• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Pericles the Lion

Where are all of these "newer players" that got screwed? Why aren't they here complaining?
New players don't use the forums. I've had this account for years and only activated this so I could complain about the stupidest thing I've ever seen Inno do
Sure they do, they just seem to not be complaining much. I started playing in November 2020 and started participating in the Forum a month later. I'm sure that I am not the exception. Currently, there are 11K views on this thread, but only 444 replies (from only a few dozen players). Lots of "eyeballs" and only INNO knows who they belong to.

DoubleJ

You...missed me mentioning fighting, didn't you? You also probably missed me mentioning in another post that I fought through it myself. Takes a lot less goods to get through GE5 once negotiation is removed from the equation, and that's exactly what'll happen for players who work towards being able to fight through the level rather than negotiate it.
What were your bonuses when you cleared GE5?

Actually in the most recent event, it was (at least for me) fully possible to get the main event building without diamonds or the event pass.
Did you rank Silver? The last few events have only given out the full prize to people who got Silver or higher, as they were one short of the full building otherwise. This was tricky because the currency doesn't directly correlate to prizes (dumb fire keys) so it's hard to tell exactly how difficult the building was

DoubleJ

Good for you.
Yeah, a lot of people don't seem to understand that the opportunity cost of GE5 is still a cost. Spending 60k goods a week is a huge expense, compared to the previous expensive of like 5 rogues. And that's fine if you're in a guild with 30 SAJM players all feeding the treasury with their Arcs and Obs and Atom, but doesn't work if you're one of the few say SAAB players who usually has to donate goods to keep sieges up

Pericles the Lion

What is the distribution of the Fortifications supposed to be? I've played 96 Level 5 encounters. There are six possible structures. For each encounter, we are given three structures to choose from. In every encounter that I have faced, Temples were always 2 of the 3 options. 66.66% of the time, the Zacatzontli Statue was the third offer and 33.33% of the time the Tlacotzontli Statue was the third offer. I have yet to see the Temple of Infiltration.

Pericles the Lion

Yeah, a lot of people don't seem to understand that the opportunity cost of GE5 is still a cost. Spending 60k goods a week is a huge expense, compared to the previous expensive of like 5 rogues. And that's fine if you're in a guild with 30 SAJM players all feeding the treasury with their Arcs and Obs and Atom, but doesn't work if you're one of the few say SAAB players who usually has to donate goods to keep sieges up
You have no Arc/Obs/Atom/AIC? What do you have your Colony doing?

Last edited:

qaccy

@Friggin Unexpected Jeff For your reference, from one of my posts yesterday.
Also, I may not be in SAJM myself, but I am in SAV. I fought my way through GE5 last week with baseline defensive bonuses of about 500% for attack and 600% for defense. For the back half I was building fortifications to increase my attack power, and using defense potions to reduce incoming damage. By the end I'd pumped my defense bonus up to about 3000%, which wasn't enough to reduce all damage to 1, but it was enough to keep me going while I chipped away at the enemy units. The potion use wouldn't be sustainable long-term, but they work in the short-term while I acquire more permanent bonuses from buildings. Particularly for attack, so I can kill stuff quicker and not have to worry as much about taking damage in the first place.

Darkest.Knight

GE5 is a bunch of grin and bear it negotiations, I'll do GE5 to get a Feather Serpent, 15% attacking army attack buff for a 3 X 2 is quite good.

The goods cost are a bit high but nowhere close to 60000, I don't pay too much attention to my daily goods production but at least 2000 goods/day. I've finished by 3rd pass thru GE5 w/o any real depletion of my goods stores. I have to do more trades now for lower lvl goods but not much of a problem.

After 3 passes I've collected 3 x 90 diamonds, that's less than half of what I was getting before the changes.

DoubleJ

@Friggin Unexpected Jeff For your reference, from one of my posts yesterday.
I recall that post, but couldn't find it when I scanned. The biggest issues with that is that Power Dragons are significantly easier to win against than Harpooners. Especially when you cannot one shot them. So while you did complete GE5 through combat, you did it an easier age with lower requirements using an unsustainable amount of consumables in a city that apparently already has a high amount of city defense. Were you already building carousels and SBC? I don't see how a Space Age player has that much city defense unless they're doing something non-traditional.
You have no Arc/Obs/Atom/AIC? What do you have your Colony doing?
It's up to 3000 goods for one siege camp. An age without a lot of players cannot keep those camps going with their AAA/O alone. We have one TE player who uses his CF to generate goods to donate to the treasury to make up for when his age messes up camp balance. If he had to spend 60k a month on GE he would not be able to also do GBG. Now in fairness, TE GE5 is a lot easier to get through than SA GE5, but it's still a massive burden. And that's the issue: this is a burden. It's not a challenge and it's not good design. Just a millstone to drag across the finish line. My colony just makes 9 sponges, but I'm aware some people don't use their colony which is insane to me.
The goods cost are a bit high but nowhere close to 60000, I don't pay too much attention to my daily goods production but at least 2000 goods/day. I've finished by 3rd pass thru GE5 w/o any real depletion of my goods stores. I have to do more trades now for lower lvl goods but not much of a problem.
That 60k wasn't weekly, it was 15k for four weeks which is the requirement for Forgotten Temple. Sorry for the ambiguity. To erect one FT, it takes about 60k goods.

