• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Johnny B. Goode

So I've only tried (unsuccessfully) encounter one of GE5. If the Tavern extra turn boost works, I may try again negotiating tomorrow. However, the suckiest thing about level 5 is that even if/when you build a "fortification", it's only good for that encounter! Seriously? Maybe if they counted for all following encounters, they might be worth building. I'm not paying goods for a 30/50% boost for one encounter. Especially when I'm facing an army with 375% boosts. Just ridiculous.

Darkest.Knight

GE5 doesn't appeal to me, I doubt that I'll complete it regularly. I'll go through all of it this time to size up the rewards; the only use for them is to sell in the market, I'll c how it compares.

LoveNkind

DO NOT DESTROY YOUR CITY or GB over this week's changes. Reaction is so negative--worst I hav ever seen--that Inno must fix it somehow or cease to exist. You don't know WHAT will happen next, so nothing irreversible!

Cured Meat

nice it only take 4 weeks to get the buildings <thats a sarcastic "nice" if it wasn't obvious> . 10-13k of each Goods Nego'ed later over the next month, we get 1 of each building type. 3 months to get a lvl 3 Serpent. By then a totally new spec bldg will most likely be easier to get, cheaper to get, and better stats.

Why people are complaining? It's been ages since defense for defending army was used by players. Now is the time. Just take your time and slowly increase your def stats. Not a big deal.
Fragments are another story. Doesn't look good but in general rewards for GE1-4 are better than it was. No crappy victory towers, medals etc.
I think if the defense stats weren’t so demanding maybe you could do this, but my understanding is you’re talking 2000/2000 to clear this. So even if you get the final event reward in this event and similar events have similar event buildings with 25-30 on all military stats, you’re still talking multiple years of replacing event buildings to hit those numbers.

Silvysa

This is terrible. There's just no point. I would have to majorly gear my city toward city defense, just for the GE 5 and no other purpose, in order to be able to fight in it. Why would I waste lots of land in my city for something that gives meh rewards? The rewards would have to be MASSIVELY better to make it worth it in terms of city space, and in terms of goods - both individually and for the guild's treasury. Even doing the first 64 is a waste of time now, since you get nothing but useless fragments. If Inno's goal is to make GE obsolete, then this was a fantastic change. With city defense useless for actual city defense (just collect on time...) I guess Inno is trying to make city defense/attack relevant somehow? This isn't it. Inno needs to give us a reason to bother with four full levels of the GE (bring back some better rewards), make GE 5 more accessible without having to shift city space focus big time to something that is completely useless except for this one thing, and unveil better rewards for GE5. Right now, it's a total bust. As a guild founder, this makes me just want to do away with the GE requirement for the guild entirely. I wouldn't want to ask my guild members to spend time on something that offers so little for them in return.

Silvysa

I think if the defense stats weren’t so demanding maybe you could do this, but my understanding is you’re talking 2000/2000 to clear this. So even if you get the final event reward in this event and similar events have similar event buildings with 25-30 on all military stats, you’re still talking multiple years of replacing event buildings to hit those numbers.
And those buildings aren't good for anything else, so big hunks of junk that could just help you get mediocre rewards from the GE 5.

puzzle63

I was doing a little more research on GE just now.
If you just do 3 Neg's on Lv 5. it going to cost you 9180 goods.
With 8 free attempts out of the 80. If you Neg at the rate Inno says 1.2(20%) per attempt. It will cost you in medals 96,913,598 to do the last 72.

On top of them Nerfing the TOR big time AGAIN.
Nobody in there right mind is going to change their city to "add" city defense just to do lv 5 GE. That was the most stupidest idea Inno every came up with. Here a Idea Inno. If you want to kill the game. Add city defense to GVG. :)

Ziddim

Way to go Fragment of Empires GE5 sucks worthless rewards i would rather get a building i can sell to the ad than get fragments i have to keep in inventory until i get enough to sell to the ad.

Pericles the Lion

Way to go Fragment of Empires GE5 sucks worthless rewards i would rather get a building i can sell to the ad than get fragments i have to keep in inventory until i get enough to sell to the ad.
Have you checked out the buildings offered in L5? They are too OP to win outright which explains the need for fragments. When completed, they probably would be used and not sold in the AD.

RedR0ck

The problem is that most of the people follow current meta with GBG > boost your attack and go all the way down and when Inno tries to change the meta people explode and scream that we don't want to rebuild our cities. Initially it was designed but wasn't applicable in any way. Now they give "a way" but still doesn't work. Why people prefer to use only one "attacking" part of the game instead of 2?
Nobody said that it will be fast and easy. People are spoiled with click - click - click > Done. This game is not about the fastest way to complete it. It takes years for developing cities and it will take time to boost your defense as well.
and this "still talking multiple years of replacing event buildings to hit those numbers." is not true. Just need to be smart about this. Sit and think what you can use and what can't. Blow dust from your ritual flames in the inventory, check other stuff etc.

Dursland

Someone in my guild beat all of GE5 fighting.

He said he has 245% city defender's attack and stacked up to 7000% using 200 defender boost potions.

He was only taking one damage per hit, and still on the last encounter he had only 2 units left with less than half life on each.

So around 245/7000 is the minimum to fight your way through. Could probably get away with having less defense if you have more attack, but yeah there are some numbers for you to work with.

Pericles the Lion

Someone in my guild beat all of GE5 fighting.

He said he has 245% city defender's attack and stacked up to 7000% using 200 defender boost potions.

He was only taking one damage per hit, and still on the last encounter he had only 2 units left with less than half life on each.

So around 245/7000 is the minimum to fight your way through. Could probably get away with having less defense if you have more attack, but yeah there are some numbers for you to work with.
I think that his problem was with the 245% attack. He may have only been taking one damage per hit but that's all he was doing to the opposing units. Neither army held any boost advantage. 7000% is not sustainable. It's cool that he was successful but I'm thinking that his strategy is a one-trick-pony.

The problem is that most of the people follow current meta with GBG > boost your attack and go all the way down and when Inno tries to change the meta people explode and scream that we don't want to rebuild our cities. Initially it was designed but wasn't applicable in any way. Now they give "a way" but still doesn't work. Why people prefer to use only one "attacking" part of the game instead of 2?
Nobody said that it will be fast and easy. People are spoiled with click - click - click > Done. This game is not about the fastest way to complete it. It takes years for developing cities and it will take time to boost your defense as well.
and this "still talking multiple years of replacing event buildings to hit those numbers." is not true. Just need to be smart about this. Sit and think what you can use and what can't. Blow dust from your ritual flames in the inventory, check other stuff etc.
You need like 1,975/1975 or something to clear GE5. I’ve been playing for years and even on attack stats I think I’m at like 1700/1450. And when you say dust off those ritual flames, now you’re suggesting removing other FP or attack focused buildings that help players grow way more than doing marginally better in GE5. Why would anyone make that trade off. There needs to be incentives for doing GE5 continuously. Anyone can beat it once just negotiating a ton. I’m saying that it just isn’t worth it changing your city just for this when defensive stats don’t do anything else at the moment.

Dursland

I don't think you need to make tradeoffs. Inno is clearly aiming for GE5 capability with those new buildings.

Keymaster's Workshop, Phantom Tower, the upcoming Panda Shrine all offer boosts on both sides of the attacking/defending spectrum.

Fill your city with buildings like those and you won't lose out on anything. I'd wager we will see more of them in the future, and keymaster workshop means you can keep churning out Phantom Towers - which is the best option at the moment for two-way boosts.