have a rotating display of

qaccy

Players sure are rude to people giving negative feedback here. It's why i quit coming to the forum for so long. Some just can't seem to allow anyone to have the right to complain about features of the game here or on beta. Personally if all i read on the forum were people singing Inno's praises, there wouldnt be any reason to come. Every one's opinion is valid if it is true for them. You love it great. You hate it. Great. I'm in between. I completed ge5 for the first time. I used lots of boosts. Not sustainable. I broke down and negotiated the last 4. It isn't worth, TO ME, the rewards. Portraits, fragments,etcs. Cost 20 diamonds and lots of goods, and city space. The costs are greater than the rewards, for ME. While it may be true that in 1 to 4 you are guaranteed the fragments of things you will be able to build, you are not guaranteed the diamonds. Also in level 5, you aren't even guaranteed the fragments. You may, or probably, will, get portraits. And even though they made it using blue boosts instead of red and their reason is ok, it still doesnt make ANY sense. A game that was this established, doing something like this just because they want to make us use blue is actually, in MY view, not maybe yours, below them. They cheapened the game. Will i keep doing ge5. Sure. I'm bored. Something to work toward. But I'll not spend a dime on a game headed the way this one is. I came to play a strategy game., not a pay to win game. And if the game isn't ending once they get all the money they can, than it's very likely going to be pay to win.
My hot take regarding most negative feedback is that it just sounds entitled to me. If GE5 had used red boosts like the other four levels, pretty much nobody who's complained here about it would be complaining about it because they've already been riding that train for years now. They're pretty much just upset because an already-existing mechanic has been brought even more into relevance and they'd rather have just more of the same. They wanted to auto battle through GE5 from day 1 with their 2000% red military bonuses and are mad only because Inno threw us a curveball by using blue bonuses instead. Sure, none of us could have anticipated that they'd do that, but this isn't the first time a new addition to the game has asked us to re-evaluate what we're placing down in our cities. We've been doing that all along as time passes. Buildings from the tech tree get replaced by a combination of event buildings and GBs, and even some of those event buildings and GBs will end up getting replaced eventually by even better stuff. Is this instance any different just because it potentially involves removing some sacred red military boosts? The horror!

Anyway, just completed GE5 for the third week in a row by fighting. Spent something like 1-1.5k goods for fortifications on the last 4 encounters. Once again made use of Virgo and Kraken, but for the last half of the level instead of just the final four like last week. Missed the Virgo activation on #15 but still pulled through all right thanks to some good RNG with Keen Eye. Kinda nice that if Keen Eye and AO activate on the same attack it's still usually a one-hit, even with the high boosts in the final encounters. Must be some weird math behind it since if just one activates it usually only does like 3-4 damage. Once again pumped my defense stat up to about 3000, seems like a fairly good number to pair with my attack boost. But as I get more attack I expect I can drop that number considerably, at least from potions. I'm hoping I can get some Bear Mountains from the upcoming Wildlife Event which should really help me out!

Also, for some more context behind how my city looks overall, even with my baseline blue bonuses of 630/715, I still also have red bonuses of 514/702. That's with me also wasting a lot of city space by having every GB built (even the objectively bad ones; it's just a personal goal for me).

Johnny B. Goode

My hot take regarding most negative feedback is that it just sounds entitled to me. If GE5 had used red boosts like the other four levels, pretty much nobody who's complained here about it would be complaining about it because they've already been riding that train for years now. They're pretty much just upset because an already-existing mechanic has been brought even more into relevance and they'd rather have just more of the same. They wanted to auto battle through GE5 from day 1 with their 2000% red military bonuses and are mad only because Inno threw us a curveball by using blue bonuses instead.
Ummm, no. Wrong to the extreme. I'm negative about GE5 because it didn't just bring defense army boosts "even more into relevance", it introduced a feature that pretty much demands that they be as high as the attacking boosts we've spent years building up. After having no game feature that even rewarded having defending army boosts to any relevant degree. If they had introduced this with much more reasonable enemy boosts on level 5, then I would have no problem at all with it. I actually have no problem with the fact that it takes a ton of goods to negotiate GE5, because that is actually just the natural progression from GE4.

So, thanks for your self-righteous dismissal of others' genuine feedback on this, but many of us don't have 2000% attacking boosts, and wouldn't have even cared about a GE5 that just extended the same mechanic as GE1-4. I like the idea of it taking defending army boosts to fight GE5, it just doesn't make any sense at all to start them out so high. And I'm not going to validate their choice by going out of my way to participate in it immediately. If at some point I get my defending boosts to the level where it is feasible to participate in GE5, then I will. But I'm not destroying or completely remaking my city to do it, especially given that the rewards are not that great. (And spare me the spiel about the buildings, they're not that great outside of their usefulness in GE5.)