DoubleJ

Precisely , we are getting fragments now not buildings. You have to multiply it by 4 to get the cost of the temple which is about 50-60K goods every 4 weeks. That is super expensive for what you get. The last 2 GE I received 0 diamonds , this one I received 2X90 so much much less for 4X the effort. If you do the math in fact it is almost the equivalent of GE4 battled through AND negotiated (GE5 costs about the same goods as GE1-GE4 negotiated combined) through for 1/2 the rewards. Some upgrade this is .... not !!
At a minimum, they need to clean up the fragment system. It should honestly be an entirely new inventory page. Like how goods are currently listed, should be the same with fragments.

Pericles the Lion

It's up to 3000 goods for one siege camp. An age without a lot of players cannot keep those camps going with their AAA/O alone. We have one TE player who uses his CF to generate goods to donate to the treasury to make up for when his age messes up camp balance. If he had to spend 60k a month on GE he would not be able to also do GBG. Now in fairness, TE GE5 is a lot easier to get through than SA GE5, but it's still a massive burden. And that's the issue: this is a burden. It's not a challenge and it's not good design. Just a millstone to drag across the finish line. My colony just makes 9 sponges, but I'm aware some people don't use their colony which is insane to me.
The amount of goods needed to negotiate the GE levels does not scale with age. I think all would agree that IA players are not able to produce 6K IA goods and 6K BA goods weekly because they don't have enough space for the necessary buildings. The same could probably be said for EMA players. Certainly, as a player ages up, the probability that they can make produce the required goods increases. There has to be an Age where production of 6K current, and 6K prior, is a real possibility but I suspect that it is not until the Space Ages (because the Colony can produce goods). The TE player in your guild will need to build their boosts and battle L5. The good news is that battling in the lower ages seems a better option than in the Space Ages.

Pericles the Lion

Colony goods are limited by special goods and aren't nearly the volume of city production. EG SAJM maxed out produces 960 Topological if you squeeze the 8th goods building every 2 days. You also can not produce previous era goods in the colony which GE5 requires as well.
Here's me being pedantic again. My Colony produces 1440 per day on 8 hour cycles from 12 buildings (6 Adventurers and 6 Research Labs). Similarly active play on the C-Map produces enough Asteroid Ice to support the Colony production. SAV goods come from a L73 SG, an assortment of special buildings that I did not age up when I arrived in SAJM, and a bunch of SoAs.

Sledgie

Colony goods are limited by special goods and aren't nearly the volume of city production. EG SAJM maxed out produces 960 Topological if you squeeze the 8th goods building every 2 days. You also can not produce previous era goods in the colony which GE5 requires as well.
I have 7 topo buildings and 8 DNA data buildings running on 24 hour productions in my colony. 80 x 13 = 1040 SAJM goods per day. I produce the supplies to sustain them without life support.

qaccy

I recall that post, but couldn't find it when I scanned. The biggest issues with that is that Power Dragons are significantly easier to win against than Harpooners. Especially when you cannot one shot them. So while you did complete GE5 through combat, you did it an easier age with lower requirements using an unsustainable amount of consumables in a city that apparently already has a high amount of city defense. Were you already building carousels and SBC? I don't see how a Space Age player has that much city defense unless they're doing something non-traditional.
I outlined the bonuses I had baseline, and acknowledged that my current path to victory isn't sustainable long-term. However, I also mentioned that I don't intend for it to be, as I'll be adding a lot of new buildings to my city over the next couple of events. I haven't actually played the game since late 2021, so most of my city is nearly two years old by now!

Also, I don't think it's fair to claim that GE5 is 'impossible' at higher ages because of the boosts, but then when someone comes along in one of those later ages saying they beat it by fighting and explaining how, you dismiss it as being because they're in an 'easy' age lol. Which is it, are higher ages easier or harder than lower ones?

Flavius Belisarius

Question about two building spaces in LVL V.
Do buildings supporting Negotiations (ZACAZONTIL) get double effect if I build two when there are two slots?