• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

honey55

I use my kraken for the last 4 fights in ge5. I believe it helps. Im Titan and my boosts are 1361/1850. That said after evaluating it, if i hadn't already had it, i probably wouldnt build it. It gives 80 fps and takes 25 plots. So i guess it's still worth the space since it's already raised. Players in my guild were saying the ToR isn't worth the space. I won't need more expansions. I can just delete gbs.

Angry.Blanket

If I know their defense is really high I do those fights manually. Its a 50/50% on AB. My attack is 3401/3017 and it's reliable upto about 2300/2300 defense. 3800/3800 would beat my defense on AB 100%
What happens to PvP when everyone jacks their defense up so no one can win? Why are so many so concerned about losing a few fight in PvP?

Dursland

Secondly, there's no possible way for you to know if player count is dropping, climbing, or remaining the same. Players come and go all the time. Always have...always will.
You misunderstood first part, he was saying good luck to us on the new GBG. I think he quit mostly because of the events, he was complaining about them.

As for second part, yes you can tell player count is dropping by going to scoredb.io, looking up dilmun and comparing it to past worlds.

I regularly have to remove 7+day inactives off my list.

Sharmon the Impaler

What happens to PvP when everyone jacks their defense up so no one can win? Why are so many so concerned about losing a few fight in PvP?
It's not PVP at all , its the GE5 defense requirement that is boosting the defense up much higher than it used to be. I get 278 exactly from the top PVP fights. If I disconnect my city to drop my defense it jumps up to 385

Pericles the Lion

As for second part, yes you can tell player count is dropping by going to scoredb.io, looking up dilmun and comparing it to past worlds.
Scoredb lists the number of player accounts on each world. Unless you were to look at them individually you can't tell if the account is active, or not. Also, unless you have been tabulating the total player counts for a long period of time you can't say if the total count is falling. Finally, comparing Dilmun to other worlds is meaningless.
I regularly have to remove 7+day inactives off my list.
So does everyone else that methodically manages their friends list. I've been culling mine for as long as I have been playing the game. Doesn't mean that the number of players is falling. Just face it. Nobody but INNO knows if the player base is growing, shrinking, or stable.

Sharmon the Impaler

It is a little skewed though. Birka was released and played a full year pre pandemic. Dilmun was released post pandemic and in a crippled economy.

Pericles the Lion

Looking at players above 20,000 points is a pretty good indicator of activity.
The number of players over 20K is not an indicator of activity. Maybe these players are active, maybe they are not. Case on point. When I started playing, the #1 player in Tuulech had a bit over 1B points. That player now has 1.2B points, still shows up on ScoreDB and has been totally inactive for two years.
Here is Birka at approximately the 1 year mark:

8069 players above 20k points.

Dilmun has 6482 players above 20k points at the 1 year mark.

Pretty strong example there of a declining playerbase.
You're saying that because Dilmun @ one year has fewer 20K+ players than Birka @ one year the player base is declining? Not only are you comparing apples with oranges (literally), you still don't know who on the ScoreDB list is active and who is not. As I said before, only INNO knows how many active players they have and they ain't saying. Anyone, outside of INNO, making statements about the status of the player base is just speculating. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Emberguard

It is a little skewed though. Birka was released and played a full year pre pandemic. Dilmun was released post pandemic and in a crippled economy.

I'm not surprised. Anything post-pandemic was always going to carry a high risk of a sudden dropoff in players (even if it happens in stages) due to the nature of artificial highs

If everyone who joins from the pandemic stays for the same average amount of time relative to those that joined pre-pandemic, then you'll have a group in the mix that is inflated more than every other group. The moment the bulk of that larger group leaves you're not going to have a equally large group available to replace them. I'm expecting us to have already gone through a lot of that period by now given you'll have players that would have quit at the 6 - 12 month range

Dursland

I say the playerbase is declining and present numbers. You still say I'm wrong.

Not much more to do here but walk away from a pointless argument.

Maybe when next world has only 4k players over 20k after a year, you will start to agree with me.

Johnny B. Goode

The number of players over 20K is not an indicator of activity. Maybe these players are active, maybe they are not. Case on point. When I started playing, the #1 player in Tuulech had a bit over 1B points. That player now has 1.2B points, still shows up on ScoreDB and has been totally inactive for two years.
Ummm. So you're rebutting his point that the active playerbase is declining by demonstrating that even those over 20k points can be inactive?!? Logically, that reinforces his point.

Pericles the Lion

I say the playerbase is declining and present numbers. You still say I'm wrong.
Ummm. So you're rebutting his point that the active playerbase is declining by demonstrating that even those over 20k points can be inactive?!? Logically, that reinforces his point.
The figures that @Dursland submitted show the number of player accounts over a certain point threshold. They do not reveal player activity. Many of these accounts are inactive as we all well know. This being the case, from these numbers there is no way to draw conclusions regarding the trajectory of the overall active player base. It may be falling, it may not be.
8069 players above 20k points.

Dilmun has 6482 players above 20k points at the 1 year mark.

Pretty strong example there of a declining playerbase.
Maybe, maybe not. The snapshot shows that Birka has 8069 player accounts above 20K at the one year make and Dilmun has only 6482 player accounts above 20K. But, from these numbers, we can't tell how many of these players were/are active. If 50% of the Birka players were inactive when the snapshot was taken (leaving 4035 active) and 80% of the Dilmun players are active (5186 active) it could be argued that the player base is growing.

Another thing to consider is how many of the Dilmun players are unique players in that they only play on Dilmun? Maybe part of the reason for fewer player accounts on Dilmun is that fewer players with cities on older worlds started a new one on Dilmun. I know that I didn't.

In summary, the ScoreDB numbers are interesting but not conclusive. If someone wants to think that the number of active players is declining as a result of INNO's decisions they are free to do so. It's only fuel for gossip. Meanwhile, INNO has the facts and will base their decisions about the future of the game upon them.

Johnny B. Goode

What even is the point of this?
View attachment 20794

I mean, just say 100% chance of 15 Fragments of Greater Ritual Flame.
Because I believe that the 10% slot is originally an avatar. After you get the avatar, then you get the fragments whenever that 10% chance hits. It's apparently easier to just have the reward change than to switch from two rewards to one. Kind of like each RQ in an age giving Diamonds once and then medals after that when that slot comes up, except we don't see the chances graphically then, just the results.

Orius Maximus

Because I believe that the 10% slot is originally an avatar. After you get the avatar, then you get the fragments whenever that 10% chance hits. It's apparently easier to just have the reward change than to switch from two rewards to one. Kind of like each RQ in an age giving Diamonds once and then medals after that when that slot comes up, except we don't see the chances graphically then, just the results.

Probably the case but it's not like the avatars are great prizes either.