MKPapa

I do not complain about GE5.
I just do not see its rewards compelling enough to intensely push my defense up. The same was with previous GE levels. I have not built my city with intent to complete GE 1-4, but I easily complete GE 1-4 because their requirements align well with other FoE challenges.
Looks like all new event buildings will have defending boosts on par with attacking boosts. May be, Inno wants us to spend more money/diamonds on future events by making its rewards more compelling because of GE5?
I will not be surprised if future events will also require high defense boost to complete, my bet is Inno decided to push active players in defense direction, because attack levels became extremely high already.

Pericles the Lion

Ummm, no. Wrong to the extreme. I'm negative about GE5 because it didn't just bring defense army boosts "even more into relevance", it introduced a feature that pretty much demands that they be as high as the attacking boosts we've spent years building up. After having no game feature that even rewarded having defending army boosts to any relevant degree. If they had introduced this with much more reasonable enemy boosts on level 5, then I would have no problem at all with it. I actually have no problem with the fact that it takes a ton of goods to negotiate GE5, because that is actually just the natural progression from GE4.

So, thanks for your self-righteous dismissal of others' genuine feedback on this, but many of us don't have 2000% attacking boosts, and wouldn't have even cared about a GE5 that just extended the same mechanic as GE1-4. I like the idea of it taking defending army boosts to fight GE5, it just doesn't make any sense at all to start them out so high. And I'm not going to validate their choice by going out of my way to participate in it immediately. If at some point I get my defending boosts to the level where it is feasible to participate in GE5, then I will. But I'm not destroying or completely remaking my city to do it, especially given that the rewards are not that great. (And spare me the spiel about the buildings, they're not that great outside of their usefulness in GE5.)
You should take off the blinders. I agree that building attacking army boosts to 2K+ takes most players years. However, it won't take months, let alone years, to get defense army boosts to the point where they can handle 75%, or more, of Level 5 in SAJM. Lower eras should take even less.

DoubleJ

My hot take regarding most negative feedback is that it just sounds entitled to me. If GE5 had used red boosts like the other four levels, pretty much nobody who's complained here about it would be complaining about it because they've already been riding that train for years now. They're pretty much just upset because an already-existing mechanic has been brought even more into relevance and they'd rather have just more of the same. They wanted to auto battle through GE5 from day 1 with their 2000% red military bonuses and are mad only because Inno threw us a curveball by using blue bonuses instead. Sure, none of us could have anticipated that they'd do that, but this isn't the first time a new addition to the game has asked us to re-evaluate what we're placing down in our cities. We've been doing that all along as time passes. Buildings from the tech tree get replaced by a combination of event buildings and GBs, and even some of those event buildings and GBs will end up getting replaced eventually by even better stuff. Is this instance any different just because it potentially involves removing some sacred red military boosts? The horror!

Also, for some more context behind how my city looks overall, even with my baseline blue bonuses of 630/715, I still also have red bonuses of 514/702. That's with me also wasting a lot of city space by having every GB built (even the objectively bad ones; it's just a personal goal for me).
Blue boosts were not functionally an "already-existing mechanic." They existed as a concept but not relevant to any player. And due to space limitations forcing players to make exclusionary choices, they were actively discouraged. As I've said multiple times, red boosts gave more FP, points, goods, and prestige in basically every aspect of the game (GE, GBG, PVP arena, GVG, plundering). Blue did nothing. Blue boosts were beaten by red boosts in every case, even in the situations blue boosts were nominally designed for. "You have 2000% blue attack and defense so you won't get plundered? Great, enjoy wasting 6 attacks on my rogues while I manually focus fire your units and win 7-0." "You have 2000% blue attack and defense so I won't hit you in Arena? I wasn't going to hit you anyway because you're worth half as much as the AI bots which are easier because they use the same troops every time making it easy to counter." Red boosts are sacred because they matter. Blue boosts have never mattered until GE5.

People who are competitive would not build a city with blue boosts, much less with OoD or Coliseum. And if you want to play in a non-competitive way that's fine, no one is telling you not to. What people are complaining about is that just because a dumb design change hurts you less than them, doesn't mean it's a good design change.
Just remember that it was Inno who made it possible to earn free diamonds in the first place. Pickings were quite slim when the game first released as well.
Wishing wells were much more accessible, being a prize in basically every event.
Your colorful prose reminds me of the Dr. Seuss story "Green Eggs and Ham". Instead of characterizing L5 as a "turd sandwich" perhaps you should suck it up and give it a try. Hear that sound? It's the sound of Virgos, SBCs, and Krakens going up in all of the servers. It seems that the initial uproar over L5 is fading. Soon, it appears, the voices of opposition will fade into obscurity - just like they did with the abort limit.
I've been clearly GE5 at enormous cost because I actually like dumb portraits. And it sucks. The abort limit only impacted botters using CF loops for goods, a tiny minority of players. GE5's terrible changes impact everyone to varying degrees. Whether that's effectively removing a source of diamonds from new players or draining 5 figures of goods from developed players. It's a turd sandwich, and insisting everyone try it because you happen to like it does not mean it's no longer a turd sandwich