• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

Ebeondi Asi

Who Moved My Cheese? Finally my own failure to follow good advice.
Previously. GE 5 and using City boost? No problem, I quickly decided fighting was the only path to go and worked at building city boost. I felt I had time to work in it and now I'm very happy with my results.
New GbG? Changed my attitude from chasing fights to maxing Attrition. Worked well.No problem.

QI? damn I feel lost. The big problem is the apparent need to instantly be up to speed on something darn near impossible to do so. There is no gradual, it is 100% on day one, and hard even or the top players, totally impossible for most middle or new players.
All three of my Gulds say taking it easy Ok on QI, But I feel guilty as heck for not being way more capable.
So Inno moved the Cheese again, and this time I am not seeing any solution that does not take a year plus to solve. (without spending tons of Diamonds)
Which leaves me sad.
Everyone has been hit by inflation. I just cannot afford to spend a lot anymore.

The cost of actively chasing QI is high. And Inno planted QI with no consideration for 99% of players who look at it it and think wtf??? There is no consideration for small Guilds. QI is designed for only the top Guilds and players in those Guilds who either are Type A folks who love a hard challenge, or Any players who can spend a lot of money.
Plus the added time needs.. Time to collect and distribute Collection and do the City/GB tasks.. , time to do GE, time to do GbG, time to aid, time to do all the Settlements one never did before, Time to now do a second small new city and work it and the clhallenges over and over from scratch, Time for ever longer events, and Rivals,

I'm retired and have nothing to do, but this is too much!! Is this on purpose? does Inno want players to quit from burnout, even players who have been on for years and years? seems so. New players would start then see just how much stuff they have to do to get anywhere, and quit?

I would say Inno seems to be a rudderless ship locked on full steam ahead With developers who seem to think they are doing a great job just because the ship s moving faster...

Anyway I am trying to find the Cheese. It just seems like a harder job this time around.

Last edited:

Wwwoodchuck

I see the field is still split between QI is the greatest thing and WTHeck is going on!

QI is designed for only the top Guilds and players in those Guilds who either are Type A folks who love a hard challenge, or Any players who can spend a lot of money.
Plus the added time needs.. Time to collect and distribute Collection and do their City/GB tasks.. , time to do GE, time to do GbG, time to aid, time to do all the Settlements one never did before, Time to now do a second small new city and work it and the challenges over and over from scratch, Time for ever longer events, and Rivals,
I know of a 1500 day old, top 5, end game city that has been sitting idle. And a couple other cities that have not worried about collections. I find I have more time to stock the cooler, check the prevailing winds and tides then pick a place to go for the day, or part of it or not at all! Some days it is just as productive to put on some tunes and take a nice nap or read a book on the porch.

I'm retired and have nothing to do, but this is too much!! Is this on purpose? does Inno want players to quit from burnout, even players who have been on for years and years? seems so. New players would start then see just how much stuff they have to do to get anywhere, and quit?

I am retired also and found less frustrating nothings to do since the new and improved FoE chased me off. Join me at the inlet or over on the barrier island. My beach cart can haul another chair and a few more fishing poles. Filling the cooler with ice and beverages every day is still cheaper than playing FoE. For those of us that supported the game and helped support all the F2P that is. Why worry about getting frustrated with 5 minute, 1 hour or 10 hour productions when you can kick back and watch the waves roll in.

Anyway I am trying to find the Cheese. It just seems like a harder job this time around.

If we fall asleep and miss the bite, I have a pack of hot dogs in the fridge. We can put some of that cheese on them while we grill them up in the shade of the carport!

Pericles the Lion

I see the field is still split between QI is the greatest thing and WTHeck is going on!

I know of a 1500 day old, top 5, end game city that has been sitting idle. And a couple other cities that have not worried about collections. I find I have more time to stock the cooler, check the prevailing winds and tides then pick a place to go for the day, or part of it or not at all! Some days it is just as productive to put on some tunes and take a nice nap or read a book on the porch.

I am retired also and found less frustrating nothings to do since the new and improved FoE chased me off. Join me at the inlet or over on the barrier island. My beach cart can haul another chair and a few more fishing poles. Filling the cooler with ice and beverages every day is still cheaper than playing FoE. For those of us that supported the game and helped support all the F2P that is. Why worry about getting frustrated with 5 minute, 1 hour or 10 hour productions when you can kick back and watch the waves roll in.

If we fall asleep and miss the bite, I have a pack of hot dogs in the fridge. We can put some of that cheese on them while we grill them up in the shade of the carport!
Do you have anything to contribute that is on topic? Your Jimmy Buffet imagery is nice but it has nothing to do with Quantum Incursions.

jaymoney23456

Players are starting to burn out fast as others have alluded to. No one but very few have the time or the $$$ to throw at QI. Needs to be where you don't have to sit there and manual fight all the time and where your QI city doesn't disappear every season. I am not gonna do much for this next anniversary event since there is simply too much to do in the game that takes too much time!

jaymoney23456

Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for FOE. At the rate things are going there won't be more than a couple guilds doing max effort in GbG for much longer and will be unlikely that many stay interested in QI for long.

JJ597

Players are starting to burn out fast as others have alluded to. No one but very few have the time or the $$$ to throw at QI. Needs to be where you don't have to sit there and manual fight all the time and where your QI city doesn't disappear every season. I am not gonna do much for this next anniversary event since there is simply too much to do in the game that takes too much time!
I've stopped doing manual fights. Manual fighting is too time consuming. I am now going for the 2X fights, even if I only have one of the troops for it. This first Quantum Incursions has had a steep learning curve, next season will be somewhat easier. However, the big guilds get richer, where is the incentive for someone in a smaller guild to continue to play?

Avan Sensei

Manual fight is stupid but you need to manual fight to get anywhere in QI. I once spent an hour manual fighting just to get 25 points. I realized how stupid QI is and I won't be playing much of it next season.

JJ597

Manual fight is stupid but you need to manual fight to get anywhere in QI. I once spent an hour manual fighting just to get 25 points. I realized how stupid QI is and I won't be playing much of it next season.
I've stopped manual fighting. I now do autobattle. Do I lose troops, yes! Do I care, NO! Why? I'll never finish in the top three, so who cares!

Envy Macoun

This whole qi is a load of crap. It takes happiness to build decorations??????????????? So I build amphitheater and that used up all my resources, so it's a catch 22. By the time i have enough supplies to do ANYTHING, given the 10 hour cycle, the qi will be over. I sold off a dwelling, but the euphoria didn't increase, and I got nothing back for the sale. This seems to go against all the "rules" of FoE. NOW, I can't even sell the amphitheater since I don't have enough euphoria! What genius came up with these rules? TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUDICROUS! What are they smoking over at Inno? SERIOUSLY, DUDE, that some FUS.
Big learning curve. Some of us learn faster than others. It's nice to have something different for a change.

Wwwoodchuck

Do you have anything to contribute that is on topic? Your Jimmy Buffet imagery is nice but it has nothing to do with Quantum Incursions.
It has everything to do with the Quantum Incursions my exasperated friend. QI was the final straw for me to abandon my treasured cities and a game I have spent a great deal of money on in support of a company who gave me a great deal of enjoyment for many years. The direction they have been going has taken all enjoyment out of my beloved Forge of Empires. Each new addition does not bring pleasure for myself, and as I see here, does not bring satisfaction to many users. Yes, play only the parts you enjoy, and once I did that, I found recently that left little to enjoy. I had held onto hope for well over a year now, I simply had no hope left. I do see that some, as yourself, find QI simply an amazing addition to FoE! I am happy for them that they enjoy the direction The Company has taken with the game and I am sure your continued financial support is appreciated!!

I do stop back to this forum once in a while hoping The Company has changed its wayward path so that I can again, come back and play the game I once relished. My cities and over 100k diamonds are still here, waiting for that day. I do miss the comradery of the friends I have made in my worlds. I am offering that those who are as frustrated as myself join me in my new endeavors and we can reminisce of days gone by while enjoying, rather than being frustrated, in our retirements!

It was an open offer that even you, an online adversary to many, could take up! I can bring a spare chair and we can just relax and chat while enjoying activities rather than complaining about them.

Cheers and tight lines my friend!

Envy Macoun

Alright, so new question. What the heck are Quantum Medals and what good are they? I cannot use them in QI and they are in my City next to regular Medals on the screen but nothing on how to use them. Are they garbage like some other things they introduced to the Game?
You will be able to use them to buy expansions in your main city in the future.

WillyTwoShoes

In your main city, just not yet.

Envy please don't think this is directed at you personally, I pulled your quote to address something I consider a pile of stinky poo.

That Inno released a new venue and has rewards (quantum medals) that will be worth something some time later (to be announced) is an horrible way to treat your customers. It demonstrates a lack of vision, testing, and respect for your customers in a new product offering. Why anyone would even consider opening the pass line without knowing the full extent of their purchase is beyond me.

Envy Macoun

Envy please don't think this is directed at you personally, I pulled your quote to address something I consider a pile of stinky poo.

That Inno released a new venue and has rewards (quantum medals) that will be worth something some time later (to be announced) is an horrible way to treat your customers. It demonstrates a lack of vision, testing, and respect for your customers in a new product offering. Why anyone would even consider opening the pass line without knowing the full extent of their purchase is beyond me.
No worries. And I think of it as a carrot, potential, an incentive.

AAA12AAA

I've never been in a solo guild because I cannot think of a single reason to do so.
My main reason playing solo and not with the strong guild is that the gameplay becomes too easy when you have dozens of players as a backup, would loose interest really fast. Granted, you miss some of the action but it's not critical and for me pluses of the solo ride overcompensates benefits of the uber guild.
Also, there is a hectic schedule don't want to let down guildmates as I could be offline for weeks.
And overall freedom, have enough commanders in real life)